Windows 10: Disable Web Search in File Explorer Address Bar Windows 10

Discus and support Disable Web Search in File Explorer Address Bar Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does anybody know how to disable the web search capability of file explorer? Sometimes when I mistype something into the address bar of File Explorer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JohnTravolski, Aug 5, 2018.

1. JohnTravolski Win User

Disable Web Search in File Explorer Address Bar Windows 10

Does anybody know how to disable the web search capability of file explorer? Sometimes when I mistype something into the address bar of File Explorer, it will take whatever I typed in and search the term for bing (assuming whatever I typed isn't a path or a program).

Does anybody know how to disable this feature entirely, preferably through the registry?

:)

JohnTravolski, Aug 5, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 5, 2018
  3. Gerard Qui Win User
    Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      Disable Web Search in File Explorer Address Bar Windows 10 a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Aug 5, 2018
  4. windows8thumba Win User

windows8thumba, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable Web Search in File Explorer Address Bar Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Disable Web Search

2. Using Bing in Firefox Address Bar Search

in Browsers and Email
    Using Bing in Firefox Address Bar Search: I am using Firefox 61.0.2 under W10. If I type a search term in the Search Bar, it searches using Bing just as I set it up. Fine. However, if I want to search by putting a term in the Address Bar it insists on using Google. I don't want that, I want Bing. Is there anyway I...
  3. Windows 10 Edge "Web Search Bar" is new and I want to disable

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Edge "Web Search Bar" is new and I want to disable: Hello, I use Edge and I guess I just had a new update on my computer. I now have 2 internet search tabs showing up. The normal Edge "search or enter web address" is what I use and like. Now, I have a new "search the web : web search" bar below it and it covers about 1/2 of...
  4. Search/address bar disabled in Edge after anniversary update

in Browsers and Email
    Search/address bar disabled in Edge after anniversary update: Is anyone else getting this? Edge worked fine before the anniversary update. Now it's installed it won't permit me to type in the search box or the address bar. The only way I can access websites is to add them to the top sites section. Am I missing something obvious?...
  5. Unable to Type in Search the Web and Windows Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Type in Search the Web and Windows Bar: I've just upgraded my laptop to Win10 (did my desktop several months ago). The laptop is unable to take input to the Search the web and Windows task bar. I've searched the web, but all I've found was references to killing and restarting Search from the task manager, but there...
  6. File Explorer address bar turned black

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer address bar turned black: Hi there, to elaborate on the thread title: after updating to build 1709/Fall Creators update, File Explorer's address bar has spontaneously turned black and for the life of me, I can't revert it to white like it was before. My Google-fu is coming up empty here, as...
  7. Search the web and Windows bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Search the web and Windows bar: Hello, Windows 10 just did an update and now there is this little search bar in the corner, and I don't want there as it uses Internet Explorer and will never use it. How do I get rid, I've right clicked and unticked all the ticked things but it won't go away. Also was...
  8. Search bar in windows file explorer doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Search bar in windows file explorer doesn't work: The search bar in my files explorer won't actually search anything, just to make it clear it isn't the search bar on the left but the smaller one on the right that won't actually do anything/highlight anything Screenshot - ae72785c768d4df8a79ce4627f494350 - Gyazo I used...
  9. HELP disabling Windows Explorer Address Bar in Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    HELP disabling Windows Explorer Address Bar in Win10: Hi this may seem like a stupid question (I feel kind of stupid for asking it haha) but I need help DISABLING the address bar in windows explorer. I only need it to be temporary. The reason I need to disable the address bar is when I'm recording desktop screen-capture...
  10. disable web search

in Windows 10 Support
    disable web search: On the start menu I do not like that 10 is searching the web for results. I've found the entries in group policy as shown below but that doesn't work.*Mad How do I disable web search from the start menu. Disable web results in Windows 10 search - Microsoft Beta - Neowin...