Windows 10: Disable the right swipe virtual desktop "feature" of windows 10

Discus and support Disable the right swipe virtual desktop "feature" of windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is the most annoying thing in windows 10. When I move my finger to the right on the trackpad, the current window shrinks and I see some virtual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mikezander, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Disable the right swipe virtual desktop "feature" of windows 10

This is the most annoying thing in windows 10. When I move my finger to the right on the trackpad, the current window shrinks and I see some virtual desktop. I want that to never happen again. How can I disable this??

Thanks!

:)

mikezander, Aug 27, 2018
  2. wagz0603 Win User

Windows 10 Disable Right-Swipe to Virtual Desktop

Like the title says, every time I swipe to the right with my mouse on the desktop, it opens up the virtual desktop mode, which is super annoying when playing a game and it pops you out of it. Is there any way to disable that swipe setting?

Apologies if this is a repeat question, everything I've seen about the subject relates to Surface or other touch screen devices, nothing on the desktop.

I have the latest updates to Windows 10.

Thank you.

wagz0603, Aug 27, 2018
  3. MelCM Win User
    Disable virtual desktops Windows 10

Is it possible to disable the virtual desktop feature? It's super annoying. I'll be working on a file and then move my mouse (touch pad) to the right and the virtual desktops pop up (multiple receded windows to then select from to make the active screen).
    I don't ever use the feature and just want to shut it off so it stops interfering with my work. I've seen some hit or miss suggestions with altering registry keys, but this seems like a basic user feature that should simply have an on/off switch. Help! I've
    been looking at forums to shut this off since my computer upgraded to Windows 10 and it started interrupting my work.

MelCM, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Disable the right swipe virtual desktop "feature" of windows 10

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

Disable the right swipe virtual desktop "feature" of windows 10

1. Disable the right swipe virtual desktop "feature" of windows 10 - Similar Threads - Disable right swipe

2. Disable/Uninstall Task View Virtual Desktop Feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable/Uninstall Task View Virtual Desktop Feature: I would like to disable Task View on the Taskbar AND render the hotkey combinaiton unusable. I have tried several registry edits that hide task view, however, the keystroke combination Windows Key + Control +D continue to function. Also, if there is a way to uninstall...
  3. Disable/Uninstall Task View Virtual Desktop Feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable/Uninstall Task View Virtual Desktop Feature: I would like to disable Task View on the Taskbar AND render the hotkey combinaiton unusable. I have tried several registry edits that hide task view, however, the keystroke combination Windows Key + Control +D continue to function. Also, if there is a way to uninstall...
  4. swipe feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    swipe feature: I have an Acer swift laptop running on windows 10 and need to disable the swipe feature on my mouse pad. I was kicked out of my last two online Uni exams for accidentally using this because I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm doing that activates it I have another...
  5. swipe feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    swipe feature: I have an Acer swift laptop running on windows 10 and need to disable the swipe feature on my mouse pad. I was kicked out of my last two online Uni exams for accidentally using this because I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm doing that activates it I have another...
  6. swipe feature

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Disabling edge swipe feature on the touchpad of a laptop running Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling edge swipe feature on the touchpad of a laptop running Windows 10 Home: I have a Windows 10 laptop and a Windows 10 tablet both running Home edition. While the edge swipe feature is quite useful on the tablet, it is a real pain on the laptop especially when it is connected to a large screen display. With only a fairly small area on the touchpad...
  8. Swiping/Shifting around Virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Swiping/Shifting around Virtual desktop: [ATTACH] Why swiping/shifting around virtual desktop also shifts the image of the main desktop screen. Shouldn't it only shift the front active windows? I think this is how it works in macOS....
  9. How do I disable swipe right for Task View?

How do I disable swipe right for Task View?: Half the time I move my mouse Task View pops up. I do not want to use Task View. Ever. It does nothing for me but waste my time. How do I disable it? I've tried disabling the group policy and editing the registry, yet it still happens:...
  10. 4 finger swipe (switch virtual desktops) causes glitches

4 finger swipe (switch virtual desktops) causes glitches: I'm working a laptop with touchpad that support Windows Precision Drivers, and I'm using the four fingers swipe a lot. But I noticed that when I start to swipe the bottom bar, which is normally semi-transparent and blurring the background image becomes just semi-transparent...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to disable virtual desktops with right swipe

2. windows 10 simplified edge swipe

3. edge windows 10 disable swipe left right touch screen