Windows 10: Diagnostic data

Discus and support Diagnostic data in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How long Microsoft retain its collected customer diagnostic data ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SavvnSavvn, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Diagnostic data

How long Microsoft retain its collected customer diagnostic data ?

:)

SavvnSavvn, Sep 9, 2019

2. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown Diagnostic data :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Diagnostic data

Brink, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Diagnostic data

1. Diagnostic data - Similar Threads - Diagnostic data

2. About a Diagnostic Data Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About a Diagnostic Data Viewer: Does Diagnostic Data Viewer will send problem reports, including driver error, app crashes, program stop working, BSOD?Diagnostic Data Viewer need internet connection to send to Microsoft to fix problems, true or false?...
  3. About a Diagnostic Data Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About a Diagnostic Data Viewer: Does Diagnostic Data Viewer will send problem reports, including driver error, app crashes, program stop working, BSOD?Diagnostic Data Viewer need internet connection to send to Microsoft to fix problems, true or false?...
  4. optional diagnostic data keeps turning itself off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    optional diagnostic data keeps turning itself off: the video of me trying it outwhen i try to get windopws insider it doesnt let me bc of the optinal data thing and when i turn it on it just unturns on video above is a google drvie link so dont think its sus or sumink i not a scemer...
  5. optional diagnostic data keeps turning itself off

optional diagnostic data keeps turning itself off: the video of me trying it outwhen i try to get windopws insider it doesnt let me bc of the optinal data thing and when i turn it on it just unturns on video above is a google drvie link so dont think its sus or sumink i not a scemer...
  6. Windows 11 Optional Diagnostic Data cannot be turned on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Optional Diagnostic Data cannot be turned on.: I turn on optional diagnostic data but after leaving the tab it automatically turn off. @DaveM121 i hope you will help lol :DStep by step what is happening:1 23.4....
  7. Windows 11 Optional Diagnostic Data cannot be turned on.

Windows 11 Optional Diagnostic Data cannot be turned on.: I turn on optional diagnostic data but after leaving the tab it automatically turn off. @DaveM121 i hope you will help lol :DStep by step what is happening:1 23.4....
  8. How to block Windows 11 from using Diagnostic Data to show Ads

in Windows 10 News
    How to block Windows 11 from using Diagnostic Data to show Ads: Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system has so many preferences for showing advertisement and promotions that it is hard to keep up. Did you know that Windows may use diagnostic data to show you ads? Microsoft words these options differently, usually by adding "tips" and...
  9. Why is Optional diagnostic data keep being turn off automictically? I clicked turned on,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Optional diagnostic data keep being turn off automictically? I clicked turned on,...: Why does Optional diagnostic data keep being turn off automictically? I clicked turned on, then close the settings app, then clicked back on, and its off....
  10. Why is Optional diagnostic data keep being turn off automictically? I clicked turned on,...

Why is Optional diagnostic data keep being turn off automictically? I clicked turned on,...: Why does Optional diagnostic data keep being turn off automictically? I clicked turned on, then close the settings app, then clicked back on, and its off....