Windows 10: Disabling Touchscreen Gestures/Pinch on windows 10

Discus and support Disabling Touchscreen Gestures/Pinch on windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I have a desktop PC with the latest version of Windows 10 and I've bought a Hannspree touchscreen monitor connected via hdmi to the desktop. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Paul Ross (paul), Feb 8, 2019.

1. Disabling Touchscreen Gestures/Pinch on windows 10

Hi

I have a desktop PC with the latest version of Windows 10 and I've bought a Hannspree touchscreen monitor connected via hdmi to the desktop.

If I open Edge/I.E or Chrome....I can use my 5 fingers to enlarge the screen and again shrink it down again perfectly.....I want to stop this...I don't want to enlarge the screen or shrink it....I just don't want that facility.

I have researched heavily on MS Support and even the browsers support pages, but I cannot seem to find a solution to do this.

I had Windows XP using a touchscreen and the touchscreen monitor was what I wanted, but when it upgraded itself to Windows 10, I could not stop it zooming in and out....on XP it was fine.....so I guess it has to be a Windows 10 setting somewhere that I need to disable as its clearly not a browser issue as I've tried 3 of them!

Any clues?

Paul

:)

Paul Ross (paul), Feb 8, 2019
  2. ChadBP Win User

Disable multitouch gestures on Touchscreen - NOT touchpad

In Windows 7 there was an option under Pen and Touch to Enable (or disable) multi-touch gestures and inking. That option is missing in Windows 10. Is there a way to disable pinch to zoom or limit touch to a single touch point? Is there somthing I'm missing
    somewhere or is it possible to achieve by Edit Group Policy or editing the Registry?

All of my searches and instructions I got from MS support related to gestures on a touchpad. I'm looking for a solution on a touchscreen.

Thanks

ChadBP, Feb 8, 2019
  3. EmoneyCC Win User
    Disabling Pinch Zoom in IE11 on a Touchscreen

Current OS: Windows 10 IOTx64bit - LTSB2016

Hi,

I'm still having trouble disabling the Pinch to Zoom in Internet Explorer 11
    We are not using Synpatics so the option to change the "Device Settings" in control panel is not there.
    I've tried changing the registry to disable the zoom or other features like swipe. Issues still remains.
    (HKLM\Software\Microsoft Internet Explorer\Zoom -> Add DWORD "ZoomDisabled" and set value to 1)

Any other ideas on how to disable the pinch to zoom in Internet Explorer 11?

Note: I'm using a Touchscreen System (Point of Sale) and not a trackpad.

EmoneyCC, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Disabling Touchscreen Gestures/Pinch on windows 10

Pinch zoom on touchscreens

Apparently, one way could be...

How to Disable Touchscreen Gestures on Windows 10 (Action Center - Microsoft Community

Try it and see, Option Three in this tutorial tells you how to exit Explorer.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...a.html#option3

Bree, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

Disabling Touchscreen Gestures/Pinch on windows 10

1. Disabling Touchscreen Gestures/Pinch on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Disabling Touchscreen Gestures

2. How to disable touchscreen pinch-to-zoom on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable touchscreen pinch-to-zoom on Windows 11?: My version of windows:Edition Windows 11 ProVersion 22H2Installed on ‎11/‎7/‎2022OS build 22621.819Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22636.1000.0I use Superdisplay as a touch screen for various applications such as Photoshop. This shows up in windows as a second...
  3. How to disable touchscreen pinch-to-zoom on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable touchscreen pinch-to-zoom on Windows 11?: My version of windows:Edition Windows 11 ProVersion 22H2Installed on ‎11/‎7/‎2022OS build 22621.819Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22636.1000.0I use Superdisplay as a touch screen for various applications such as Photoshop. This shows up in windows as a second...
  4. disable pinch zoom

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable pinch zoom: I have followed every instruction I can find and I cannot turn off pinch zoom. It's to the point that if I can't get this done I will be returning this computer because it doesn't function. Everything I try to do takes 10 times longer than it should because I have to reset...
  5. Disabling pinch zoom on windows 10

Disabling pinch zoom on windows 10: This is the most frustrating setting ever. I want to disable it, and all of the posts I've looked at, it doesn't let me adjust it in device manager. I go through settings>Devices> and under Mouse OR Touchpad, I click on Additional Settings and just see the Properties tab...
  6. Turn off Touchscreen's pinch/zoom function

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turn off Touchscreen's pinch/zoom function: I have a Dell 3030 and 3050 All in one that is running Windows 10. They have the 1809 Fall update installed and we are using an application as a kiosk. These machines have a touchscreen and NOT a touch pad. Is there a way to turn off the pinch/zoom gesture for the...
  7. Disable Pinch Zoom

Disable Pinch Zoom: Hi all, I just bought a Lenovo Ideapad 330 with windows 10. I works well except for the fact that pages keep zooming in and out when I touch the mousepad. I looked at advice given to others with this problem and it doesn't see to work for me because my menu seems to be...
  8. Windows 10 Touchscreen Gestures

Windows 10 Touchscreen Gestures: Hi Everybody, has anybody found a solution for the Touch Gestures on Windows 10? I am developing a Kiosk App and I'm facing this rather annoying problem with the Touchscreen gestures. Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!...
  9. Disabling Pinch Zoom in IE11 on a Touchscreen

in Browsers and Email
    Disabling Pinch Zoom in IE11 on a Touchscreen: Current OS: Windows 10 IOTx64bit - LTSB2016 Hi, I'm still having trouble disabling the Pinch to Zoom in Internet Explorer 11 We are not using Synpatics so the option to change the "Device Settings" in control panel is not there. I've tried changing the registry to...
  10. Pinch zoom on touchscreens

Pinch zoom on touchscreens: I want to know why it is not possible to disable pinch zoom? Not for OS in general and not also for web browsers. A lot of people is asking because it is annoying problem for touchscreen kiosk projects. I have read that it is related not of touch screen itself, but mouse...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable touch screen scrolling

2. turn off touch screen gestures windows 10

3. pinch zoom disable

4. touch screen allow zoom registry windows,
  5. disable pinch zoom on touch screen,
  6. disable touch screen registry windows 10,
  7. w10 flick and gesture missing,
  8. enable touch screen pinch zoom,
  9. windows 10 turn off touch gestures,
  10. disable pinch zoom using ms touch action,
  11. touchscreen gestures windows 10,