Windows 10: Display Brightness Automatically Changing.

Discus and support Display Brightness Automatically Changing. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So, Posting here because I'm unsure as to whether this is Intel Software, Hardware, Mobo, Display, OS or Driver related. I've trawled Google and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by adz7, Nov 29, 2019.

1. adz7 Win User

Display Brightness Automatically Changing.

So,

Posting here because I'm unsure as to whether this is Intel Software, Hardware, Mobo, Display, OS or Driver related.

I've trawled Google and tried multiple fixes but I still have this strange issue. For no rhyme or reason my display has been automatically adjusting itself aggressively when I switch between explorer windows, the desktop, chrome tabs or even scrolling down web pages (appears to dim more when the screen has lots of white and text, then brightness picks up with more graphics or images on the page). My PC is connected by HDMI 1.4 to my LG OLED, I have even rest the TV to Factory Default and it's still doing it. I've also tried Edge just to rule out a Chrome specific problem and it still does it.

I have had this issue before on an Dell laptop and that's when I first discovered 'Adaptive Brightness' so that was my first instinct. However I'm on a desktop PC not a laptop so I have no battery or power options for that available.

I then started hunting through the Intel Graphics software for any power saving options, nothing.

Under services.msc I located 'Display Enhancement Service' and 'Sensor Monitoring Service' and disabled both of those.

I'm stumped - if I have no Adaptive Brightness option, no adaptive contrast option, no GFX power saving options, no 'Adjust video based on lighting setting' - how do I fix this?
    I've also tried to reinstate the Adaptive Brightness option so I can disable it as directed in this link but still no joy: Enable or Disable Adaptive Brightness in Windows 10

I have the latest OS updates, Chrome and GFX drivers installed. The OLED TV power saving is all switched off and it doesn't do this when watching discs or cable.

Probably doesn't help much as the phone camera doesn't detect it very well but here is a short video of the issue: https://youtu.be/BNOg9q6MM04

Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

2. Brightness changing problem

Hi,

Changing the screen brightness on your laptop can be adjusted by going to
    System > Display
    where you can use the slider to adjust the brightness. If your PC supports, you may also let Windows to automatically adjust the screen brightness according to the current lighting condition by enabling
    Change brightness automatically when lighting changes.

If you've already the tried the suggestions above but the screen brightness still doesn't change, then we suggest updating the display drivers. Please see

Update drivers in Windows 10
    for the steps on how to update the drivers.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 29, 2019
  3. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Display Brightness Automatically Changing.

automatic brightness in Microsoft Lumia 950XL

The red light is for the face / iris sensor. To know more about Windows Hello and Privacy, you can refer on this

link

For the brightness issue that you're experiencing, we suggest that you follow the steps given below:

• Turn Off Automatically adjust display
      brightness.

• Perform a soft reset to refresh your device. Press and hold Volume Down+Power
      button until phone vibrates and restarts.
    • Turn On Automatically adjust display brightness again.

If issue still persist, your device light sensor maybe malfunctioning and may require repair/replacement.

Update us on the result.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

Display Brightness Automatically Changing.

1. Display Brightness Automatically Changing. - Similar Threads - Display Brightness Automatically

2. Brightness changed automatically in browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness changed automatically in browsers: I was browsing on Chrome, and as I scroll up and down on the webpage, the brightness is changed automatically. Microsoft Edge is having the same issue. I went to my display setting, there is only the slider on my brightness, there is no option to turn on or off the "adaptive...
  3. Brightness changed automatically in browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness changed automatically in browsers: I was browsing on Chrome, and as I scroll up and down on the webpage, the brightness is changed automatically. Microsoft Edge is having the same issue. I went to my display setting, there is only the slider on my brightness, there is no option to turn on or off the "adaptive...
  4. Brightness automatically set to 0 when display orientation changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness automatically set to 0 when display orientation changed: I have a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 laptop.Recently, whenever i change the display orientation Either automatically when i flipped the device, or manually from control panel, the display's brightness would set to 0. It wasn't much problem in laptop mode since i can increase the...
  5. Brightness automatically set to 0 when display orientation changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness automatically set to 0 when display orientation changed: I have a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 laptop.Recently, whenever i change the display orientation Either automatically when i flipped the device, or manually from control panel, the display's brightness would set to 0. It wasn't much problem in laptop mode since i can increase the...
  6. Can't change display brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change display brightness: Earlier this week I tried installing f.lux and realized it didn't work, so I tried some solutions for f.lux. Then today I tried to change my brightness on my computer and realized that doesn't work either. I looked up some solutions and tried reinstalling both of my display...
  7. Laptop Brightness Changing Automatically.

Laptop Brightness Changing Automatically.: I have a hp pavilion laptop.For the last few days i see the laptop brightness increase to the max without pressing any key.It would be good if anyone can help me...
  8. display brightness cannot be changed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display brightness cannot be changed: I tried reinstalling my drivers but still I cannot adjust the brightness of my lap https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-brightness-cannot-be-changed/5c97f00d-7966-4c96-89be-ee037afbcd64
  9. Unable to change display brightness

Unable to change display brightness: The problem is simple to explain - display brightness can't be changed. Brightness slider isn't accessible anywhere. Not in the action center, not in the settings. I've followed every tutorial on the internet but still, I can't make the slider appear. There is a slider in...
  10. Can I change the display brightness automatically when switching to battery?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I change the display brightness automatically when switching to battery?: The current release of W10 keeps the same brightness when switching from power to battery and back. This used to be standard functionality that was removed a few releases ago. I always forget to adjust and only realise 3 hours into a 10 hour flight :( when the laptop goes...