Windows 10: Disable real-time protection.

Discus and support Disable real-time protection. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've only had Windows 10 for a few days and it's already annoyed me more than XP and Vista ever have combined. Right now my problem is the damn thing... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MaxTanner, Aug 18, 2015.

1. MaxTanner Win User

Disable real-time protection.

I've only had Windows 10 for a few days and it's already annoyed me more than XP and Vista ever have combined. Right now my problem is the damn thing keeps enabling real-time protection for no apparent reason. I'm confused, was this software developed by primates by any chance? Humans? Then what part of "TURN OFF" don't they understand?

How can I get back control over my computer from this POS operating system? Is that possible? 'Cause if it's not, f*** this. I'm so fed up with Microsoft and their bullshit. I'm not even going back to Windows 8, I'm switching to Linux. I don't give a damn if I won't be able to use most of my programs, beats having to deal with this piece of crap.

:)

MaxTanner, Aug 18, 2015

2. windows defender

in settings the windows defender real-time protection is ON but when i open windows defender it is show that the real-time protection is disabled. so i just wanna know that how can i enable real-time protection.

RohitDhakar, Aug 18, 2015
  3. RyanSisk Win User
    Windows Defender "Real Time Protection" will not disable

I cannot disable "Real Time Protection" in windows defender on Win 10 Creator Edition.

I have a 3rd party security software suite from ESET with real time protection so I want to disable the one in Defender. I try and click the slider to "Off" but it immediately bounces back without ever going to off and remains in the "On" position. I have
    disabled the antivirus software of windows defender in the registry but the real time defender toggle does not budge.

Anyone else have this issue or know of a solution?

RyanSisk, Aug 18, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User
    Why do you need to turn it off? Have something else protecting your system as would disable to begin with ? Not even mention of Defender in thread starters post, assume it is.

jds63, Aug 18, 2015
  5. altae Win User
    Maybe the op is struggling with some install that's blocked by Windows Defender? Or he/ she just wants to disable it. Even though it's not very wise to run Windows without real time virus protection it's completely the users choice if one wants to do that.

altae, Aug 18, 2015
  6. MaxTanner Win User
    Not according to Microsoft apparently.

MaxTanner, Aug 18, 2015
  7. MaxTanner Win User

MaxTanner, Aug 18, 2015
  8. Good to know, I have never actually tried that one. *Redface
    Turn off WD, download this, run as admin and that is it.

TairikuOkami, Aug 18, 2015
  9. MaxTanner Win User
    Thanks.

MaxTanner, Aug 18, 2015
  10. MaxTanner Win User
    Yeah that didn't work either. I'm done, I'm freaking done. Can't believe they are legally permitted to sell this crap...

MaxTanner, Aug 18, 2015
  11. Technically they're not selling anything. It must be your installation, I turned Windows Defender off day 1 and it's never re-enabled. So I know it's not a "Windows 10 thing"

shadow2201, Aug 18, 2015
  12. MaxTanner Win User

Yeah it's always my fault. Well since you seem so sure of that, tell me, what did I do wrong?

MaxTanner, Aug 18, 2015
  13. I'm not saying it's your fault, I'm just telling you, I've turned Windows Defender off and it's never re-enabled. I have no idea what you could or could not be doing wrong, I just know that it worked for me, so either I'm doing something right, and it's not a Windows 10 thing that it keeps re-enabling, or my Windows Install is broken and it should be re-enabling. I was just trying to add to the information that I don't believe it's a Windows 10 thing, just maybe something going on with your system.

shadow2201, Aug 18, 2015
  14. altae Win User
    altae, Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

1. Disable real-time protection. - Similar Threads - Disable real protection

2. Need a real option to disable real time protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need a real option to disable real time protection: Hello,Windows defender, specifically real time protection, is making simple tasks that would take 5 minutes for my PC to process take .75 to 1.5 hours. Counting the time I have spent trying to disable the feature and time lost between my programsAdobe InDesign, Microsoft...
  3. Need a real option to disable real time protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need a real option to disable real time protection: Hello,Windows defender, specifically real time protection, is making simple tasks that would take 5 minutes for my PC to process take .75 to 1.5 hours. Counting the time I have spent trying to disable the feature and time lost between my programsAdobe InDesign, Microsoft...
  4. Need a real option to disable real time protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Real Time Protection not getting disabled

Real Time Protection not getting disabled: Hi Team,I have a new computer having Win 10 Home single language, and the problem I am facing as I am unable to disable real time protection on my laptop. Whenever I was trying to click the off button its bounce back to on. Can anyone help me how to resolve this...
  6. Real-time protection disabled

Real-time protection disabled: Split from this thread. I was used a nice window 10 defender. but right now it disabled the real time protection as below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/real-time-protection-disabled/f0398bc1-7190-4a49-8e38-39842af00a91
  7. Selectively disable Real Time Protection?

Selectively disable Real Time Protection?: Dear all, I pray you're all well. I apologise if this specific question has been asked before, but I've not been able to find it. I'm trying to do some development work on my Windows 10 machine using Eclipse. During the normal course of development I'm frequently...
  8. Real Time protection disabled

Real Time protection disabled: Real Time protection disabled and cannot be enable from Defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/real-time-protection-disabled/4f7aa9c1-eb51-492b-8531-a008a84d523a
  9. Why Real-time protection is disabled?

Why Real-time protection is disabled?: Although I enabled Real-time protection in Update & Security setting, Windows Defender shows that Real-time protection is disabled. How can I enable real-time protection?...
  10. Disable the real-time protection of Windows Defender

Disable the real-time protection of Windows Defender: Hi In Windows 10 v1511, I noticed that if I disable the real-time protection of Windows Defender, when I reboot the system, this protection comes back on automatically. Why? So, how do I prevent this? Thanks Bye 33201

Users found this page by searching for:

1. this setting is managed by your administrator when i try to turn off realtime protection