Windows 10: Open Internet Explorer in Windows 10

Discus and support Open Internet Explorer in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Open Internet Explorer in Windows 10 How to Restore and Open Internet Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Open Internet Explorer in Windows 10

How to: Open Internet Explorer in Windows 10

How to Restore and Open Internet Explorer in Windows 10

Open Internet Explorer in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that will be available across the Windows 10 device family. It is fast, compatible, and built for the modern Web.

Internet Explorer is still in Windows 10, but only Microsoft Edge is pinned to the taskbar by default now.

This tutorial will show you where to find Internet Explorer and pin it to the taskbar for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Taskbar

(Default with Microsoft Edge)

(Internet Explorer pinned)

Here's How:

1. Make sure that you have Internet Explorer 11 turned on in Windows Features. (see screenshot below)

2. If you want Internet Explorer to be your default program, then select Set this program as default for Internet Explorer in the tutorial linked below.
    *Arrow https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...a.html#option6

3. Do step 4 or step 5 below for how you would like to pin Internet Explorer to your taskbar.

4. To Pin to taskbar Internet Explorer in All apps
    A) Open All apps in your Start menu.

B) Scroll down to and expand open Windows Accessories.

C) Right click or press and hold on Internet Explorer, and click/tap on Pin to taskbar.

5. To Pin to taskbar Internet Explorer in File Explorer
    A) Open File Explorer.

B) Browse to and open the C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer folder.

C) Right click or press and hold on the iexplorer.exe file, and click/tap on Pin to taskbar.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Aug 18, 2016
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Open Internet Explorer in Windows 10 wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Open Internet Explorer in Windows 10

Unable to open internet explorer

Hi Maria,

The issue occur due to connection problem to your PC. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To isolate the issue, we also suggest to check this thread and look for Morris subba answer:

Internet explorer won't open in Windows 10
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Internet Explorer not opening on Windows 10

We appreciate the information that you provided. We have several troubleshooting steps that we suggest you perform to help with your concern regarding Internet Explorer.

• It's possible that Internet Explorer needs administrator permission to run properly. We recommend following these steps to run Internet Explorer in administrator mode:

• Click the Start button.

• Type Internet Explorer.

• Right-click Internet Explorer and select Run as administrator.

• If a dialog box pops up, click Yes.

2. Use this specialized Internet Explorer Diagnostic tool to find and fix problems
    with your browser.

3. Boot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking and
    see if Internet Explorer runs properly. This will ensure that Windows will run with only a limited set of drivers, and will resolve most software conflicts. If Internet Explorer runs without any problems in Safe Mode, perform a Clean
    Boot
    to resolve the software conflicts.

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Let us know if Internet Explorer works properly after following the steps above.

Yolvi Ell, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Internet Explorer won't open

Hi,

• If you cannot start Internet Explorer, you can open the settings window by pressing Windows Key + R, typing "inetcpl.cpl" in the Run box, and then pressing Enter. After the
      window is open, follow the steps that are described in the "How to reset Internet Explorer settings" section.
    If above steps failed to solve.

• Try to create new user account and then open IE.

Or

• Try clean installation method to reset your system.

VinOth_VingO, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Open Internet Explorer in Windows 10

1. Open Internet Explorer in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Open Internet Explorer

2. Internet Explorer not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer not opening: I want to use internet explorer because some of my legacy websites works only in internet explorer. But whenever i open internet explorer it goes directly to Microsoft edge. How to stop edge being opened....
  3. Internet Explorer not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Explorer not opening: I want to use internet explorer because some of my legacy websites works only in internet explorer. But whenever i open internet explorer it goes directly to Microsoft edge. How to stop edge being opened....
  4. Internet Explorer not opening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to open Internet Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open Internet Explorer in Windows 10: For the life of me I can't get Internet Explorer to open. It's not in the Windows Features, it's not in the list of updates, it's not in control panel or app programs, I can't install it as it's saying it's already installed. I tried running both regsvr32.exe “c:\program...
  6. Unable to open Internet Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open Internet Explorer in Windows 10: For the life of me I can't get Internet Explorer to open. It's not in the Windows Features, it's not in the list of updates, it's not in control panel or app programs, I can't install it as it's saying it's already installed. I tried running both regsvr32.exe “c:\program...
  7. Setup.exe was opening with internet explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setup.exe was opening with internet explorer: I wanted to install an app but when i first downloaded it , it asked which app to use i accidentally clicked internet explorer now i cant use the setup.exe file because it always opens in internet explorer....
  8. Internet explorer will not open

in Browsers and Email
    Internet explorer will not open: I have suddenly found that IE will not open. When you click on it to open you get the working circle for a few seconds and then nothing. I have tried using a different user account on the same PC, I have run SFC /scannow which reports no errors, I have also checked in...
  9. Internet Explorer 11 not opening

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11 not opening: Internet explorer 11 will not open, did an upgrade from 8.1 to 10 home edition. I have run a repair install & dism /restorehealth , unchecked ie 11 in programs & features rebooted and still nothing need help. 23760
  10. Open with Internet Explorer

in Browsers and Email
    Open with Internet Explorer: I have 1 desktop and 2 All In Ones which I am trying to configure to W10. I just changed the desktop to IE using the switch under the three dots where it says open with IE. I tried to do the same with this AIO and that switch doesn't work. I attempted to reset the default...