Windows 10: Turn On or Off Tip, Trick, and Suggestion Notifications in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Tip, Trick, and Suggestion Notifications in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Tip, Trick, and Suggestion Notifications in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Tips, Tricks, and Suggestions Notifications about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by jfreemont, Nov 28, 2015.

1. jfreemont Win User

Turn On or Off Tip, Trick, and Suggestion Notifications in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Tip, Trick, and Suggestion Notifications in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Tips, Tricks, and Suggestions Notifications about Windows 10

By default, Windows 10 will occasionally show you notifications for helpful tips about using Windows 10.

While some tips can be helpful, some suggestions may include advertising. You may not wish to see these notifications anymore. Some people have also reported that they have sometimes experienced high CPU and memory usage caused by these tips notifications.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off the Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows notifications for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off "Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows" in Settings
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off "Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows" using a REG file
    • Option Three: To Enable or Disable Windows Tips using Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Four: To Enable or Disable Windows Tips using a REG file

EXAMPLE: "Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows"

Turn On or Off Tip, Trick, and Suggestion Notifications in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off "Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows" in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on Notifications & actions on the left side, and turn on (default) or off Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows/B] for what you want on the right side. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off "Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows" using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager

SubscribedContent-338389Enabled DWORD

0 = off
    1 = on

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On "Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows"
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_On_Show_me_tips_about_Windows.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off "Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows"
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_Off_Show_me_tips_about_Windows.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

OPTION THREE [/i] To Enable or Disable Windows Tips using Local Group Policy Editor

*note This option will only work in the Windows 10 Enterprise and Education editions.
    1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Cloud Content

3. In the right pane of Cloud Content in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Do not show Windows tips policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable Windows Tips
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Disable Windows Tips
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION FOUR [/i] To Enable or Disable Windows Tips using a REG file

*note This option will only work in the Windows 10 Enterprise and Education editions.

The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CloudContent

DisableSoftLanding DWORD

(delete) = Enable
    1 = Disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Windows Tips
    *note This is the default setting.

Enable_Windows_Tips.reg

Download

3. To Disable Windows Tips

Disable_Windows_Tips.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

jfreemont, Nov 28, 2015
  2. SarahKong Win User

How do I turn Off Edge Browser Notifications CONTINUALLY ANNOYING ME To Switch From Chrome?

Go to search and type Notifications and open it.

Turn off the "Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows"

And you're done.

SarahKong, Nov 28, 2015
  3. SarahKong Win User
    How to disable notification to signin with Microsoft Account

Go to start - settings - system - notifications

Turn off the "Get tips, tricks and suggestions as you use Windows".

And you should be good to go!

SarahKong, Nov 28, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Here you go. *Smile

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\EdgeUI

DisableHelpSticker DWORD

1 = Disable Tips for all users
    0 = Enable Tips for all users to be able to turn on/off

Brink, Nov 28, 2015
  5. jfreemont Win User
    That doesn't seem to work. From what I can tell, the registry key you mentioned corresponds to "Disable help tips," not "Do not show Windows Tips."

jfreemont, Nov 28, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Where's that policy located in Group Policy?

I can then find it in the registry. *Smile

Brink, Nov 28, 2015
  7. jfreemont Win User
    It's in CC\Windows Components\Cloud Content.

jfreemont, Nov 28, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Ok. Here's for that one. *Redface

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CloudContent

DisableSoftLanding DWORD

1 = Disable Windows Tips
    0 or delete = Enable Windows Tips

Brink, Nov 29, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Nov 29, 2015
  10. Eschelar Win User
    Nice work Brink, thanks.

Just got a notification in my W10 laptop from Tips that I have a new notification in Tips. The new notification is that I have a new notification in Tips. I cannot tell Tips not to give me new notifications where the content of the new notification is simply that there is a new notification. I am very sad that logic is failing in such an exaggerated way and that someone actually greenlit this function in W10. This came after an unwanted forced update that I had to wait for it to finish even though I wanted to do some actual work in a hurry...

Now I have a keyboard imprinted on my forehead. *Sad

Eschelar, Sep 8, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Eschelar, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Yeah, it will be nice when W10 gets polished up some more.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Tip, Trick, and Suggestion Notifications in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Tip

2. How to Turn off Tips and Suggestions notifications in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Turn off Tips and Suggestions notifications in Windows 11: [IMG]In this article, we will show you how to turn off Tips and Suggestions notifications in Windows 11. Tips and tricks notifications are pop-up messages that appear to provide useful Windows 11 tips and tricks about using the operating system. These notifications can be...
  3. Windows 11 tips & tricks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 tips & tricks: What the tips and tricks for windows 11[Original Title: Windows 11] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-tips-tricks/0b48e462-ed0b-4d3e-9863-877e9780e1fa
  4. Windows 11 tips & tricks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 tips & tricks: What the tips and tricks for windows 11[Original Title: Windows 11] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-tips-tricks/0b48e462-ed0b-4d3e-9863-877e9780e1fa
  5. Windows Terminal Tips and Tricks

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Terminal Tips and Tricks: Windows Terminal is a command-line tool developed by Microsoft. Using this tool, you can run multiple command-line tools like Command Prompt, PowerShell, etc., in separate tabs. Apart from this, you can also add different command-line emulators to the Windows Terminal by...
  6. Firewalls tips&Tricks

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewalls tips&Tricks: Hello community here, What's recommended tips and tricks of Windows built-in Firewalls? what should ON or OFF? I wanna know right configs and make it more secure to harden traffics and kinds of threats? Or to suggest me good guides of it. I am afraid to change something...
  7. Windows Terminal Tips and Tricks for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Terminal Tips and Tricks for Windows 10: Windows Terminal comes with a lot of features that allow you to customize it and interact with it in a way that feels most comfortable to you. Let’s run through some tips and tricks that could help you set up your terminal in a way that’s perfect for...
  8. VM Tips and Tricks?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VM Tips and Tricks?: Hello, When I purchased my recent laptop, I had it come downgraded to Windows 7 Pro on a junk drive. So I essentially had a Windows 7 key and 8 key. I replaced the junk drive with an SSD and installed Windows 8 using the key in the BIOS. Today, the laptop is on Windows 10...
  9. Tips & Tricks

in Windows 10 Support
    Tips & Tricks: Post any tips, tricks, or workarounds here. How to use Windows 10 Technical Preview PC Start Search Cortana Apps Photos File Explorer Maps Xbox Personalization and settings Touch and keyboard Updates and feedback Windows Keyboard shortcuts (there's probably a...
  10. Windows 10: Tips, Tricks, and Tweaks

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Tips, Tricks, and Tweaks: Despite still being very much an early preview, Windows 10 is already brimming with handy new featues, along with new tweaks and tricks—and, because the operating is still in preview, a handful of those tricks unlock powerful functionality hidden to everyday users....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Turn_Off_Show_me_tips_about_Windows.reg

2. Get tips tricks and advice while using Windows registry