Windows 10: Disc Media Not Reconized

Discus and support Disc Media Not Reconized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; From another post in the community.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AaronPI, Mar 5, 2020.

1. AaronPI Win User

Disc Media Not Reconized

From another post in the community. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...s-not-recognized-by-windows-or-other-programs

I have tried:

*uninstalled BD-rom driver Rebooting,

*uninstalled ATA Drivers Rebooting

*Checked for Upper and lower limits to delete in the Registry which are not present.

*added the Controller0 entery for the atapi registry.

None of which has solved the issue.

Windows will not recognize Blu ray, DVD, Disc, etc. if Desktop was booted without any disc in the drive, however, if a Blu ray is present in the drive before booting, the media will be recognized and played, i also can then swap out with a blank disc and burn music to a disc.

Even a blank disc won't be detected if booted with and empty drive.

:)

AaronPI, Mar 5, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Bree, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Burning photos to a CD Disc

Hi Jimmy,

We suggest that you use Windows Media Player to burn the images. Please follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Media Player.
    • In the Player Library > Burn tab > select
      Burn options
    • Choose Audio CD or Data CD or DVD.
    • Insert a blank disc into your CD or DVD burner. (Select the drive you want to use if your PC has more than one CD or DVD drive)
    • Search for the items in your Player Library that you want to burn to the disc, and then drag them to the list pane (on the right side of the Player Library) to create a burn list.
    • When you're finished with the list, select Start burn.
    Note: If necessary, click the Clear list button to remove all items from the previous burn list.

Let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Mar 5, 2020
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Disc Media Not Reconized

Windows Media Player can"t detect a disc

Hi
    Ginamontenegro

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• What is the format of the Disk?
    • Do you receive any error message when you insert the disk?
    • Have you checked if the disk is working in any other PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Starting the service.

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type Services.msc and hit enter.
    3. Search for “Shell Hardware Detection".
    4. Right click on the service, select Properties > Change Startup type to Automatic.
    5. Click on Start to start the service > Click on Apply and Ok.

Method 2: Run the Inbuilt troubleshooter.

1. Click on the Settings icon from the start menu.
    2. Click on Updates and Security> Click on Troubleshoot from the left panel of the window.
    3. Click on Hardware and Devices > Click on Run the troubleshooter.
    4. Follow the on screen instructions and check if it fixes the issue.

If you are able to view other discs except one, then the issue could be with the disc that you are trying to access. There could also be a possibility that the format of the media is not supported by Windows
    Media Player. However, to check if the CD\DVD drive is working fine, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Your CD or DVD drive
    is not recognized by Windows or other programs.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

Disc Media Not Reconized

1. Disc Media Not Reconized - Similar Threads - Disc Media Reconized

2. Windows 10 is not reconizing blank disc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 is not reconizing blank disc: I have a new HP with Windows 10 installed on it. I am trying to burn some music to a disc. Everytime i put a blank disc in its spits it out and says the disc is not Blank. HOWEVER, IT IS BLANK. Please help. Thank you,...
  3. drive not being reconized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    drive not being reconized: 3TB WD external drive being Recognized in device Manager but wont show up on MyPC so i can access files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-not-being-reconized/0c4cb3c2-7407-46cb-a471-e3ae9c9b6081
  4. Not reconizing LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not reconizing LAN: All of a sudden Windows 10 does not find my LAN device. I have tried all I know and have found but, nothing works for me. None of my test even find my network or IP address. It's as if there is not a LAN installed. At startup the connection at the computer blinks orange...
  5. not being reconized as adminstrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not being reconized as adminstrator: When I try to delete this program it tells me this. folder access denied you need permission to perform this action you require permission from DESKTOP - S65GENT\rpowe to make changes to this folder I am the sole user of this computer and am the administrator. How do...
  6. Windows Media Player Disc Burning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Media Player Disc Burning: I have a pair of DVD-RW players on my computer and would like to copy Audio CDs; when I am in the "burn" setting and try to drag files to create a burn list, it won't let me: I get a red circle with a slash through it. None of the instruction guides mention even the...
  7. Windows Media Player/Disc Burning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player/Disc Burning: Hello everyone I have a Windows 10 PC that was purchased in August of 2018. When using Windows Media Player, I am only able to burn one CD and Windows Media Player stops recognizing blank media. I have to exit the application and re-launch in order for it to recognize any...
  8. my book not reconized

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my book not reconized: Just started to work than all sudden does not work anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/my-book-not-reconized/875c5901-f6ae-4fee-a453-57e95365dd1f
  9. ghost recon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ghost recon: hi there i have just recently upgraded too windows 10 from 8.1 . having some bother trying too rteinstall some off the games i play , i cant seem too get ghost recon future soldier installed, anyone have ant ideas p[lz? thanks would be real appreciated.......regards john 44990
  10. dvd drive not reconized

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    dvd drive not reconized: Error message says module not installed. After upgrading i was supposed to receive KB3051704 update to correct this problem. Is that what's wrong or something else. Please help. I need to be able to use the dvd drive. I never received the update. 41957