Windows 10: Disable blur on lock screen when opening a Windows session (1903 update)

Discus and support Disable blur on lock screen when opening a Windows session (1903 update) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, 1903 Update introduces lock screen blurring when connecting to a Windows session. Problem I have is that prevents the user from appreciating the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Shenmue is life, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Disable blur on lock screen when opening a Windows session (1903 update)

Hi,

1903 Update introduces lock screen blurring when connecting to a Windows session. Problem I have is that prevents the user from appreciating the wallpaper I set specially for the lock screen as opening a Windows session can be quite long. I suggest there should be a setting that allow us to disable the blur.

Thanks for your time.

:)

Shenmue is life, Jun 9, 2019

2. Windows 10 version 1903 Welcome screen

I made the change to the registry that was suggested and that did get rid of the blur on the welcome screen. However, If I look at the lock screen picture under personalize settings, the picture there is blurred and can't be changed. I just updated my windows
    home to 1903 on a Lenovo x1 carbon laptop.

GeorgeBenthien, Jun 9, 2019
  3. Lock Screen picture can't be changed after 1903 update

At first after the 1903 update the sign on screen was blurry, but I found a registry change at

https://winaero.com/blog/disable-blur-login-screen-windows-10-group-policy/

that fixed that. However, if I go to the lock screen settings, the picture there is blurry and the picture for the lock screen can't be changed. There is a message at the top that says "some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization."
    Is this a new feature or is something wrong?

I am using Windows 10 Home on a Lenovo x1 carbon laptop.

GeorgeBenthien, Jun 9, 2019
  4. smalltown Win User

Disable blur on lock screen when opening a Windows session (1903 update)

How to get the Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

Thanks I just followed that link, and disabled that feature. Maybe my imagination, but it seems to pause before opening the normal lock screen now. When I first booted into the 1903, and the lock screen blurred in front of me I thought "oh boy here we go".

Small thing compared to troubles that others are experiencing, I cannot change my lock screen photo. That option is grayed out.

smalltown, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

Disable blur on lock screen when opening a Windows session (1903 update)

1. Disable blur on lock screen when opening a Windows session (1903 update) - Similar Threads - Disable blur lock

2. Remote Session - Do not lock screen?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remote Session - Do not lock screen?: Hello! Here's the problem we have: We have a monitor hanging in the entrance area with information in a PowerPoint. The corresponding PC is well locked away. To update this information, Person X switches to the PC with the local user via Remote Session (Windows Remote...
  3. Lock Screen Blurred when signing in.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Blurred when signing in.: This has happened since update of Windows 10 back in October 2019. I don't like it would like a clear picture. Can this be corrected ? I am sure I am not the only one that does not find it acceptable. Await an answer....
  4. Update 1903 - Slow loading session

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 1903 - Slow loading session: Hello ! I have a problem with the 1903 update. When my profile loads, it puts a lot of time (1 min +/-). Before It was 3-4 seconds (I have an SSD). I tried to go back to the previous version of Windows and there is no problem. My profile loads directly. I reinstalled 1903...
  5. Blurring of lock screen in Windows 10 Pro

Blurring of lock screen in Windows 10 Pro: Since a recent update (I am now at 10.0.18362), the background of the lock screen is blurred as soon as I press a key. I preferred the old way without blurring; is it possible to go back and if so, how? I didn't see anything under "Personalization"....
  6. Lock screen backgound photo blurred

Lock screen backgound photo blurred: Since installing 1903 my lock screen photos have all been displayed blurred https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-backgound-photo-blurred/be7c4fe2-39f6-4aad-a74a-3d1b0cc9da41
  7. Lock screen picture blurs...

Lock screen picture blurs...: After one of the recent updates the picture on my lock screen blurs heavily once the sign in has been accepted and before the desktop appears. I dislike it; I like to see the picture I chose not a blurred mess. Can this behaviour be changed? 136768
  8. Lock screen picture blurs...

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen picture blurs...: After one of the recent updates the picture on my lock screen blurs heavily once the sign in has been accepted and before the desktop appears. I dislike it; I like to see the picture I chose not a blurred mess. Can this behaviour be changed? 136768
  9. Lock screen image is blurred

Lock screen image is blurred: I've noticed an unwanted change on the lock screen since updating to 1903, this is on both my desktop (Home) and laptop (Pro) while the sign on box is up, the lock screen image is blurred to the point of being unrecognizable. The desktop is set to sign on automatically so...
  10. Lock screen image is blurred

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen image is blurred: I've noticed an unwanted change on the lock screen since updating to 1903, this is on both my desktop (Home) and laptop (Pro) while the sign on box is up, the lock screen image is blurred to the point of being unrecognizable. The desktop is set to sign on automatically so...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. w10 login page blurry

2. windows 10 lock screen blurry after update

3. remove lock screen blur

4. 1903 update blur