Windows 10: Display and driver issue after updating to Windows 10 1903 build version.

Discus and support Display and driver issue after updating to Windows 10 1903 build version. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a computer running Win10 x64 (1809) just fine. It is an old machine and I needed to manually select the driver for the GPU (Radeon HD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AsheenLevrai, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Display and driver issue after updating to Windows 10 1903 build version.

Hi,

I have a computer running Win10 x64 (1809) just fine.

It is an old machine and I needed to manually select the driver for the GPU (Radeon HD 5750) since the driver automatically selected by Windows didn't work so well... But again, everything runs smoothly on 1809. ...Well, except that I had to disable sleep, otherwise the monitor wouldn't turn back on (computer still reachable via VNC/RDP) but that's just a detail...

Now I tried to update to 1903 and it seemed to go fine. I can reach the login screen (and stay there for hours...) and everything is OK until I enter the password.

When I enter the password, I can see the desktop for a couple seconds and then the computer crashes (either a graphic glitch-> reboot, or an error message->reboot).

I thought : "Well windows tried to update the GPU driver and now everything is screwed up"... (but is the GPU driver really only loaded after the user logs in? I assumed it would be loaded sooner during the boot process.)

I rebooted into safe mode and went to the device manager. There were a bunch of yellow triangles now:

- monitor (generic non-PNP)

- GPU

- Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth

- AMD high definition Audio device

- Cirrus Logic CS4206A (AB24)

- Microsoft Hyper-V Virtualization Infrastructure Driver

Well... that doesn't look promising...

I tried to manually replace the GPU driver (in safe mode) by the one for the Radeon HD 5750 (picked from a list) but upon reboot I don't get any improvement (graphic glitch -> reboot)...

- Because of the monitor driver issue?

- Because of the other driver issues?

I then rolled back to 1809 and tried the following:

- Prevent windows from updating the GPU driver according to this method (group policies):

https://www.howtogeek.com/263851/how-to-prevent-windows-from-automatically-updating-specific-drivers/

However, after updating to 1903 again, I still get the same issue. And now the GPU is detected as a generic VGA adapter in safe mode.

- Does this mean the method to prevent driver update didn't work?

- Does this mean the problem is not only dependent on the GPU driver issue?

I don't know what to try now. I am not sure what the cause(s) of my problem(s) is/are.

Can anyone help me sort all that mess out?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Best,

-a-

PS: I actually experience this problem on 6 different computers made from either identical or very similar parts.

***Modified Title from: Driver issue after update 1809 -> 1903***

:)

AsheenLevrai, Jun 6, 2019

2. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 6, 2019
  3. MrSleazey Win User
    What build version is Windows 10 Update 1903?

My Windows 10 Pro desktop shows "Build 17763.rs5_release.180914.1434" in the lower left corner.

I finally got Windows 10 Feature update version 1903 installed after several tries.

Windows update shows it as installed, and that my Windows installation is up-to-date.

Is this the correct build number for 1903?

MrSleazey, Jun 6, 2019
  4. Hood Win User

Display and driver issue after updating to Windows 10 1903 build version.

Windows 10 nVidia Driver Question

With the Nov Update, Windows 10 became mature enough to give another try. Build 10586 (version 1511) runs great, feels snappy, and has no obvious problems. However, I'm concerned with this version's insistence on loading nVidia's 353.54 driver, which is dated July 13 2015, 4 months ago. On their US website they list all the new drivers as being compatible with Windows 10, (such as 358.91), but they won't load (installer says incompatible with this version of Windows, could find no compatible hardware...). The 353.54 driver runs games without any problems, but why is it taking so long to for nVidia to update this driver? Is it my 780 Ti that's incompatible or is it Windows 10?

Hood, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

Display and driver issue after updating to Windows 10 1903 build version.

1. Display and driver issue after updating to Windows 10 1903 build version. - Similar Threads - Display driver issue

2. Update Issues After Installing Version 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Issues After Installing Version 1903: After version 1903 finished installingI put off updating for a long time, I went to see if there were more updates that I should install. I tried downloading and installing them, but that failed. [ATTACH] I then went to the Troubleshoot menu and selected the Windows Update...
  3. Network issue after Windows 10, version 1903 update version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network issue after Windows 10, version 1903 update version 10.0.18362 Build 18362: After restart the Network icon changed to a globe, it said I didn't have Internet access but I did. Normally my networks SSID displays, but that no longer does. Some .NET Framework 3.5 4.8 cumulative updates came up so I applied them, after the restart, the original...
  4. Windows 10 - Version 1903 - OS Build 18362.295 Icons not displayed on some apps after update.

Windows 10 - Version 1903 - OS Build 18362.295 Icons not displayed on some apps after update.: Windows 10 - Version 1903 - OS Build 18362.295 Icons not displayed on some apps after update After update application icons missing and get standard dialog box. Lenovo Laptop - Also can't open Lenovo Vantage since update. Window opens and just loads....
  5. Windows Update (Version 1903 Build 18362.267) installed ancient Intel Display Driver

Windows Update (Version 1903 Build 18362.267) installed ancient Intel Display Driver: Hi all, today my Windows Update installed an ancient Intel Graphis Driver. I'm on a Lenovo X1 and had the latest driver (signed by Lenovo) installed. The version of the driver was 26.20.100.6913 from early Jun 2019. Running Windows Update this morning brazenly installed...
  6. Gaming Issues after updating Windows 10 Build 1903

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming Issues after updating Windows 10 Build 1903: I was trying to play State of Decay 2 (SoD2) but the game won't load just crashed at the logo. In the event viewer it says twinapi.appcore.dll (version 10.0.18362.1) was the cause of it. When I loaded it with older version (10.0.17134.137 and it causes my PC rendered unstable...
  7. Version 1903 display issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Version 1903 display issue: By default my monitor's gamma is far too low for my liking and its in built gamma options literally don't do anything so within windows I went through the "calibrate display colour" steps and increased the gamma, problem solved. However since I updated to 1903 a very weird...
  8. What build version is Windows 10 Update 1903?

What build version is Windows 10 Update 1903?: My Windows 10 Pro desktop shows "Build 17763.rs5_release.180914.1434" in the lower left corner. I finally got Windows 10 Feature update version 1903 installed after several tries. Windows update shows it as installed, and that my Windows installation is up-to-date. Is...
  9. Issues with Display after 1903 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with Display after 1903 update: After i upgraded my Windows 10 to 1903v, my graphics card ( NVIDIA 105M ) randomly stop working some times, and even when I'm browsing the internet I'm getting a black bars sometimes and i have never saw this bug in 1809v. - I tried clean GPU installation. - restarting the...
  10. update to windows 10 version 1903 issue

update to windows 10 version 1903 issue: please fiax this update problems.thank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-to-windows-10-version-1903-issue/0ebec7ec-d442-4cc3-90c7-9b03bf3ea977

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 not loading intel display drivers

2. does toshiba display utility work in windows 10 version 1903

3. windows10 1903 display driver

4. win 10 1903 display driver