Windows 10: Disable Edge AutoStart with SignIn

Discus and support Disable Edge AutoStart with SignIn in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Greetings, After receiving updates now Edge initializes every time I sign in. Is there a way to disable this from happening? Thanks in advance!... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by tma, Apr 17, 2017.

1. TMA
    tma Win User

Disable Edge AutoStart with SignIn

Greetings,

After receiving updates now Edge initializes every time I sign in. Is there a way to disable this from happening?

Thanks in advance!

:)

2. E52 Autostart Applications

Hi,

I installed fring on E52 and everytime i restart the phone, the fring
    application tries to start up and connect to internet, how do i find out the list of autostart programs and services and how to disable their autostart feature?

Thanks,

ham33d---01, Apr 17, 2017
  3. bhoven Win User
    Nokia E66 & Fring

I think it was on auto start. Re-install it then disable the autostart in settings. That should solve your problem.

bhoven, Apr 17, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 17, 2017
  5. TMA
    tma Win User
    Greetings Brink,

Thank you for your reply and welcome!

No, Edge launches with a Bing search result that points to a White Sands National Park. My default search engine is FireFox. Strangely if I start Edge from the task bar it comes up differently. It seems as if it is promotion driven for White Sands.

I ran Malaware Bytes to no avail.

This seemed to start happening after my last MS update.

Thanks again!

6. mrgeek Win User
    "Edge launches with a Bing search result that points to a White Sands National Park. My default search engine is FireFox. "

Your default BROWSER may be Firefox but you select the default SEARCH Engine from within the browser. That Bing Search start page for Edge happens when you installed something, like Skype update, and did not in-check the make Bing my search engine box or make Edge my default browser or accept MS recommended defaults.

First, reset, if needed, your default browser. Open Action Center\ All settings\ Default apps and check what is your default browser. If not Firefox, r-click and make it so. Next, in Firefox, in the search box to L, there's a drop down menu arrow. Click it and choose your preferred Search provider there. Lastly, open Edge from taskbar, click the menu (3 lines upper R corner) then Settings at bottom. Check that "Open Microsoft Edge with" is the page you want it to start on. Done.

mrgeek, Apr 18, 2017
  7. TMA
    tma Win User
    Greetings Mr.Geek,

Thanks for your response! I went through your recommended procedure and confirmed FireFox remains as my default browser and confirmed my desired search engine.

But my problem is that Edge is popping up every time I click the SIGH-IN widget that appears after my computer monitor wakes up. How do I prevent Edge from launching when I simply click to log back in to Windows 10? I do not wish to have a browser pop up for no reason when I click on the sign in widget.

Thanks,

Thema:

1. Disable Edge AutoStart with SignIn - Similar Threads - Disable Edge AutoStart

2. How disable autostart Teams?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How disable autostart Teams?: New PC w/ Windows 11 Pro 22H2. One admin login and one limited user. Only local accounts, but some Microsoft apps are signed in to a consumer live.com account. On each new login, both a New Teams and an old Teams launch. I don't want them to launch. All guidance I've found is...
  3. How disable autostart Teams?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How disable autostart Teams?: New PC w/ Windows 11 Pro 22H2. One admin login and one limited user. Only local accounts, but some Microsoft apps are signed in to a consumer live.com account. On each new login, both a New Teams and an old Teams launch. I don't want them to launch. All guidance I've found is...
  4. Can not signin and sync in latest version of Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not signin and sync in latest version of Edge: Edge version: 115.0.1866.1 devWindows 101. I can sign in with either mircosoft 365 or Azure website.2. Can not signin within Edge, error code: Correlation Id: a57fe47d-36de-41ef-9cc1-acf697ce1631 Timestamp: 2023-05-27T13:26:56.000Z DPTI:...
  5. Can not signin and sync in latest version of Edge

Can not signin and sync in latest version of Edge: Edge version: 115.0.1866.1 devWindows 101. I can sign in with either mircosoft 365 or Azure website.2. Can not signin within Edge, error code: Correlation Id: a57fe47d-36de-41ef-9cc1-acf697ce1631 Timestamp: 2023-05-27T13:26:56.000Z DPTI:...
  6. Can not signin and sync in latest version of Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Autostart of Edge at start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autostart of Edge at start up: I've followed the instructions to make sure that Edge is not started when I start my computer in the morning.Despite "Automatically save my restartable apps when I sign out and restart them when I sign in." is Off. In fact, it has always been set to "Off", and it's extremely...
  8. Autostart of Edge at start up

Autostart of Edge at start up: I've followed the instructions to make sure that Edge is not started when I start my computer in the morning.Despite "Automatically save my restartable apps when I sign out and restart them when I sign in." is Off. In fact, it has always been set to "Off", and it's extremely...
  9. Way to disable autostart app on remote PCs?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Way to disable autostart app on remote PCs?: I can't believe in about 30 years of IT work I have not had to do this before. The company is concerned about the change in Oracles policy for Java, they want to avoid paying a license for thousands of PCs worldwide if they can. They want to make sure that every PC has the...
  10. stop signin disable

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    stop signin disable: stop signin disable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-signin-disable/399c621b-4271-4e9e-b807-4e6466e97459

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 edge autostarts

2. disable edge auto start

3. disabe edge auto sign-in

4. edge autostarts with advertisement,
  5. Windows 10: Disable Edge AutoStart with SignIn