Windows 10: Desktop Showing Live Tiles Rather Than Desktop Icons

Discus and support Desktop Showing Live Tiles Rather Than Desktop Icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For some reason all of a sudden my computer is showing the Windows "Live Tiles" rather than the desktop icons that had been showing. How do I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Girevik, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Girevik Win User

Desktop Showing Live Tiles Rather Than Desktop Icons

For some reason all of a sudden my computer is showing the Windows "Live Tiles" rather than the desktop icons that had been showing. How do I get things back to the way it was?

:)

Girevik, Aug 24, 2016
  2. Kjonn01 Win User

Desktop

How do I get my desktop to show upon start up rather than the tiles...hating the tiles....

Kjonn01, Aug 24, 2016
  3. Lord Baal Win User
    Windows 10 live tiles

I know you can drag tile to the desktop.

But I want them to be live.

Like when I click on the start menu, it shows me the weather in the live tile.

If I go and drag and drop that app to the desktop, it's not live.

I also want to be able to resize the tiles on the desktop. Not in the view when you right click it. Every tile should be independently resized without effecting the other icons.

Lord Baal, Aug 24, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 24, 2016
  5. Girevik Win User
    Woot! That got it. Thanks for your help.

Girevik, Aug 24, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Desktop Showing Live Tiles Rather Than Desktop Icons - Similar Threads - Desktop Showing Live

2. desktop photos will not go on in live tile mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop photos will not go on in live tile mode: desktop photo app will not give me a live tile PS its in the on position https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-photos-will-not-go-on-in-live-tile-mode/2b9f6df0-37fc-4127-a391-3e7f616b8e7f
  3. desktop photos will not go on in live tile mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop photos will not go on in live tile mode: desktop photo app will not give me a live tile PS its in the on position https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-photos-will-not-go-on-in-live-tile-mode/2b9f6df0-37fc-4127-a391-3e7f616b8e7f
  4. Hard drive showing as normal folder rather than drive tiles

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive showing as normal folder rather than drive tiles: So my computer started displaying drive tiles as normal folders as can be seen in the pic I posted below. No recent updates that might have caused that. No apps installed either. I scanned for viruses but none was foundI even did windows reinstallation hoping it will resolve...
  5. Hard drive showing as normal folder rather than drive tiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive showing as normal folder rather than drive tiles: So my computer started displaying drive tiles as normal folders as can be seen in the pic I posted below. No recent updates that might have caused that. No apps installed either. I scanned for viruses but none was foundI even did windows reinstallation hoping it will resolve...
  6. Hard drive showing as normal folder rather than drive tiles

7. Desktop tiles

Desktop tiles: I uninstalled my mail tile by mistake. I tried to go to ms store bt I keep receiving "Try that again Page could not be loaded"This happened prior to 20H2 update. I was under the impression all would restore after update. But it did not. Suggestions?...
  8. Stretched desktop icon tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stretched desktop icon tiles: I was playing around with Ease of Access settings DPI and font size and it permanently stretched my desktop icon tiles. I'm using Windows 10 November 2019 Update and this is a bug from that version. Changing the settings won't even help it. I put sysprep.exe on my taskbar and...
  9. Desktop / Live tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop / Live tiles: Hi, my point is whether there will ever be a possibility to place Live Tiles on the desktop so that they stay there permanently in the same way as normal desktop icons (displaying their interactive content - a bit like windows 7 gadgets did) coz to me it would make much more...
  10. Unwanted live tiles on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted live tiles on desktop: I am an IT volunteer at a day centre and am working with a gentleman who has live tiles on the desktop which are unwanted. I can't seem to find the control panel if that is the way to rectify the problem. Does anyone know how to restore the desktop icons please? Many...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop showing tiles

2. tiles instead of icons are showing

3. windows 10 desktop showing tiles

4. desktop shows tiles instead of icons,
  5. windows keeps showing tiles instead of desktop,
  6. how to show the desktop rather than tiles on windows 10,
  7. tablet showing icons rather than desktop,
  8. desktop icons instead of tiles,
  9. thumbnails rather than tiles,
  10. titles instead of icons on the desktop windows 10,
  11. when I click browse desktop I get files rather than icons,