Windows 10: Disable or Enable Domain Users Sign in using Biometrics on Windows 10

Discus and support Disable or Enable Domain Users Sign in using Biometrics on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Windows 10 supports the use of Biometrics. It already supports PIN, Password and Picture Password on all computers, but given the proper... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 11, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Disable or Enable Domain Users Sign in using Biometrics on Windows 10

WinClub, Oct 11, 2018
  2. CPinnegar Win User

How do I re-enable PIN + Fingerprint sign-in for domain PCs?

A previous GPO tech set these to be disabled by default and I can't figure out how to re-enable. The options stay greyed out no matter what I try. I don't want to remove the settings to disable from the default policy so I have created an additional GPO for certain PCs to have it enabled and I'm just trying to find all of the settings to get this working again for the approved users.

This is what I have set currently...
    In Computer -> Policies -> Admin Templates:
    System/Logon -> Turn on PIN sign-in = Enabled
    Windows Components/Biometrics -> Allow domain users to log on using biometrics = Enabled
    Windows Components/Biometrics -> Allow users to log on using biometrics = Enabled
    Windows Components/Biometrics -> Allow the use of biometrics = Enabled
    Windows Components/Microsoft Passport for Work -> Use biometrics = Enabled
    Windows Components/Microsoft Passport for Work -> Use Microsoft Passport for Work = Enabled

Any suggestions are most welcome Disable or Enable Domain Users Sign in using Biometrics on Windows 10 :)

Thanks

CPinnegar, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Disable or Enable Domain Users Sign in using Biometrics on Windows 10

Cant enable windows hello with fresh install of anniversity upgrade on domain account

Hello,

as the title said.

it was working fine with earlier version of windows 10, but with the new upgrade its not possible.

local account working fine.

what i tested:

copied new admx from the win 10 anniversitey upgrade install to gpo policy store.

enabled the following gpos for my computer + user account:

Policy
    Setting
    Comment

Allow users to select when a password is required when resuming from connected standby
    Disabled

Show first sign-in animation
    Disabled

Turn off picture password sign-in
    Enabled

Turn on convenience PIN sign-in
    Enabled

Windows Components/Biometricshide

Policy
    Setting
    Comment

Allow domain users to log on using biometrics
    Enabled

Allow the use of biometrics
    Enabled

Allow users to log on using biometrics
    Enabled

Windows Components/Windows Hello for Businesshide

Policy
    Setting
    Comment

Use a hardware security device
    Enabled

Use biometrics
    Enabled

Use Windows Hello for Business
    Enabled

but still, its like the gpo doesn1T even applied, picture login enabled, rest is disabled.

I'm missing something ? or there is an issue with the admx file ?

Thanks

Akos TOTH_LBH, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Disable or Enable Domain Users Sign in using Biometrics on Windows 10

1. Disable or Enable Domain Users Sign in using Biometrics on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Disable Enable Domain

2. Enable Show Local Users on Sign-in Screen on Domain Joined Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable Show Local Users on Sign-in Screen on Domain Joined Windows 10: How to: Enable Show Local Users on Sign-in Screen on Domain Joined Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Show Local Users on Sign-in Screen on Domain Joined Windows 10 PC A network based on a Domain provides centralized administration of the entire network from a single...
  3. Windows 10 Domain Joined - How to disable pin sign on.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Domain Joined - How to disable pin sign on.: Having trouble disabling pin sign on for our domain joined machines. it just doesn't seem to work, I have tried using the registry tweak and GPO policy. Can someone help please?*Confused*Confused Firaz 53995
  4. Enable or Disable Windows Hello Biometrics in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Windows Hello Biometrics in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Windows Hello Biometrics in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Windows Hello Biometrics in Windows 10 Windows Hello biometrics lets you sign in to your devices, apps, online services, and networks using your fingerprint. For more...
  5. Enable or Disable Users to Sign in to Windows 10 using Biometrics

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Users to Sign in to Windows 10 using Biometrics: How to: Enable or Disable Users to Sign in to Windows 10 using Biometrics How to Enable or Disable Users to Sign in to Windows 10 using Biometrics Windows Hello biometrics lets you sign in to your devices, apps, online services, and networks using your fingerprint....
  6. Enable or Disable Domain Users Sign in to Windows 10 using Biometrics

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Domain Users Sign in to Windows 10 using Biometrics: How to: Enable or Disable Domain Users Sign in to Windows 10 using Biometrics How to Enable or Disable Domain Users to Sign in to Windows 10 using Biometrics Windows Hello biometrics lets you sign in to your devices, apps, online services, and networks using your...
  7. Enable or Disable Sign in to Windows 10 using Companion Device

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Sign in to Windows 10 using Companion Device: How to: Enable or Disable Sign in to Windows 10 using Companion Device How to Enable or Disable Users to use Companion Device to Sign in to Windows 10 Users can use a sign in to a desktop computer running Windows 10. The companion device provides a second factor of...
  8. Disable Domain Users to Sign in with Picture Password to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Disable Domain Users to Sign in with Picture Password to Windows 10: How to: Disable Domain Users to Sign in with Picture Password to Windows 10 [img] Information If you like, you can sign in to your account on a Windows 10 PC using a picture password. You choose the picture and the three gestures you use with it to create a password...
  9. Enable or Disable Domain Users to Sign in with PIN to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Domain Users to Sign in with PIN to Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Domain Users to Sign in with PIN to Windows 10 [img] Information Windows Hello in Windows 10 enables users to sign in to their device using a PIN (Personal Identification Number). You can use this PIN to sign in to Windows, apps, and services....
  10. Enable or Disable Console Mode Sign-in in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Console Mode Sign-in in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Console Mode Sign-in in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Console Mode Sign-in in Windows 10 Windows 10 comes with a hidden console mode that can be used to replace the default lock, sign-in, welcome, and shutdown graphical UI screens with a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to enable or disable domain users to sign in to windows 10 using biometrics

2. windows hello face recognition greyed out