Windows 10: Display configuration on enhanced session Hyper V

Discus and support Display configuration on enhanced session Hyper V in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have enabled the Enhanced session on the Hyper-V manager and the Guest services in the integration services. The below screen shows up once i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nightearth, May 20, 2020.

1. Display configuration on enhanced session Hyper V

I have enabled the Enhanced session on the Hyper-V manager and the Guest services in the integration services.

The below screen shows up once i reboot the server but i forgot to press show option to enable PNP.

Is there a way to open the below screen again please.

Display configuration on enhanced session Hyper V 2f109bce-e011-460f-a7d6-6aa8c31896ee?upload=true.jpg

:)

nightearth, May 20, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode 'Intercept' Stopped Working

The RDP config file for a VM is only created when enhanced mode settings are saved. If user switches to enhanced mode without saving the settings, no RDP configuration file will be created.

To save configuration, first switch to enhanced mode:

Display configuration on enhanced session Hyper V [​IMG]

Click Show Options:

Select Save my settings and click Connect:

In normal mode, resolution can be changed exactly as on physical machines, right click on desktop and select Display Settings.

When switching to enhanced mode on a VM with no configuration saved, use the slider in VM Connect window to set resolution:

3. Kari Win User

As I said in my previous post, enhanced mode ONLY works on virtual machines with Windows 8.1 or later. See the note in beginning of this tutorial: Turn On or Off Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode in Windows 10 | Tutorials

4. hanks Win User

Display configuration on enhanced session Hyper V

WIN 10 build 1809. Very strange problem. Hyper-V was working fine with enhanced sessions and then went south. Checked Hyper-v settings and both Server -- > Enhanced Session Mode Policy and User --> Enhanced Session Mode are checked. With new virtual machines there is no opportunity to set resolution, etc.
    Turning off and on enhanced settings -- no joy. There are no files in the vmconnect directory that correspond to my present VMs, only one old one vmconnect.rdp.xxxxxxxxxx.
    I need to change the video size for my existing vm's, but cannot. For a Linux VM I managed to change the video size by modifying the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT in Linux.
    Another important piece: I also use viboot under Macrium to create VMs from backups and it works perfectly:
    the enhanced box pops up on every start to change parameters. Macrium uses Hyper as a back end.
    Why isn't hyper-v creating vmconnect.rdp files for new VMs? What can I do to further troubleshoot this issue?

hanks, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Display configuration on enhanced session Hyper V

1. Display configuration on enhanced session Hyper V - Similar Threads - Display configuration enhanced

2. How to force enhanced session mode on Hyper V

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to force enhanced session mode on Hyper V: Before posting, i read from learn.microsoft about Hyper-V, i have also read most of "Introduction to Hyper-V on Windows 10" pdf as well.However i am missing something..The thing goes like this:I have a Win10 Pro desktop. and want to use Hyper-V to install linux OS.From the...
  3. How to force enhanced session mode on Hyper V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to force enhanced session mode on Hyper V: Before posting, i read from learn.microsoft about Hyper-V, i have also read most of "Introduction to Hyper-V on Windows 10" pdf as well.However i am missing something..The thing goes like this:I have a Win10 Pro desktop. and want to use Hyper-V to install linux OS.From the...
  4. How to force enhanced session mode on Hyper V

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hyper-V enhanced session working but device offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V enhanced session working but device offline: Hello all, I have a small issue with hyper-v on windows 11. I installed W11 on my main machine and another copy on hyper-V, in case there are something fishy or malicious I need to click or download. The enhanced session works correctly so far but I have problems connecting...
  6. Hyper-V enhanced session working but device offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V enhanced session working but device offline: Hello all, I have a small issue with hyper-v on windows 11. I installed W11 on my main machine and another copy on hyper-V, in case there are something fishy or malicious I need to click or download. The enhanced session works correctly so far but I have problems connecting...
  7. Hyper-V's enhance session does not work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper-V's enhance session does not work.: Hello, I use Hyper-V on Windows 10 education version 1909. All enhance session parts in Hyper-V setting are enabled. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] but the icon of enhance session in connection's window does not appear. I want to use the sound device in my VM with this,...
  8. Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode 'Intercept' Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode 'Intercept' Stopped Working: WIN 10 build 1809. Very strange problem. Hyper-V was working fine with enhanced sessions and then went south. Checked Hyper-v settings and both Server -- > Enhanced Session Mode Policy and User --> Enhanced Session Mode are checked. With new virtual machines there is no...
  9. Hyper-V in Windows 10 1709 FCU, enhanced session not working?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V in Windows 10 1709 FCU, enhanced session not working?: I have a fresh install of Windows 10 1709 Education N, and using the same image I made a Gen2 VM in Hyper-V. I thought something was off and then I noticed that enhanced mode wasn't on at all, and it is greyed out in the menu. It is enabled in Hyper-V settings. I only found...
  10. Turn On or Off Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode in Windows 10 Hyper-V enables running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host. These virtualized systems (aka: guests) can be used and...