Windows 10: Dimming screen to turn off blue light spectrum

Discus and support Dimming screen to turn off blue light spectrum in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to dim the screen and apply a red tinted filter that turns off most of the blue light spectrum? I work on computer at night and this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kate Martin, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Dimming screen to turn off blue light spectrum

Is there a way to dim the screen and apply a red tinted filter that turns off most of the blue light spectrum?

I work on computer at night and this interferes with melatonin production and prevents sleep.

Katie

:)

Kate Martin, Dec 3, 2018
  2. jinchi Win User

Blue Light Reduction cannot be turned off

My laptop is Thinkpad W530. The system is windows 10 home edition build 14393.693.
    I set up my screen by using Blue Light Reduction (BLR). Now everyday after 9pm, the screen goes into blue light redution model. However, I want to revert it back to normal. The interesting thing comes that I cannot find way to. *SadNo BLR button in quick action. No BLR shows up in settings-display.

Here comes questions:
    1) How could I get it before? I remember it bubble up before to let me set up.
    2) How could I revert the system back to normal if I cannot do the same steps as instruction in my laptop as link below:

Blue Light Reduction - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

3) Is that I can only wait the system updated to like build 15007? Where I can download 15007?

jinchi, Dec 3, 2018
  3. how to turn off the night light screen

I set the timer for the night light, to dim the screen for night viewing, but it did not turn off

and I can not find the setting to turn it off/on.

WarrenBrannon, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Roan T Win User

Dimming screen to turn off blue light spectrum

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Dimming screen to turn off blue light spectrum

1. Dimming screen to turn off blue light spectrum - Similar Threads - Dimming screen turn

2. Deskop automatically dimming after turning on/off night light

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deskop automatically dimming after turning on/off night light: Summary of issue:Someone tapped on a bunch of keys today on my keyboard, over on the right hand side prt sc, pg up, ins, del, etc. They don't know which keys they hit, but it dimmed the screen of my desktop down to what seems like minimum brightness. It seems like Automatic...
  3. Deskop automatically dimming after turning on/off night light

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deskop automatically dimming after turning on/off night light: Summary of issue:Someone tapped on a bunch of keys today on my keyboard, over on the right hand side prt sc, pg up, ins, del, etc. They don't know which keys they hit, but it dimmed the screen of my desktop down to what seems like minimum brightness. It seems like Automatic...
  4. Deskop automatically dimming after turning on/off night light

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft LifeCam Blue Light Stay Will Not Turn Off

Microsoft LifeCam Blue Light Stay Will Not Turn Off: New Lenovo X1 Yoga Gen 6 laptop, Windows 10 OS:When I connect my Microsoft LifeCam Cinema or LifeCam Studio camera to the laptop the blue light will turn on and will not turn off. If I disable the LifeCam mic, the light will turn off until I, launch Skype, or open sound...
  6. Microsoft LifeCam Blue Light Stay Will Not Turn Off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft LifeCam Blue Light Stay Will Not Turn Off: New Lenovo X1 Yoga Gen 6 laptop, Windows 10 OS:When I connect my Microsoft LifeCam Cinema or LifeCam Studio camera to the laptop the blue light will turn on and will not turn off. If I disable the LifeCam mic, the light will turn off until I, launch Skype, or open sound...
  7. Turning off screen dimming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning off screen dimming: Hello,I am fighting an automatic screen dimming. With most of the screen black, any white surface even a cursor which is above around a third of the screen height will make the screen brighter, when I move the cursor down, the screen dims. There seems to be at least three...
  8. Turning off screen dimming

Turning off screen dimming: Hello,I am fighting an automatic screen dimming. With most of the screen black, any white surface even a cursor which is above around a third of the screen height will make the screen brighter, when I move the cursor down, the screen dims. There seems to be at least three...
  9. screen dimming on and off

screen dimming on and off: Hi,My screen keeps dimming and and off. I don't see any option to change adaptive brightness. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-dimming-on-and-off/a2a2e154-4f75-4d78-925b-51d0111f4c92
  10. Blue Light Reduction cannot be turned off

Blue Light Reduction cannot be turned off: My laptop is Thinkpad W530. The system is windows 10 home edition build 14393.693. I set up my screen by using Blue Light Reduction (BLR). Now everyday after 9pm, the screen goes into blue light redution model. However, I want to revert it back to normal. The interesting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why wont my online light for spectrum turn solid blue

2. night light not dimming screen

3. alienware r8 spectrum light app settings