Windows 10: Disable anniversary update lock screen

Discus and support Disable anniversary update lock screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have found two methods to do this, neither of which work Disable the Windows 10 Lock Screen (Anniversary Update) - gHacks Tech News Disable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mkr10001, Sep 2, 2016.

1. mkr10001 Win User

Disable anniversary update lock screen

mkr10001, Sep 2, 2016
  2. Shenan Stanley, Sep 2, 2016
  3. Lock Screen

Disable logon screen background image in Windows 10 Anniversary Update

• Open Settings.
    • Go to Personalization - Lock Screen.
    • Scroll down the page you opened until you see the option Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen. Turn it off as shown below:

Disable logon screen background image in Windows 10 Anniversary Update

William Martz, Sep 2, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 2, 2016
  5. mkr10001 Win User
    Aah that's a bit of a pain. Only I use it but I'll leave it not auto logging in

Thanks for the info. Didn't spot that in either of those guides, might have just skipped over it.

mkr10001, Sep 2, 2016
  6. HGilbert Win User
    HGilbert, Sep 27, 2016
  7. bobalazs Win User
    bobalazs, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable anniversary update lock screen - Similar Threads - Disable anniversary update

2. Lock Screen Problems in Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Problems in Anniversary Upgrade: I use Windows Home and find the inability to disable the Lock Screen on login really annoying. I used to use the registry fix on this forum but this no longer works. In Spotlight Mode, the correct Lock Screen background is shown when I use Windows Key + L but the last...
  3. Dissable Lock Screen - Windows 10 Anniversary

Dissable Lock Screen - Windows 10 Anniversary: Hi Maybe anyone knows hot to dissable Lock Screen in Windows 10 Anniversary ? Normal pre-update solutions doesn't work :\ 58505
  4. Lock screen background image does not appear (Anniversary Update)

Lock screen background image does not appear (Anniversary Update): Hi folks, Background A year or more ago I followed [this guide](How to Change the Login Screen Background on Windows 10) to set the Sign-in screen to a single colour rather than having to use Microsoft's default background image. So I set my own custom background image...
  5. Disable the Lock Screen?

Disable the Lock Screen?: Is there any way to disable the Lock Screen instead so it won't show on startup? Thanks 6552
  6. Disabling lock screen in Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

Disabling lock screen in Windows 10 Anniversary Edition: I tried the Windows 10 Anniversary to disable the lock screen using the Task Scheduler that is posted on your website.....it didnt work for me. I want to be able to go straight to the log in screen at start up of my computer....can someone help please. Thanks Jeannie...
  7. Win10Pro lock screen loop after anniversary update.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win10Pro lock screen loop after anniversary update.: Hi After last update (anniversary) I can't log into system. I have PIN authorisation set up and after last reboot after update I typed proper PIN - then screen just blink and lock screen show up again. No matter if I type PIN or password is the same issue. Of corse I...
  8. Anniversary Update causes freeze at lock screen

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anniversary Update causes freeze at lock screen: Old laptop, Core2 Duo. Windows Update still hasn't offered the Anniversary Update so I downloaded the installer (Windows10Upgrade28084.exe)today, and installed. After which, whenever waking from sleep, the lock screen would be totally unresponsive to keyboard and mouse; only...
  9. Anniversary update - apps disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anniversary update - apps disabled: My update to Anniversary Edition went fine, except I think I Have 2 apps that it disabled. The Action Center noted it, I clicked and it went to the maintenance page and I didn't see the names of the apps anywhere. Is there a way I can see which apps were disabled so I can...
  10. updated Anniversary Update and disable the superprefetch help

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    updated Anniversary Update and disable the superprefetch help: Hi i have just updated Anniversary Update via internal update and i have found that several processes are on again , like telemetry and superprefect i disabled both but in my prefetch folder i have these [img] is it normal ? i have 2 files and 1 empty folder...