Windows 10: Disable Web Search in File Explorer Address Bar Windows 10

Discus and support Disable Web Search in File Explorer Address Bar Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does anybody know how to disable the web search capability of file explorer? Sometimes when I mistype something into the address bar of File Explorer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JohnTravolski, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Disable Web Search in File Explorer Address Bar Windows 10

Does anybody know how to disable the web search capability of file explorer? Sometimes when I mistype something into the address bar of File Explorer, it will take whatever I typed in and search the term for bing (assuming whatever I typed isn't a path or a program).

Does anybody know how to disable this feature entirely, preferably through the registry?

:)

JohnTravolski, Aug 5, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 5, 2018
  3. Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      Disable Web Search in File Explorer Address Bar Windows 10 a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Aug 5, 2018
  4. Disable Web Search in File Explorer Address Bar Windows 10

windows8thumba, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

Disable Web Search in File Explorer Address Bar Windows 10

1. Disable Web Search in File Explorer Address Bar Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Disable Web Search

2. Windows 10 File Explorer Search Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 File Explorer Search Bar: Greetings.File explorer changed on me yesterday and I can't change it back. Before yesterday if I opened file explorer and typed in the search bar I could see a long list of previous searches that has a little x at the end of them so I could delete them with a mouse click....
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer Search Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 File Explorer Search Bar: Greetings.File explorer changed on me yesterday and I can't change it back. Before yesterday if I opened file explorer and typed in the search bar I could see a long list of previous searches that has a little x at the end of them so I could delete them with a mouse click....
  4. Search files progression bar on address bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search files progression bar on address bar: on windows 7 / windows 10 when you done a search in file explorer as it searched a green bar moved across the address bar - i liked this . In windows 11 all you get is the spinning circle on the top left . does anyone know how I can changed it back to the bar going across the...
  5. Search files progression bar on address bar

Search files progression bar on address bar: on windows 7 / windows 10 when you done a search in file explorer as it searched a green bar moved across the address bar - i liked this . In windows 11 all you get is the spinning circle on the top left . does anyone know how I can changed it back to the bar going across the...
  6. hide or disable address bar from explorer file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hide or disable address bar from explorer file: Hello,i need your help to hide or disable the address bar from explorer file and from save asthank you all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-or-disable-address-bar-from-explorer-file/b9b0209e-2701-48cd-9888-f96b771754be
  7. hide or disable address bar from explorer file

hide or disable address bar from explorer file: Hello,i need your help to hide or disable the address bar from explorer file and from save asthank you all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-or-disable-address-bar-from-explorer-file/b9b0209e-2701-48cd-9888-f96b771754be
  8. hide or disable address bar from explorer file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Windows Explorer address bar + search bar height?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer address bar + search bar height?: [ATTACH] This came in a recent Windows 10 update for me. I've tried Googling the answer but all posts are for changing the width (just dragging it..), something about Winaero Tweaker (which I've tried), and one post about editing something in registry:...
  10. Windows File Explorer Address Bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer Address Bar: I'm currently having a problem with my windows file explorer. As you can see in the image, the address bar is black. I would like to to revert to its original color but I don't know how. [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn off search in address bar no search on web addresses

2. disable file explorer address bar navigation

3. serach from file explorer address bar

4. turn off search engine file explorer address bar,
  5. turn off web search in windows search bar,
  6. address bar turned black edge,
  7. turn off suggestions in file explorer search bar,
  8. search bar in windows explorer disable,
  9. windows explorer disable address bar Windows 10,
  10. how to turn off web search in address bar,
  11. address bar search windows explorer,