Windows 10: Turn On or Off Windows Welcome Experience in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Windows Welcome Experience in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Windows Welcome Experience in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off the Windows Welcome Experience in Windows 10 Starting with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by SmileyPK, May 20, 2017.

1. SmileyPK Win User

Turn On or Off Windows Welcome Experience in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Windows Welcome Experience in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off the Windows Welcome Experience in Windows 10

Starting with Windows 10 build 15002, a new "Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what's new and suggested" setting was added to the Notifications & actions page in Settings.

The first Windows welcome experience showed after updating to Windows 10 build 15014.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off showing the Windows welcome experience for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off the Windows Welcome Experience in Settings
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off the Windows Welcome Experience using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Windows welcome experience

Turn On or Off Windows Welcome Experience in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off the Windows Welcome Experience in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on Notifications & actions on the left side. (see screenshot below)

3. Turn on (default) or off Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what's new and suggested under Notifications on the right side for what you want.

4. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

Turn On or Off Windows Welcome Experience in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off the Windows Welcome Experience using a REG file
    *note This option is only valid starting with Windows 10 build 15031.

The .reg files below will add and change the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager

SubscribedContent-310093Enabled DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Windows Welcome Experience
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_Windows_welcome_experience.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Windows Welcome Experience
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_Windows_welcome_experience.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

SmileyPK, May 20, 2017
  2. JoeNamco Win User

What is Windows People Experience Host?

on the Privacy Settings turn-off access of the "Windows People Experience Host" to various devices and functions, on the Privacy Settings turn-off access of the "Windows
    People Experience Host" to various devices and functions, on the Privacy Settings turn-off access of the "Windows People Experience Host" to various devices and functions, on
    the Privacy Settings turn-off access of the "Windows People Experience Host" to various devices and functions,

Suggest that you do a search using Bing or Google for more info.

JoeNamco, May 20, 2017
  3. Andre Da Costa, May 20, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Interesting. It appears to have changed since the tutorial was first posted. It's that way for me now in build 16199. What build do you currently have installed?

Tutorial updated. *Smile

Brink, May 20, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    After a lot of testing in VMs, I can confirm that this was changed to using the SubscribedContent-310093Enabled DWORD starting with build 15031.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Windows Welcome Experience in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Welcome

2. "Welcome to Windows" screen will show up even when welcome experience and tips are unchecked

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "Welcome to Windows" screen will show up even when welcome experience and tips are unchecked: Hello, on at least two 1903 Win10 Pro machines I saw the "Welcome to Windows" screen. But the mentioned checkboxes were already unchecked! ... [ATTACH] What is the deal here, how to stop those screens, which block the startup, one and for all ?? Thanks Alexander...
  3. Turn OFF windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn OFF windows 10 updates: Hi, I have a 14gb windows tablet and as soon as I install a fresh copy of windows, I have 6-8gb free on my install drive. Later on, as soon as I connect to the internet, it all gets filled up and my tablet starts to lag. I don't really know where the updates are...
  4. Use the power button to turn off the computer at Welcome screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Use the power button to turn off the computer at Welcome screen: How do I configure my computer so that if I push the power button when the computer is on the Welcome screen but nobody has logged in, the computer will shut down? If I am logged in, pressing the power button will shut down the computer, but not if nobody has logged into the...
  5. Turning off Windows 10 screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning off Windows 10 screen: I listen to a lot of audio files and audio programs on my Windows 10 computer. However, there is no known function to just turn off the display screen. If I let the computer go to sleep, I lose my audio. Is there a shortcut or Key sequence I can program this function into my...
  6. turn off shared experiences pop up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    turn off shared experiences pop up: turn off shared experience pop up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/turn-off-shared-experiences-pop-up/bf30eb2c-4aae-49f9-a637-75036cf03f8b
  7. Turn On or Off Retail Demo Experience Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Retail Demo Experience Mode in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Retail Demo Experience Mode in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Retail Demo Experience Mode in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 includes a retail demo experience mode meant for retail use. It allows PCs on display at retail stores to go...
  8. Turn On or Off Tailored experiences with diagnostic data in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Tailored experiences with diagnostic data in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Tailored experiences with diagnostic data in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Tailored experiences with diagnostic data in Windows 10 Starting with diagnostic data" has been added. This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off tailored...
  9. Turn On or Off Microsoft Edge Welcome Page in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Microsoft Edge Welcome Page in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Microsoft Edge Welcome Page in Windows 10 How To Turn On or Off Microsoft Edge Welcome Page in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10...
  10. The Windows 10 Experience

in Windows 10 News
    The Windows 10 Experience: aKxkTWa9Hd8 Windows 10 Launch | Windows Blog Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise for your business 9150