Windows 10: Disable Windows 10 Game Bar tips and notifications

Discus and support Disable Windows 10 Game Bar tips and notifications in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The Game Bar feature of the Windows 10 operating system has come a long way since first bits of the feature were introduced in earlier versions of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Sep 27, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Disable Windows 10 Game Bar tips and notifications

The Game Bar feature of the Windows 10 operating system has come a long way since first bits of the feature were introduced in earlier versions of the operating system.

Game Bar, or more precisely Xbox Game Bar, is a built-in feature of the Windows 10 operating system that may be used to record and broadcast games, capture screenshots, or interact with others.

You can toggle the Game Bar overlay on Windows 10 by using the keyboard shortcut Windows-G. Windows displays the overlay and you may use Game Bar functionality or configure the service.

Disable Windows 10 Game Bar tips and notifications game-bar-notification.png

Most Windows 10 users come into contact with Game Bar when they launch a game on their device. Game Bar may display tips during game launch, e.g. "record what you just did", "do you want to open Game Bar", or "Press Win + G to open Game Bar".

While these are great to inform gamers about Game Bar, they may become annoying quickly to gamers who don't want to use the functionality.

The following guide explains how to disable Game Bar tips and notifications in particular, but covers disabling Game Bar completely as well.

Disabling Game Bar Tips and notifications

Disable Windows 10 Game Bar tips and notifications windows-10-game-bar-settings.png

If you just want to disable tips and notifications while playing games, do the following:

1. Use the keyboard shortcut Windows-G to open the Game Bar overlay on Windows 10.
    2. Activate the settings icon in the toolbar at the top (the cogwheel icon there).
    3. Under General, disable "Show tips when I start a game" by unchecking the box.
    4. Switch to the Notifications page using the menu on the left.
    5. Check "Hide notifications when I'm playing a fullscreen game" and "silence notification sounds".
      1. Optional: disable "notify me when I get a new message".
      2. Optional: disable "notify me when I'm invited to an Xbox One party or multiplayer game".
      3. Optional: disable "notify me when someone new follows me".

Disable Windows 10 Game Bar tips and notifications game-bar-windows-10-notification-settings.png

Just close the window once you are done configuring the settings. The changes are saved automatically and you should not receive any new tips or notifications anymore when playing fullscreen games on the device.

Disable the entire Game Bar feature

Disabling tips and notifications works best for Windows 10 gamers who use Game Bar to capture screenshots, videos or for broadcasting. Those who don't may also disable the feature entirely instead.

Option 1: the Settings application

Disable Windows 10 Game Bar tips and notifications xbox-game-bar-settings.png

1. Use the keyboard shortcut Windows-I to open the Settings application, or click on Start > Settings.
    2. Go to Gaming. (Xbox) Game Bar should be selected by default but if it is not, select the entry from the sidebar menu.
    3. Flip the "Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game Bar " preference to Off.
      1. Note: the feature is renamed in upcoming versions of Windows 10. In the most recent Windows 10 Insider Builds of 20H1, it is called "Enable Xbox Game Bar for things like recording game clips, chatting with friends, and receiving game invites (Some games require Xbox Game Bar for receiving game invites). Just flip the first preference on the page to Off to disable the feature.
    4. Tip: you may also disable background recording under Captures and Game Mode under Game Mode if you don't use these features.
    5. Close the Settings application.
    Option 2: Group Policy

Disable Windows 10 Game Bar tips and notifications group-policy-disable-game-recording.png

You may disable Game Bar and related functionality system wide by configuring a policy in the Group Policy editor.

Note: The editor is only available in professional and Enterprise editions of Windows 10.

1. Open Start, type gpedit.msc, and select the Group Policy Editor from the results listing to open it on the device.
    2. Use the left sidebar to navigate to the following path: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Game Recording and Broadcasting
    3. Double click on "Enables or disables Windows Game Recording and Broadcasting".
    4. Set the policy to Disable.
    5. Click on ok.
    Option 3: The Windows Registry

Disable Windows 10 Game Bar tips and notifications registry-disable-game-bar-windows.png

The Registry option is available to Home devices as well.

1. Open Start, type regedit.exe and select the Registry Editor from the results listing.
    2. Go to the following path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\GameDVR
    3. Check if the Dword Value AllowgameDVR exists.
      1. If it exists, double-click on the value and set it to 0 to disable the functionality.
      2. If it does not exist, right-click on GameDVR, select New > Dword (32-bit) Value. Name it AllowgameDVR and set it to 0.
    4. Sign-out and on again, or restart the PC to apply the change.

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here (https://www.ghacks.net/support/) or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/ghacks/). Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Disable Windows 10 Game Bar tips and notifications appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Sep 27, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

disable windows 10 tips on startup

I agree. I just opened the Tips app, and see the exact same as your screenshot. Something is opening the Tips app for you.

Just to verify, is this what you used to disable tips in notifications?

*Arrow Turn On or Off Tip, Trick, and Suggestion Notifications in Windows 10

Brink, Sep 27, 2019
  3. archz2 Win User
    disable windows 10 tips on startup

I used this manual system of turning off tips, but still no success.

Disable Windows 10 Game Bar tips and notifications [​IMG]

archz2, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Disable Windows 10 Game Bar tips and notifications

How to disable Windows tips assistance on Windows 10?

Hi,

You may be facing the above issue due to Show me tips about Windows option enabled on the computer.

To disable Show me tips about Windows option by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved on the computer.

• Press Windows logo + I keys on the keyboard to open system
      Settings page on the computer desktop.
    • Select System and click on Notification & actions from the left side panel of the window.
    • Check if Show me tips about Windows option is enabled under
      Notifications. If yes, slide the bar to disable Show me tips about Windows option and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of tips and tricks shown on the computer desktop for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

Disable Windows 10 Game Bar tips and notifications

1. Disable Windows 10 Game Bar tips and notifications - Similar Threads - Disable Game Bar

2. Disabling Windows Game Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Windows Game Bar: Once PowerShell opens, type in the following command and hit Enter:Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay Remove-AppxPackage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-windows-game-bar/d1ed4181-313f-479b-a85a-f2109728c8a5
  3. Disabling Windows Game Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling Windows Game Bar: Once PowerShell opens, type in the following command and hit Enter:Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay Remove-AppxPackage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-windows-game-bar/d1ed4181-313f-479b-a85a-f2109728c8a5
  4. Game Bar notification issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game Bar notification issue: Ive been having this issue for a while now.Using Game bar on Win10 I do not receive any message/group chat invite/game invite notifications; as a banner, or in the action centre, or even a notification sound.Since messages have now been exclusively moved to being handled by...
  5. How to disable Xbox game bar tips when loading a game?

How to disable Xbox game bar tips when loading a game?: I disabled the show game tips when loading checkbox in the game bar settings, but the tips still shows. This wouldn't be a problem, but the game bar tips are always stuck in a loop when I open Paladins. This only happens to that game so i want to disable the game bar tips....
  6. xbor game bar tips

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbor game bar tips: Usually when I open a game such as solitaire the xbox game bar tips slides in from the right. Since latest game bar app update (yest) it doesn't do this. I can open game bar fine but tips won't come up anymore. I toggled the setting to turn tips off and on, restarted etc but...
  7. xbor game bar tips

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbor game bar tips: Usually when I open a game such as solitaire the xbox game bar tips slides in from the right. Since latest game bar app update (yest) it doesn't do this. I can open game bar fine but tips won't come up anymore. I toggled the setting to turn tips off and on, restarted etc but...
  8. disable windows 10 tips on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    disable windows 10 tips on startup: I have Windows 1903 - 64 bit installed. Ever since the 1903 update, whenever I boot my laptop, I get the large windows box talking about various tips and what's new in windows 1903. I have disabled windows tips in the notification settings but still I get this box when I boot...
  9. Windows 10 Balloon tips/notification

Windows 10 Balloon tips/notification: Hello, Can i manage a balloon tips/notification in Windows 10? I know i can disable or enable this but i want to enable only the ones i will choose (e.q "You password has been expired" or "Your Windows computer is at high risk"). Can we manage this in gpedit.msc or...
  10. Turn On or Off Game Bar Tips in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Game Bar Tips in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Game Bar Tips in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Game Bar Tips in Windows 10 The capturing clips, and sharing captures to Twitterall from one dashboard in Windows 10. When you have the Game bar turned on, you can select to show tips when you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 turn off record what you just did