Windows 10: Disable the side volume button on my laptop

Discus and support Disable the side volume button on my laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Dell 2 in 1 Laptop, in which the model have a side volume button which I'd like to disable as I don't use and its' wrecked as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rundwadi, Oct 13, 2019.

1. rundwadi Win User

Disable the side volume button on my laptop

Hello,

I have a Dell 2 in 1 Laptop, in which the model have a side volume button which I'd like to disable as I don't use and its' wrecked as the volume up button is alway slong pressed by mistake!

I have researched the pronled yet with no answers.

I'd still like the volume up and down functionlaity to still work from the keyboard lets' say, yet I'd like only to diable the side button.

:)

rundwadi, Oct 13, 2019

2. Disable volume button?

My HTC 8x has water damage, and the biggest problem is that the volume up button is stuck, meaning I can't listen to music or have the ringer on without breaking my eardrums. I'm wondering if there is a way to just disable the volume button and adjust
    the volume with the touchscreen somehow? Or does anyone have any other suggestions?

StephanieMW, Oct 13, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Disable the side volume button on my laptop :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Oct 13, 2019
  4. davidhk Win User

VOLUME and NETWORK buttons in taskbar do nothing when clicked

I had the same problem with my Volume icon at system tray. The following tutorial will fix it.

Enable or Disable System Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10

Use Option One :
    Start with step #3 and 4 > click the Download buttons > continue to step #7 through 11.
    Restart computer afterwards, just to make sure.

davidhk, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Disable the side volume button on my laptop - Similar Threads - Disable side volume

2. disable by software headphones volume control buttons/pause button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable by software headphones volume control buttons/pause button: for some reason, my headphone plug on my computer its the one that is both microphone and sound output seems to have this problem, where the button for lowering the sound volume is activated for some reasoni had this problem with multiple different headphones and earphones,...
  3. disable by software headphones volume control buttons/pause button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable by software headphones volume control buttons/pause button: for some reason, my headphone plug on my computer its the one that is both microphone and sound output seems to have this problem, where the button for lowering the sound volume is activated for some reasoni had this problem with multiple different headphones and earphones,...
  4. disable by software headphones volume control buttons/pause button

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My volume button is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My volume button is not working: Hello, my volume button is not working when i click the volume with the plus sign it shows up a search box thingy in chrome and when i click the volume with the minus sign it does nothing when i click the no volume sign it shows up the chrome help center how could i fix this?...
  6. My volume button is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    My volume button is not working: Hello, my volume button is not working when i click the volume with the plus sign it shows up a search box thingy in chrome and when i click the volume with the minus sign it does nothing when i click the no volume sign it shows up the chrome help center how could i fix this?...
  7. Mouse Side-Buttons

Mouse Side-Buttons: My mouse's side button which normally works as a "back" function instead opens windows office. the button's execution is to "Ctrl Alt Shirt RWin" I have no clue what that means, and not work as a normal "back" function. How to make it go back to being a normal button like it...
  8. Disable side buttons on mouse

Disable side buttons on mouse: Hello, I have a problem with my gaming mouse from SPACER model SP-GM-02. The model comes with side buttons which I want to disable. When pressed while browsing, these buttons go forward or back. This is really annoying because I keep pressing them on accident. How do I...
  9. Microsoft sculpt mouse - button on the side of windows blue button - how to disable

Microsoft sculpt mouse - button on the side of windows blue button - how to disable: The Blue Button prompts the windows start up menu. The button to the left of that and on the side takes you back one screen. I accidentally click this side button with my thumb so many times. I don't need to disable the windows blue button BUT I DO NEED TO disable the...
  10. volume button on side of screen not alowing me to turn up or down volume

volume button on side of screen not alowing me to turn up or down volume: How do you unlock the volume button on the side of my screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-button-on-side-of-screen-not-alowing-me-to/b92e7011-0fa6-433a-a976-f801f972a5ff

Users found this page by searching for:

1. whow to disable volume buttons on a windows surface

2. how to disable volume button laptop asus

3. laptop volume button stuck

4. windows laptop side buttons,
  5. dell laptop disable volume buttons,
  6. dell disable hardware volume buttons,
  7. disable volume button on dell laptop,
  8. disable side volume button hp envy 360 laptop