Windows 10: Disable Windows Defender

Discus and support Disable Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Howdy, According to this Microsoft article: Configure telemetry and other settings in your organization (Windows) To Disable Windows Defender I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by omidsolo, Nov 7, 2015.

1. omidsolo Win User

Disable Windows Defender

Howdy,
    According to this Microsoft article:

Configure telemetry and other settings in your organization (Windows)

To Disable Windows Defender I have written the following code (Disable.bat):

REM Disable Windows Defender
    REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Spynet" /V "SpyNetReporting" /T REG_DWORD /D "0" /F

But it does not work, am I doing something wrong do you think?
    Thanks *Smile

:)

omidsolo, Nov 7, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Nov 7, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Nov 7, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Disable Windows Defender

Brink, Nov 7, 2015
  5. omidsolo Win User
    Thank you Brink so much *Smile

omidsolo, Nov 8, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Disable Windows Defender

1. Disable Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Disable Defender

2. Disable periodic Defender scanning when using battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable periodic Defender scanning when using battery: How can I permanently disable the periodic virus scanning of Windows Defender when powered by battery? I'm using Windows 10 22H2. Such scans are becoming increasingly frequent on my laptop sometimes observed multiple times a day, and often take place when power supply is not...
  3. Disable periodic Defender scanning when using battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable periodic Defender scanning when using battery: How can I permanently disable the periodic virus scanning of Windows Defender when powered by battery? I'm using Windows 10 22H2. Such scans are becoming increasingly frequent on my laptop sometimes observed multiple times a day, and often take place when power supply is not...
  4. Disable periodic Defender scanning when using battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. hello i have installed an app called windows defender disabler from sordum and disabled...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello i have installed an app called windows defender disabler from sordum and disabled...: hello i have installed an app called windows defender disabler from sordum org and disabled windows defender but cant get it back on so anyone can help me?...
  6. hello i have installed an app called windows defender disabler from sordum and disabled...

hello i have installed an app called windows defender disabler from sordum and disabled...: hello i have installed an app called windows defender disabler from sordum org and disabled windows defender but cant get it back on so anyone can help me?...
  7. Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...: Hello,When trying to secure my computer, I found an article suggesting to install the Windows security baseline found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55319Now, this is one of the worst things anyone can do to their personal computer. Most of the...
  8. Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...

Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...: Hello,When trying to secure my computer, I found an article suggesting to install the Windows security baseline found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55319Now, this is one of the worst things anyone can do to their personal computer. Most of the...
  9. Windows 11 - Unable to disable Windows Defender "Page not available, your IT administrator...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Unable to disable Windows Defender "Page not available, your IT administrator...: So, apparently out of nowhere, Windows decided not to allow me to change my defender anti virus settings.When I got a popup saying that a dangerous file was found, as usual I knew the file was safe, I clicked the pop up so I could override the file deletion, to my surprise I...
  10. Windows 11 - Unable to disable Windows Defender "Page not available, your IT administrator...

Windows 11 - Unable to disable Windows Defender "Page not available, your IT administrator...: So, apparently out of nowhere, Windows decided not to allow me to change my defender anti virus settings.When I got a popup saying that a dangerous file was found, as usual I knew the file was safe, I clicked the pop up so I could override the file deletion, to my surprise I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. spynet service mcafee defender