Windows 10: Disable Windows Defender Real-time protection but keep the app working

Discus and support Disable Windows Defender Real-time protection but keep the app working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, how can I disable Windows Defender Real-time protection but keep the Windows Defender app available and working? I've seen ways to disable... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by nosecureboot, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Disable Windows Defender Real-time protection but keep the app working

Hi, how can I disable Windows Defender Real-time protection but keep the Windows Defender app available and working?

I've seen ways to disable Windows Defender Real-time protection in W10, however this involved disabling Windows Defender as a whole...

:)

nosecureboot, Jul 27, 2015

2. Windows Defender Real Time Protection Turned OFF

When I go to Windows Defender security center i get something like 'your device is being protected'.

But when i open the windows Defender Desktop App home tab, i find that the Real Time Protection is disabled and grayed and i constantly keep on getting notification messages to turn On real time protection .

When i go to windows defender Virus and Threat Protection settings, Real Time Protection is ON but greyed.

I dont know if the rephrase of my question makes a difference and brings a different understanding .

Thanks

Francis C. Nkhata, Jul 27, 2015
  3. Windows defender keeps turning itself on

Hello,

I have malwarebytes installed so I want to disable windows defender. The only problem is that the real-time protection keeps turning itself back on. I already took a look at the link below but I tried all steps but they didn't work.

Does somebody have some advise to keep WD disabled?

Real time protection keeps turning itself on

Vincent van Duijnhoven, Jul 27, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

Disable Windows Defender Real-time protection but keep the app working

Generally disabling a program turns it off, will not be running either in foreground or background. That is a hazard when doing online/streaming installs that require disabling the protection, could get hi-jacked/infected if not using a legitimate or the publisher's site. I use the free AVG and paid-for Malwarebytes and have not had a problem leaving them running. YMMV

Berton, Jul 27, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello nosecureboot,

You could use OPTION THREE or OPTION FOUR in the tutorial below to disable real-time protection in Windows Defender without it getting automatically turned back on later.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

However, I concur with Berton. It's not recommended to do so since it would leave your system more vulnerable.

Brink, Jul 27, 2015
  6. Thanks, this seems to be working now (real time is off, but app still works).

nosecureboot, Jul 27, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Disable Windows Defender Real-time protection but keep the app working

1. Disable Windows Defender Real-time protection but keep the app working - Similar Threads - Disable Defender Real

2. Is it safe to disable Windows Defender's Real-time protection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to disable Windows Defender's Real-time protection?: Is it safe to disable Real Time protection in Windows Defender if I ensure to manually scan any downloaded files before using them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-disable-windows-defenders-real-time/ea1a4bc5-014f-4f71-a99a-2ae6211ad0a9
  3. Is it safe to disable Windows Defender's Real-time protection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it safe to disable Windows Defender's Real-time protection?: Is it safe to disable Real Time protection in Windows Defender if I ensure to manually scan any downloaded files before using them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-disable-windows-defenders-real-time/ea1a4bc5-014f-4f71-a99a-2ae6211ad0a9
  4. Real-time protection disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Real-time protection disabled: Split from this thread. I was used a nice window 10 defender. but right now it disabled the real time protection as below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/real-time-protection-disabled/f0398bc1-7190-4a49-8e38-39842af00a91
  5. How to disable windows defender/real time protection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable windows defender/real time protection: Im on windows 10 home edition and this shit keeps bugging me and yes I know the risks etc. I know on the pro you can go and disable it pretty easy so I was wondering if there is a method for people on the home submitted by /u/MidnightEmojis [link] [comments]...
  6. Real Time protection disabled

Real Time protection disabled: Real Time protection disabled and cannot be enable from Defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/real-time-protection-disabled/4f7aa9c1-eb51-492b-8531-a008a84d523a
  7. Defender: Real Time Protection:

Defender: Real Time Protection:: I just installed the latest Build of Windows 10 . I get this notification in yellow text This setting is managed by your Administrator above the real time protection on Off button and it has been turned on but greyed out. I am not able to disable it. Have scanned it with...
  8. Unable to to Disable Defender Real Time Protection

Unable to to Disable Defender Real Time Protection: Hi I installed the April 2018 Win 10 Update today which has resulted in my CPU constantly working 15% higher due to the Antimalware Service Executable. I’ve tried to disable Defender as suggested by Microsoft but its instruction was to go to Settings / Update & Security /...
  9. Disable real-time protection.

Disable real-time protection.: I've only had Windows 10 for a few days and it's already annoyed me more than XP and Vista ever have combined. Right now my problem is the damn thing keeps enabling real-time protection for no apparent reason. I'm confused, was this software developed by primates by any...
  10. Disable the real-time protection of Windows Defender

Disable the real-time protection of Windows Defender: Hi In Windows 10 v1511, I noticed that if I disable the real-time protection of Windows Defender, when I reboot the system, this protection comes back on automatically. Why? So, how do I prevent this? Thanks Bye 33201