Windows 10: Device not ready to update to 1903

Discus and support Device not ready to update to 1903 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Got this message: [img] Updated (or better tried to update) to 1903 (from 1809), but when i landed in the update setting, i got this message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lange666, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Lange666 Win User

Device not ready to update to 1903

Got this message:

Device not ready to update to 1903 [​IMG]

Updated (or better tried to update) to 1903 (from 1809), but when i landed in the update setting, i got this message (desktop). Wondering what prevented the update, i first pressed the "learn more" button hoping that it would say why it could not update.
    Well, i didn't, it just gave the overall issue overview.
    Then i did a search on why my device (desktop) was not ready to receive the update. Up until now i didn't find anything.
    (it's an i4770K with a GTX 1080ti videocard, 2 SSD's and a single HD)
    The two "old" things attached to it is are a Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS which needs a bit of workaround to get the drivers installed but this was also already the case with Win7 and a set of CH rudder pedals for which there where drivers under Win7 but not anymore for Win10 (but they do work fine with Win10). Disconnecting them does not do the update either so i recon it's not that that prevents the update.

If Win10 can decide that my device isn't ready to receive the update, it should also be possible to say why it isn't ready.

So where do i find the real reason why Win10 says my device it isn't ready?

PS: updating through the update assistant lets me download the update, install it but after reboot it still says 1809...

:)

Lange666, Jun 22, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Device not ready to update to 1903

windows 10 "the device is not ready"

Hi,

If your device is working fine in Windows 7/8/8.1, I would suggest you to try the steps provided in the article mentioned below and see if it helps you to fix the issue. Though the article is for Windows 8.1 but steps holds good for Windows 10 too.

Get your apps and devices working in
    Windows 8.1

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Device not ready to update to 1903

1. Device not ready to update to 1903 - Similar Threads - Device ready update

2. "Device isn't quite ready" for 1903 update in 2021?!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Device isn't quite ready" for 1903 update in 2021?!: My work PC is still running version 1803 and I finally wanted to update it to 20H2 but it's not working:I checked for updates and first it installed a regular one for 1803 KB4589206 and then the Adobe Flash one KB4577586. Afterwards it found 1903 but when it tried to install...
  3. Ready to use device

Ready to use device: We are looking for a solution where we can send the ready to use device to the end user. When I say ready to use device I mean that all the applications, SW the user would need on day 1 based on his job profile to do the work. We have few complains when the devices are...
  4. May 2004 Update, Device not ready ?

May 2004 Update, Device not ready ?: I recently received a message saying "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. We’re offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isn’t quite ready for it. Once your device is ready, you’ll see the update available on this page. There’s nothing you need to...
  5. The device is not ready

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The device is not ready: Hi, When I try to open msconfig and task manager an error message pops up saying C:\Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe "The device is not ready" C:\Windows\system32\msconfig.exe "The device is not ready" Could you help me fix this? Thanks....
  6. Windows 10 1903 Update your device isn't quite ready

Windows 10 1903 Update your device isn't quite ready: I'm trying to update to 1903 but I get the message your device isn't quite ready. I'm not sure why I'm getting this message since the PC is up to date with all the Windows updates. Is there something else that I need to do to get the PC ready for 1903? Thank, Paul...
  7. Device not ready to opdate to 1903

Device not ready to opdate to 1903: Got this message: [img] Updated (or better tried to update) to 1903 (from 1809), but when i landed in the update setting, i got the same message (desktop, not laptop in my case). Wondering what prevented the update, i first pressed the "learn more" button hoping that it...
  8. device not ready error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    device not ready error: I am trying to install fonts (from dafont) that I have on my computer in my downloads folder. I am getting an error "device is not ready" and the fonts will not install. I have Windows 10. I was able to do this before so why can I not do it now?...
  9. Device is not ready

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device is not ready: HI. I recently tried to lock my HD710 external-HDD and then I got a problem in decryption when I wanna use my e-HDD after entering the password I get this error : "Encryption has been stopped Device is not ready" I'm sure that I enter the password correctly and I'm...
  10. Updates ready.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates ready.: Two Updates ready. [img] 1953

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update 1903 device not ready

2. 1903 not ready

3. 1903 not visiblein devices

4. device not ready for 1903,
  5. device not quite ready for 1903,
  6. win10 update computer not ready 1903,
  7. windows 1903 device not quite ready,
  8. your device is not ready for 1901 update,