Windows 10: Enable or Disable Edge Swipe on Screen in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Edge Swipe on Screen in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Edge Swipe on Screen in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Screen Edge Swipe in Windows 10 [info]If you Windows 10 PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by djhnsn043, Mar 3, 2018.

1. djhnsn043 Win User

Enable or Disable Edge Swipe on Screen in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable Edge Swipe on Screen in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Screen Edge Swipe in Windows 10

[info]If you Windows 10 PC or device has a touchscreen, you could swipe in from a screen edge to invoke a system UI below.
    • Swipe in from the right side of your screen to open the action center.
    • Swipe in from the left to view all your open apps in task view.
    • Swipe in from the top to view a full screened app's title bar while tablet mode is on.
    • Swipe in from the bottom to view the taskbar in full-screened apps while taskbar is auto-hidden.
    This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable users from swiping in from the screen edge to invoke a system UI in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to enable or disable edge swipe.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Enable or Disable Screen Edge Swipe using Group Policy
    • Option Two: To Enable or Disable Screen Edge Swipe using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] To Enable or Disable Screen Edge Swipe using Group Policy

*note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Two below.

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Edge UI

Enable or Disable Edge Swipe on Screen in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. In the right pane of Edge UI in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Allow edge swipe policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable Screen Edge Swipe
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured[/B] is the default setting.

6. To Disable Screen Edge Swipe
    A) Select (dot) Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

Enable or Disable Edge Swipe on Screen in Windows 10 [​IMG]

7. When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

8. restart the computer to apply.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Enable or Disable Screen Edge Swipe using a REG file

*note The .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\EdgeUI

AllowEdgeSwipe DWORD

(delete) = Enable
    0 = Disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Screen Edge Swipe
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_Screen_Edge_Swipe.reg

Download

3. To Disable Screen Edge Swipe
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_Screen_Edge_Swipe.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. restart the computer to apply.

8. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

djhnsn043, Mar 3, 2018

2. How to disable swipe-from-right gesture for Notifications?

What about these steps?

Edge Swipe - Disable in Windows 10

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 3, 2018
  3. Joris_D13 Win User
    Joris_D13, Mar 3, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Mar 3, 2018
  5. djhnsn043 Win User
    Thanks, but unfortunately I don't have any of those mouse options on widows 10 with the Microsoft drivers, and adding the disable dword didn't stop it.

djhnsn043, Mar 3, 2018
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 4, 2018
  7. djhnsn043 Win User
    Nope. There has to be a way to disable this. I will keep looking, if I ever find out, I will post it here.

djhnsn043, Mar 4, 2018
  8. cereberus Win User

I am keeping my fingers crossed, but the disabling of Edge Swipe seems to have killed an annoying issue that was stopping me using Edge on my non touchscreen laptop.

Basically, when I was rapidly scrolling screens in Edge, using my mouse, the current web page would be randomly dismissed, in same way as swiping on a touchscreen. This made Edge pretty unusable, as I was forever dismissing pages. This was a shame as I find Edge much better to use on my laptop in terms of performance and better screen rendering than Chrome.

cereberus, Mar 4, 2018
  9. djhnsn043 Win User
    My problem is that when I swipe from left to right on my trackpad it alt+tabs every time. It's pretty horrible.

djhnsn043, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Edge Swipe on Screen in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Edge

2. disable edge swipe on bluetooth trackpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable edge swipe on bluetooth trackpad: I have a touchscreen tablet running Windows 10 Home 2004 build 19041.572. I have disabled touchscreen edge swipe with a registry key change: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\EdgeUI] "AllowEdgeSwipe"=dword:00000000 I have a basic Bluetooth keyboard...
  3. How to disable Screen Edge Swipe in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Screen Edge Swipe in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Screen Edge Swipe is a great feature that provides you better menu access and control in touch devices. But not every user finds it useful. […] This article How to disable Screen Edge Swipe in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Disabling edge swipe feature on the touchpad of a laptop running Windows 10 Home

Disabling edge swipe feature on the touchpad of a laptop running Windows 10 Home: I have a Windows 10 laptop and a Windows 10 tablet both running Home edition. While the edge swipe feature is quite useful on the tablet, it is a real pain on the laptop especially when it is connected to a large screen display. With only a fairly small area on the touchpad...
  5. How to turn off the touch screen edge swipe?

How to turn off the touch screen edge swipe?: Hello, I have a surface pro 7 and for the life of me I cant find how to turn off the incredibly disruptive touch screen edge swipe. Im trying to hold my tablet and it just starts swiping left and right because the sensitivity is too high. How to I turn off the edge swipe?...
  6. How can I disable the edge swipe to task viewer?

How can I disable the edge swipe to task viewer?: I have Asus smart gesture for windows 10. It is working but now if I swipe from the left edge it always opens task viewer. I'm left handed and this is annoying. How can I turn off this feature? It's not listed in the ASUS smart gesture swipe features....
  7. Enable or Disable Autofill in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Autofill in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Autofill in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Autofill in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster,...
  8. Enable or Disable Printing in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Printing in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Printing in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Printing in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster,...
  9. Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Full Screen Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Full Screen Mode in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Full Screen Mode in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Full Screen Mode in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...
  10. Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10 [img] Information The lock screen is the screen you see when you lock your PC (or when it locks automatically after you haven't been using it for a while). The lock screen will also show at startup, and when you are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enable edge swipes windows 10

2. disable edge swipe windows 10

3. how to enable swipe on my asus screen

4. edge swipe,
  5. enable edge swipes option windows 10,
  6. enable edge swipe,
  7. edge swipe windows 10,
  8. how to enable left swipe on windows 10 screen,
  9. disable edge swiping in windows 10,
  10. how to enable edge swipe,
  11. Enable Edge Swipes option,