Windows 10: dmis string

Discus and support dmis string in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I ran an sfc/scannow and it revealed corrupted files that could not be fixed. I tried to run a dmis but could not get the source correct. I upgraded to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by paterson0461, Feb 27, 2016.

1. dmis string

I ran an sfc/scannow and it revealed corrupted files that could not be fixed. I tried to run a dmis but could not get the source correct. I upgraded to windows 10 and don'y know what the correct string is. Please help!
    Thanks,
    Harvey Stobezki

:)

paterson0461, Feb 27, 2016

2. ERROR CODE 0X80240439

For my case, it was a BIOS DMI string problem. I've tried every single solution suggested including powershell scripts. None worked. (Windows 10 Pro, Version 1703, OS Build 15063.608, Creators Update, x64)

To confirm if you have a similar problem, please click and check out the following registry entry using regedit:

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\BIOS

In the right side of the window, you'll see some values. (e.g. SystemFamily, SystemManufacturer, SystemProductName)

My "SystemProductName" was ending with two unprintable (rectangular chars)

It is not as easy as removing these chars alone from registry since Windows reloads them every time you boot.

I have removed those two weirdos (unprintable characters) from corresponding BIOS DMI OEM string using a DMI Editor for my BIOS and confirmed that after the next boot, the registry entry was as I've corrected. Did another "Windows Update Troubleshooter".

Now, everything is back to normal. It seems like our licensed copy of Windows does an authentication attempt using some of our BIOS values (or let's say their corresponding registry entries gathered from BIOS) and it neither kisses nor tells unprintable
    BIOS characters.

selcuk_ogutcu, Feb 27, 2016
  3. gogabs156 Win User
    Dual monitors

I got 1 hdmi 1 vga and 2 dmi ports so do I have to connect both dmi ports?

also I tried setting up a monitor with a single dmi port but it didn't work.

gogabs156, Feb 27, 2016
  4. Word Man Win User

dmis string

Welcome to TenForums, Harvey. *Smile

Have you had a look at this TenForums tutorial on how to do DISM repair? Follow this link: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7...-10-image.html

Word Man, Feb 27, 2016
  5. Thanks for the direction.

Harvey

paterson0461, Feb 27, 2016
  6. Word Man Win User
    You're welcome Harvey.

There are many options in that tutorial and you can either post back to this thread with questions, or post questions in the lengthy thread that follows the tutorial (if the thread at the tutorial doesn't already answer them).

Word Man, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

dmis string

1. dmis string - Similar Threads - dmis string

2. Files with random strings of letters and numbers.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files with random strings of letters and numbers.: I don't know what Data Base Files do, but I just want confirmation on whether or not these files are safe. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-with-random-strings-of-letters-and-numbers/3f456c01-dfa6-4e67-bddf-6e3fd21df0ca
  3. remove a small box with green arrow "finalize the string"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove a small box with green arrow "finalize the string": It's called the finalize the string box; it only appears when we are using a different type called the "Input Method Editor" keyboard in any language. It seems like because of IME or something, we can't turn it off. I keep looking for solutions, but nothing actually works...
  4. remove a small box with green arrow "finalize the string"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remove a small box with green arrow "finalize the string": It's called the finalize the string box; it only appears when we are using a different type called the "Input Method Editor" keyboard in any language. It seems like because of IME or something, we can't turn it off. I keep looking for solutions, but nothing actually works...
  5. Find String QGREP Utility high cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find String QGREP Utility high cpu: Hi I dont understand why but when I turn on the computer, it automatically runs Find String QGREP Utility. I have tried all the ways I found but they dont work....
  6. Find String QGREP Utility high cpu

Find String QGREP Utility high cpu: Hi I dont understand why but when I turn on the computer, it automatically runs Find String QGREP Utility. I have tried all the ways I found but they dont work....
  7. Find String QGREP Utility high cpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Unhandled Exception has Occurred in Microsoft .NET Framework Input string was not in a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unhandled Exception has Occurred in Microsoft .NET Framework Input string was not in a...: I am taking this error for a gameSee the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at...
  9. Unhandled Exception has Occurred in Microsoft .NET Framework Input string was not in a...

Unhandled Exception has Occurred in Microsoft .NET Framework Input string was not in a...: I am taking this error for a gameSee the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at...
  10. Windows Hangs while running macros from PC-Dmis metrology Software.............

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Hangs while running macros from PC-Dmis metrology Software.............: [ATTACH] when i try to execute my macro's " CYPRESS ENABLE SCRIPTING LANGUAGE " form inside the pc-dmis software, The application gets crashes................ but i can able to execute the same script file in the prvevious version which is "2018". Description A problem...