Disable Auto arrange inside a folder

Discus and support Disable Auto arrange inside a folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a folder named SHORTS on my Desktop, inside are shortcut icons for many programs i use often. I still have not been able to find a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wingman1800, Jul 3, 2018.

1. wingman1800 Win User

I have a folder named SHORTS on my Desktop, inside are shortcut icons for many programs i use often. I still have not been able to find a way to arrange in the order i want. If i move anything they just revert back to previous order. Also if i have another folder in the SHORTS the assume a different order than the thumbnails. Yes i have tried numbering them etc. but still would like to move them around like i did in windows 7. Any suggestions? I have tried a few posted reg edits but in the end they all seem to say it will not work in current ver. of win 10 ??

:)

wingman1800, Jul 3, 2018
  2. Bruce Hagen Win User
    Bruce Hagen, Jul 3, 2018
  3. JoanneFanizzo Win User
    Disabling auto arrange in Windows 10

My system just updated and now I can't arrange folders on my desk top as I need them. It will slow down my work considerably to have to hunt for folders.

Can anyone tell me how to disable auto arrange in the latest version of Windows? The view function has disappeared from favorites.

Please no links...just a simples step by step would be appreciated. Thank you. Joanne

JoanneFanizzo, Jul 3, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Enable or Disable Auto Arrange in Folders in Windows 10  

It sounds like you may have some other issue at hand. Step 5 in this tutorial will completely undo the changes made by the disable auto arrange .reg file, then resets folder views back to default.

Reverting back to a previous image would be the fastest and easiest way to sort whatever this issue is.

Brink, Jul 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable Auto arrange inside a folder - Similar Threads - Disable Auto arrange

2. How can I disable the auto sign in of the Xbox app on WIndows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable the auto sign in of the Xbox app on WIndows 10?: Is there a way to completely sign out of Xbox on Windows 10 so that retyping in a password is required to sign back in? I set up a child account for my son but our computer (we share it) is also saving MY Xbox account info so he can basically just switch to my Xbox account...
  3. How can I disable the auto sign in of the Xbox app on WIndows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I disable the auto sign in of the Xbox app on WIndows 10?: Is there a way to completely sign out of Xbox on Windows 10 so that retyping in a password is required to sign back in? I set up a child account for my son but our computer (we share it) is also saving MY Xbox account info so he can basically just switch to my Xbox account...
  4. How to Disable auto Shortcut Creation

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Disable auto Shortcut Creation: Windows is creating shortcuts on my desktop to removable drives. I deleted them several times but it keeps recreating this shortcuts. I looked a bit on google and have seen that some programs are able to create shortcuts to removable drives on your deskop automatically but I...
  5. disable mouse auto zoom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    disable mouse auto zoom: I have a iview ultima notebook and I need to know how to disable the mouse auto zoom function the device in the control panel reads as a keyboard not as a laptop keyboard combo so I cant go into my mouse settings that way to disable the auto zoom and I try just going into my...
  6. Can't disable auto-dimming from dark to bright background apparently

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't disable auto-dimming from dark to bright background apparently: Hi there, I would like to disable Auto dimming on my ASUS VivoBook S15 S510UQ, I tried to disable Adaptive Brightness from the Power Options and also switching off from Intel's graphic card control centre the Power Saving Technology thing but nothing changed. Right now I am...
  7. Disable Auto Arrange in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Auto Arrange in Windows Explorer: First off I used the forum search function and didn't fins any threads addressing this issue so I apologize in advance if this is a duplicated topic and I somehow missed it. I have disliked this "feature" since windows 7 and I see they still have not restored the ability...
  8. Any Way to Disable the Auto Arranging of Files for Specific Folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any Way to Disable the Auto Arranging of Files for Specific Folders?: Hey, Anybody happen to know how to disable Win 10 auto arranging files in a folder? You can obviously sort them in numerous way, but for certain folders I want to be able to manually rearrange my files (folders that contain music tracks). Apparently in WIn 8.1 you could...
  9. Enable or Disable Auto Arrange in Folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Auto Arrange in Folders in Windows 10: Thank you for this awesome work! Please look at the files that you uploaded for Disable_Auto_Arrange_in_File_Explorer-Details.bat and Disable_Auto_Arrange_in_File_Explorer-Icons.bat, they are the same and contain multiple reg programs. Which one will disable autoarrange, keep...
  10. disable auto arrange in Windows 10 Creators Update version 1703

in Windows 10 Support
    disable auto arrange in Windows 10 Creators Update version 1703: I am also also using latest Classic Shell..... I have tried all reg edits etc listed on this forum and all they do is enable "auto arrange" to show so I can ck or unck it but uncked it will not allow me to even move folders or icons which are inside another folder. Work...