Windows 10: Disable auto-arrange

Discus and support Disable auto-arrange in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why has Microsoft removed the option to turn off auto-arrange in Windows 10? Is there a fix?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by talisint, Jan 26, 2019.

1. talisint Win User

Disable auto-arrange

Why has Microsoft removed the option to turn off auto-arrange in Windows 10? Is there a fix?

:)

talisint, Jan 26, 2019

2. Disabling auto arrange in Windows 10

My system just updated and now I can't arrange folders on my desk top as I need them. It will slow down my work considerably to have to hunt for folders.

Can anyone tell me how to disable auto arrange in the latest version of Windows? The view function has disappeared from favorites.

Please no links...just a simples step by step would be appreciated. Thank you. Joanne

JoanneFanizzo, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Ugo Lopez Win User
    Ugo Lopez, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Chronia Win User

Disable auto-arrange

Disable Auto Arrange in Windows Explorer

Thanks for the info. The only problem with the first link is that is seems to only allow you to disable auto arrange of icons within certain views. I would like to disable it for all views. I also do not want to disable the snap to grid option, as this is actually useful. Since I am using it for pictures it does not make sense to be stuck in details view. Also since I am using it for pictures I usually need the thumbnails to be large or somewhere between large and extra large, so I need to be able to customize the icon size and still be able to disable the auto arrange. Any suggestions for that?

Chronia, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Disable auto-arrange

1. Disable auto-arrange - Similar Threads - Disable auto arrange

2. How to disable auto arrange?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable auto arrange?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mergisi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/loj3a9/how_to_disable_auto_arrange/
  3. The "Auto arrange icons" function is disabled at every...

in Windows 10 Support
    The "Auto arrange icons" function is disabled at every...: Hello, The "Auto arrange icons" function is disabled at every reboot or "Explorer" restart. I use "CCleaner" regularly but I don't see an option that might cause that issue. [img] Windows 10 Pro X64, Version 2004 Build 19041.388 162149
  4. How To Disable Sorting And Auto Arrange In Folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How To Disable Sorting And Auto Arrange In Folders: I find this excruciatingly frustrating as a UX perspective. I want to sort the items in my folder the way I want them. Not by date, not by name, not some group by, etc. I like it the way it is in my desktop. I have it ordered manually the way I like it, why can't I do the...
  5. Disabling auto arrange in folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling auto arrange in folders: When is Microsoft going to let its users disable auto arrange in folders? I am not talking about the desktop here. All my files etc. that are in Folders are being aligned automatically and I want to move them around freely wherever I want. I could do this in Windows XP...
  6. Disable Auto arrange inside a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Auto arrange inside a folder: I have a folder named SHORTS on my Desktop, inside are shortcut icons for many programs i use often. I still have not been able to find a way to arrange in the order i want. If i move anything they just revert back to previous order. Also if i have another folder in the...
  7. Disable Auto Arrange in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Auto Arrange in Windows Explorer: First off I used the forum search function and didn't fins any threads addressing this issue so I apologize in advance if this is a duplicated topic and I somehow missed it. I have disliked this "feature" since windows 7 and I see they still have not restored the ability...
  8. Auto Arrange

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto Arrange: Anybody find a fix to disable auto arrange for items in a folder??? This is after the CU update??? 86428
  9. auto arrange

in Windows 10 Support
    auto arrange: Has anybody figured out how to put files inside a folder, in the order you want them instead of Win 10 putting them in the order it wants?? This is after CU..... thanks tom 88107
  10. auto arrange

in Windows 10 Support
    auto arrange: I just downloaded bat file to stop auto arrange and now my screen is blank! WTH? I was trying to arrange a manuscript to send to editor. 25424