Windows 10: Disabling lock screen in Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

Discus and support Disabling lock screen in Windows 10 Anniversary Edition in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I tried the Windows 10 Anniversary to disable the lock screen using the Task Scheduler that is posted on your website.....it didnt work for me. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jeanniespc, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Disabling lock screen in Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

I tried the Windows 10 Anniversary to disable the lock screen using the Task Scheduler that is posted on your website.....it didnt work for me.

I want to be able to go straight to the log in screen at start up of my computer....can someone help please.

Thanks
    Jeannie

:)

jeanniespc, Sep 10, 2016

2. Lock Screen

According to this site:

Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10

after the anniversary update the group policy edit and the registry tweak will only work on the Windows 10 Enterprise, Education, and Server editions.

You can disable the lock screen using a task, but this option will not disable the lock screen at startup. It will disable the lock screen when a user locks the computer, signs out, and resume from sleep. The method is given, but I have not tried it yet.

William Martz, Sep 10, 2016
  3. max green Win User
    How to disable lock screen after anniversary update?

Unfortunately the option to disable the Lock screen has been removed from Pro and Home editions

of Windows 10 build 14393 Anniversary build. You can only disable the Lock screen if you are using

Enterprise or Server editions of windows 10.

You can raise a new Feedback or upvote on other feedback that already requested the ability to disable

the Lock screen, click start, Feedback Hub.

max green, Sep 10, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Disabling lock screen in Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

The task scheduler works when waking up from sleep. The initial login is a problem but autologin sorts issue.

cereberus, Sep 10, 2016
  5. How do I do autologin??

jeanniespc, Sep 10, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 10, 2016
  7. Hi, Is there a way to autologin on Windows 10 Anniversary with the pin number instead of the password??

jeanniespc, Sep 10, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

I'm afraid that netplwiz only accepts the account's password for auto sign in.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Disabling lock screen in Windows 10 Anniversary Edition - Similar Threads - Disabling lock screen

2. Disable/Change timeout Windows 10 Lock Screen on Home edition

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disable/Change timeout Windows 10 Lock Screen on Home edition: After spending time searching how to disable the Windows 10 Home lock screen I finally came across these 2 articles which worked for me. how-disable-windows-10-lock-screen how-to-change-the-windows-10-lock-screen-timeout This is posted to help the hundreds who are...
  3. Lock Screen Problems in Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Problems in Anniversary Upgrade: I use Windows Home and find the inability to disable the Lock Screen on login really annoying. I used to use the registry fix on this forum but this no longer works. In Spotlight Mode, the correct Lock Screen background is shown when I use Windows Key + L but the last...
  4. Dissable Lock Screen - Windows 10 Anniversary

Dissable Lock Screen - Windows 10 Anniversary: Hi Maybe anyone knows hot to dissable Lock Screen in Windows 10 Anniversary ? Normal pre-update solutions doesn't work :\ 58505
  5. Disable anniversary update lock screen

Disable anniversary update lock screen: I have found two methods to do this, neither of which work Disable the Windows 10 Lock Screen (Anniversary Update) - gHacks Tech News Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10 Anniversary Update version 1607 are the ones I've tried, but the lock screen is still there. I'm on...
  6. Disable lock screen in Windows 10.

Disable lock screen in Windows 10.: Previously I was able to disable the lock screen in Windows 10 by editing the registry, however in the November update version this no longer appears to work. Please advise as to how I can get rid of the Lock screen in the latest version Windows 10. Thanks. 47040
  7. Where is the Anniversary Edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Where is the Anniversary Edition: My desktop PC just updated but it shows Version 1511, OS Build 10586.545 – Where is the Anniversary update (I believe it's Version: 1607)? 59567
  8. Apps for Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps for Windows 10 Anniversary Edition: Good morning every one. I realize we're all suffering from boredom while waiting for the Anniversary Edition of Windows 10, but I'm trying to make plans for a clean install and the apps I will want to add. I figure I'm not alone in this quest, so I thought we could all weigh...
  9. Disable error reporting in Windows 10 Anniversary edition

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable error reporting in Windows 10 Anniversary edition: I have tried the registry edit I found on other pages but I havent seemed to get it disabled. Anyone have any tips or suggestions to get error reporting disabled? thanks 59157
  10. Black Screen after "Updating" to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen after "Updating" to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition: Updating from Windows 10 Pro 64-bit fully updated. version 1511 build 10586.494 256 GB SSD with OS & essential apps [Office, Norton, etc.] 2TB SATA HD - all other Programs & Games, plus data [pictures, videos, documents, music] 1TB SATA HD - File History backup 16...