Windows 10: Disable Recent/Frequent Items for Apps

Discus and support Disable Recent/Frequent Items for Apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I disable these frequent/recent items showing up for apps? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sai_krishna_98, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Disable Recent/Frequent Items for Apps

How do I disable these frequent/recent items showing up for apps?

Disable Recent/Frequent Items for Apps ef1f393c-522b-4b24-9bcd-eb7391eedd96?upload=true.png

:)

sai_krishna_98, Sep 7, 2019

2. Recent File List

that's all off already dude lol, I'm really surprised there is no fix for the recent files list/MRU in the file menu of programs haha

I appreciate the help, MS really needs to implement a Group Policy or a string that can do that for all programs installed

eidairaman1, Sep 7, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Sep 7, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Disable Recent/Frequent Items for Apps

Recently Opened Items Bugs on Taskbar

Hi, you might find this helpful:
    Reset and Clear Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

or
    Turn On or Off Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials
    from the Tutorial section
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index | Windows 10 Tutorials

dalchina, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

Disable Recent/Frequent Items for Apps

1. Disable Recent/Frequent Items for Apps - Similar Threads - Disable Recent Frequent

2. Set up Recent items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set up Recent items: Set up Recent items https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-recent-items/a61f5ef2-1ac7-4e19-a67e-bbd03ad8ea0e
  3. Windows Media Player Jumplist Only Shows 4 Frequent/Recent Items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player Jumplist Only Shows 4 Frequent/Recent Items: for those who dont know, the jumplist is the list of items that appear when you right click or drag up on an app in the taskbar i have the jumplist set to 12 items, but the jumplist for Media Player only shows 4 under the Frequent/Recent list, if i pin them it shows them...
  4. Recent Items List incomplete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recent Items List incomplete: The Recent Items list in Windows Explorer is often incomplete, only showing 15 or so items when I know there should be 50. The list is missing all items accessed prior to 2:42 PM. Nothing happened today, such as a Windows update, although I did shut down the PC and restart...
  5. Disabling recent items from search tab and windows explorer.

in Cortana
    Disabling recent items from search tab and windows explorer.: I had been using a USB and I just noticed that the files I accessed are still searchable in the search bar and windows explorer even after I removed the USB. How do I delete them?...
  6. What is the File Path for Recent Items for Apps on the Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is the File Path for Recent Items for Apps on the Taskbar?: Can anyone tell me the file location for recent items for specific apps on the taskbar? I want to delete them off the lists to reorganize it but it only lets me delete one at a time and that is very time consuming. I'm thinking if I can find the file I can delete all the...
  7. Recent items list not updating

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent items list not updating: I'm not sure what happened, possible one of Microsoft's updates. Since September 22, my recent items list has not updated but the last update is dated September 19th, 3 days earlier, so perhaps that's not it. Since I use it frequently to access files that I'm using often...
  8. Disable "Show recently added apps"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable "Show recently added apps": Hi, Strange, Settings > Personalization > Start :: I can disable "Show most used apps" and "Show recently opened apps" using this key: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced] "Start_TrackDocs"=dword:00000000...
  9. Reset and Clear Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset and Clear Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10: How to: Reset and Clear Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10 How to Reset and Clear Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10 Recent items is a list of the files that you have used or opened recently. These items are displayed as "Recent files" in Quick...
  10. Turn On or Off Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off 'Recent Items' and 'Frequent Places' in Jump Lists in Windows 10 Recent items is a list of the files that you have used or opened recently. These items are displayed as "Recent...