Windows 10: Disappearing Software

Discus and support Disappearing Software in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 on a Dell Venu 8 Tablet. Using Chrome ver. 50.0.2661.102 My wife uses coupons when shopping. I have Coupons.com and Couponbug.com... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by milford, May 20, 2016.

1. milford Win User

Disappearing Software

Running Windows 10 on a Dell Venu 8 Tablet. Using Chrome ver. 50.0.2661.102

My wife uses coupons when shopping. I have Coupons.com and Couponbug.com that I have been using since Jan. 2016.
    I need couponprinter.exe to be installed before a coupon will print.

When I started using these web sites, I never had a problem. Within the past two months, everytime I try and print, it won't print. I have to install couponprinter.exe again. If I come back to it a week later, its missing again and I have to install it again. No idea. I thought it might be Windows Defender removing the software. (Malware bytes has identified this as a PUP, but I ignore it there. Right now, the only thing i'm running is Ccleaner.

Coupon.coms website says to check Chrome plugin for the couponprinter.exe plugin. I don't have it showing. The plugin shows in Internet Explorer, but not Chrome.

I have installed the latest (non beta) Chrome and installed couponprinter.exe. No plugin showing in Chrome. I can probably run it in Internet Explorer but i'm using too much memory on this tablet.

Can anyone help?

:)

milford, May 20, 2016
  2. Judy W67 Win User

Printer Software Disappeared

Is version 1709, sorry what do you mean by Current Build (not a Computer Whizz!) Microsoft did a load of things re:troubleshooting, but didn't install anything else, they did it via remote ......., so they had control of the PC.

Judy W67, May 20, 2016
  3. Printer Software Disappeared

Hi Judy,

I would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now with your printer software. Did you make any changes on your device before this issue happens? Beside reinstalling of Windows 10, did they provide any other troubleshooting? What is the current
    build and version of your OS? You can check it by pressing the Windows key +
    R and type winver.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, May 20, 2016
  4. Disappearing Software

TairikuOkami, May 20, 2016
  5. milford Win User
    Thanks for the help. Malwarebytes identifies it but gives me the option to ignore. Thats what I've been doing. But the problem still exists. Right now, I'm holding off on all scanning software and just using Ccleaner. And its still disappears.

I don't know if I can do the read only part. Can't right click on a tablet. Can only use a stylus'

milford, May 20, 2016
  6. Hi, @milford:

Personally, I don't want any of that stuff on my system, as explained here.
    But it's certainly up to you if you want to keep a PUP or similar programs on your computer.

For the record, MBAM doesn't typically "ignore an ignore option".*Wink

It's easy enough to determine if MBAM is removing the software in question, especially if you are running MBAM Premium.
    To do that, you may wish to export and ATTACH as a "*.txt" file the MBAM SCAN and/or PROTECTION log(s) that show the detection. We can review the log to determine if it was MBAM that removed the file(s).
    This KB article contains step-wise instructions for locating and exporting the logs: How do I access and save logs from Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?

And, if you really want to keep PUPs on your computer (not recommended), then you might want to verify that you have configured MBAM to do so. Dashboard > "Settings" > "Detection and Protection" > "Non-Malware Protection" > change to either "Warn" or "Ignore" (the latter, in particular, is not recommended; but it's up to you).

Having said all that, I cannot say if ANOTHER security application on your system may have been responsible for the removal.*Wink

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, May 20, 2016
  7. TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Disappearing Software

1. Disappearing Software - Similar Threads - Disappearing Software

2. Microsoft voice typing launcher disappears while using screen dimming software in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft voice typing launcher disappears while using screen dimming software in windows 11: When I use any screen dimming software {such a night mode,dimmer, pangolin screen brightness} to reduce the brightness of screen then Microsoft voice typing launcher does not appear automatically in place where there is need to voice typing in Windows 11.I think screen...
  3. Microsoft voice typing launcher disappears while using screen dimming software in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft voice typing launcher disappears while using screen dimming software in windows 11: When I use any screen dimming software {such a night mode,dimmer, pangolin screen brightness} to reduce the brightness of screen then Microsoft voice typing launcher does not appear automatically in place where there is need to voice typing in Windows 11.I think screen...
  4. Microsoft voice typing launcher disappears when I start using night mode or dimmer software

Microsoft voice typing launcher disappears when I start using night mode or dimmer software: I expand the problem by making a video and link is available on youtube ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydERFxbj0fUProbably statement:Microsoft voice typing launcher disappears when I start using night mode or dimmer software to dim screen please fix my problem I want that...
  5. Microsoft voice typing launcher disappears when I start using night mode or dimmer software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft voice typing launcher disappears when I start using night mode or dimmer software: I expand the problem by making a video and link is available on youtube ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydERFxbj0fUProbably statement:Microsoft voice typing launcher disappears when I start using night mode or dimmer software to dim screen please fix my problem I want that...
  6. why do software icons keep disappearing?

why do software icons keep disappearing?: every now and then this sort of thing happens. There shouldn't be anything wrong with the software. So what is causing this? and how can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-software-icons-keep-disappearing/600e6a01-c629-42c0-a377-0203ab3c7945
  7. why do software icons keep disappearing?

in Windows 10 Customization
    why do software icons keep disappearing?: every now and then this sort of thing happens. There shouldn't be anything wrong with the software. So what is causing this? and how can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-software-icons-keep-disappearing/600e6a01-c629-42c0-a377-0203ab3c7945
  8. why do software icons keep disappearing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Software disappears from Windows 7 System Registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Software disappears from Windows 7 System Registry: On my Windows 7 PC I have installed a Trellix software that contains my web site. All of the sudden I can not open that software and I get an error message that reads as follows: "Failed to create object. Make sure the application is entered in the System Registry." I tried...
  10. Software disappears from Windows 7 System Registry

Software disappears from Windows 7 System Registry: On my Windows 7 PC I have installed a Trellix software that contains my web site. All of the sudden I can not open that software and I get an error message that reads as follows: "Failed to create object. Make sure the application is entered in the System Registry." I tried...