Windows 10: Dismiss Windows 10 Notifications using a Keyboard shortcut instantly

Discus and support Dismiss Windows 10 Notifications using a Keyboard shortcut instantly in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Until now, there was no quick way of getting rid of annoying Windows 10 notifications. Luckily, a new shortcut enables you to get them under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 29, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Dismiss Windows 10 Notifications using a Keyboard shortcut instantly

WinClub, Jan 29, 2020
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Cannot open notifications only dismiss them

Windows 10 Desktop (mouse and keyboard, no touch)

Notifications show up on screen and in the notification centrecorrectly, however clicking anywhere on the notification instantly dismisses it - it does not open the notification. I am being careful to avoid the 'X' button. this happens in both the desktop
    screen and in the notification centre.

Items which appear in the notification centre which have a drop down 'expand' button will expand, but either way, clicking on it dismisses it.

I had thought this was an app problem, but it happens in every notification (USB disk autoplay, Band sync connection, mail etc) I've tried a different mouse (original DID have a dodgy left button I thought might be causing this, but second one gives the
    same results)

This functions normally on my Win 10 Surface Pro 2, and all the notification settings I can see are the same.

Any idea's greatly appreciated.

Martin Crosbie, Jan 29, 2020
  4. essenbe Win User

essenbe, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Dismiss Windows 10 Notifications using a Keyboard shortcut instantly - Similar Threads - Dismiss Notifications using

2. How do I dismiss notifications?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I dismiss notifications?: It seems the only to dismiss notifications is to individually click on each one which then opens the appropriate app. If I have say, 15 email notifications I have to click on the email notification 15 times to dismiss it entirely. This is super annoying and there must be a...
  3. How do I dismiss notifications?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I dismiss notifications?: It seems the only to dismiss notifications is to individually click on each one which then opens the appropriate app. If I have say, 15 email notifications I have to click on the email notification 15 times to dismiss it entirely. This is super annoying and there must be a...
  4. Onedrive notification can't be dismissed in Windows Security settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Onedrive notification can't be dismissed in Windows Security settings: Hello,As you can see in the image, I am unable to press the dismiss button to remove the popup and the notification in the task bar.Onedrive notification can't be dismissed in Windows Security settings.I would like to know if Microsoft has a plan to allow us to remove the...
  5. Onedrive notification can't be dismissed in Windows Security settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive notification can't be dismissed in Windows Security settings: Hello,As you can see in the image, I am unable to press the dismiss button to remove the popup and the notification in the task bar.Onedrive notification can't be dismissed in Windows Security settings.I would like to know if Microsoft has a plan to allow us to remove the...
  6. Onedrive notification can't be dismissed in Windows Security settings

7. 10 useful Windows key keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    10 useful Windows key keyboard shortcuts: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jenmsft [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f0w45n/10_useful_windows_key_keyboard_shortcuts/
  8. Disable Windows notification bar keyboard shortcut

Disable Windows notification bar keyboard shortcut: I'm playing a full-screen game and the Windows notification bar on the right opens up. Why? Is there a custom shortcut? How do I disable it? 88397
  9. Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts: I was playing around with windows 10 and manage to work on some keyboard short cuts and couldn't think of where to put them in here, so I chose here.. You probably already know about Ctrl + C and Ctrl +V (copy and paste) Keyboard Shortcuts ----- Action Windows key + A...
  10. Assign Keyboard Shortcut to Shortcuts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Assign Keyboard Shortcut to Shortcuts in Windows 10: How to: Assign Keyboard Shortcut to Shortcuts in Windows 10 How to Assign Keyboard Shortcut to Shortcuts in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can assign a keyboard shortcut (aka: shortcut key) to a shortcut on your desktop, taskbar, and Start menu. When...