Windows 10: Disable WPD devices on Windows 10 Home Edition?

Discus and support Disable WPD devices on Windows 10 Home Edition? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have asked this before, but didn't get any answer, so I will ask again. How can I disable WPD devices Write Access on Windows Home Editions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lolcocks, Nov 7, 2015.

1. lolcocks Win User

Disable WPD devices on Windows 10 Home Edition?

Hi,
    I have asked this before, but didn't get any answer, so I will ask again.

How can I disable WPD devices Write Access on Windows Home Editions because there is no GPEdit.msc on Windows Home Editions.

Thank you.

:)

lolcocks, Nov 7, 2015
  2. PA Bear - MS MVP, Nov 7, 2015
  3. Connecting 6300 causes pc to crash!

If somebody gets BSOD (blue screen), reason can be WPD(windows portable device) driver. There is details how to disable WPD support from PC Suite:

/discussions/board/message?board.id=pcsuite&thread.id=22544&page=3

miksu---01, Nov 7, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

Berton, Nov 7, 2015
  5. lolcocks Win User
    lolcocks, Nov 7, 2015
  6. Berton Win User
    I agree about the documents but wanted to show that most times the problems are to get things working rather than stopping them. As for the version of Windows it probably would be in the company's best interest to get the Pro version installed. As for cost, the Upgrade would usually cost less than the cost of work time lost in trying to find a work-around.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable WPD devices on Windows 10 Home Edition? - Similar Threads - Disable WPD devices

2. c++How to associate the USB device and WPD device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    c++How to associate the USB device and WPD device?: Hi,I want to write a c++ program to read files on a specified mobile phone. This program receives three parameters: the USB vendor ID, the USB product ID and the USB serial number. These three parameters should identify the mobile phone.What puzzles me is: how can I determine...
  3. How to disable hotkeys in Windows Home edition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable hotkeys in Windows Home edition?: Hotkeys are severely impeding gaming especially ctrl+alt+del opening task manager and the windows key in general. I cannot use Group Policy Editor. It does not exist on home editions of windows. There is also no "Explorer" folder under "Policies" in the registry so editing...
  4. How to disable hotkeys in Windows Home edition?

How to disable hotkeys in Windows Home edition?: Hotkeys are severely impeding gaming especially ctrl+alt+del opening task manager and the windows key in general. I cannot use Group Policy Editor. It does not exist on home editions of windows. There is also no "Explorer" folder under "Policies" in the registry so editing...
  5. how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update: Hi,I have an old windows 10 Home edition laptop, which does not mee the windows 11 requirements.I've blocked the windows update on this laptop by disabling the windows update service; also configured the pause update.But in the last two weeks, I still get windows update...
  6. how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update

how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update: Hi,I have an old windows 10 Home edition laptop, which does not mee the windows 11 requirements.I've blocked the windows update on this laptop by disabling the windows update service; also configured the pause update.But in the last two weeks, I still get windows update...
  7. how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Device Encryption Windows 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Device Encryption Windows 10 Home Edition: I have a friend that just bought a new HP laptop but it has Windows 10 Home. He wants to use the device encryption but it doesn't appear in the menu. He has the TPM and UEFI Enabled but it doesn't give me the option for device encryption. When I look at System Information to...
  9. How to disable automatic updates for Windows 10 home edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to disable automatic updates for Windows 10 home edition: I know this has been asked countless times before but I'm really coming to my wits end here.. basically i have a Windows 10 ver 1607 operated tablet..it have 32 gigs of memory and 2 gigs of RAM ..i use it for light stuff like reading PDFs watching YouTube etc..the thing is...
  10. WPD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WPD: I can no longer down load my pictures because I'm getting an error on the lap top stating WPD is not installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wpd/e20a78fb-9251-445f-8c07-70cb5c5f32eb"