Windows 10: Do I need to uninstall Windows Defender from this PC before doing a (Norton Antivirus)...

Discus and support Do I need to uninstall Windows Defender from this PC before doing a (Norton Antivirus)... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows Defender is on this PC and I want to remove it so I can install the free Norton Anti Virus from Comcast. Is that necessary and how do I do it ?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ThomasSchmidt13, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Do I need to uninstall Windows Defender from this PC before doing a (Norton Antivirus)...

Windows Defender is on this PC and I want to remove it so I can install the free Norton Anti Virus from Comcast. Is that necessary and how do I do it ?

:)

ThomasSchmidt13, Nov 21, 2018
  2. Le Boule Win User

Windows Antivirus enabled Norton Antivirus disabled?

Assuming you've got Norton installed...

Two suggestions to try.

I use Malwarebytes Free (also have Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit) with Windows Defender and there are no conflicts.

But you may want to seek advice from Norton about using Malwarebytes products concurrently with Norton programs

Regards...

Le Boule, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Windows 10 update replaced Norton Antivirus with Defender

I had a major update to Windows 10 automatically today. And now it says my Norton Antivirus is out of date (which is isn't) and has started Defender -- and I can't start my Norton Antivirus. So annoying. It has also wiped out my backup list of my Mozyhome
    backup!

MarkHereward, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Le Boule Win User

Do I need to uninstall Windows Defender from this PC before doing a (Norton Antivirus)...

Windows Defender tags Norton Antivirus as Trojan:HTML/Phish.R Threat

See
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/wda-v-nis-conflict/89293107-feb6-4a92-8273-08fb5a9a6d83

Defender should be disabled by the presence of Norton.

Did you try an uninstall/reinstall of Norton?

Did you seek advice from the Norton Forum?

Windows Defender flagging Norton files as severe | Norton Community

If you wish to use Norton for antivirus protection you may need to turn Windows Defender “off.”
    Turn On or Off Windows Defender in Windows 10 Option
    Two should do it.

If you want to use Defender you should uninstall Norton and run the Norton Removal Tool:
    List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

Regards…

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them.

Le Boule, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

Do I need to uninstall Windows Defender from this PC before doing a (Norton Antivirus)...

1. Do I need to uninstall Windows Defender from this PC before doing a (Norton Antivirus)... - Similar Threads - need uninstall Defender

2. How do I uninstall Microsoft Defender Antivirus Definition updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I uninstall Microsoft Defender Antivirus Definition updates?: The power went out and came back on, and my laptop has been saying how it cannot determine the ac adapter wattage and type. This happened before when my laptop was updating and shutting down, and the power went out. The same message appeared, and I found out that I just had...
  3. How do I uninstall Microsoft Defender Antivirus Definition updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I uninstall Microsoft Defender Antivirus Definition updates?: The power went out and came back on, and my laptop has been saying how it cannot determine the ac adapter wattage and type. This happened before when my laptop was updating and shutting down, and the power went out. The same message appeared, and I found out that I just had...
  4. How do I uninstall Microsoft Defender Antivirus Definition updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Uninstalled Windows Defender Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Uninstalled Windows Defender Antivirus: My windows defender antivirus got accidentally uninstalled, a week had passed before I was able to notice it, can I reinstall my windows defender antivirus back? Do I have to install a new version? Do I have to pay for it or is it free? Is it safe to download this program...
  6. Do I need to uninstall Nortons before 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do I need to uninstall Nortons before 2004 update: Has anybody needed to uninstall Norton Security Suite from Comcast before installing Windows 10 2004 update? I get an error trying to do the update and it was suggested on this forum that I need to uninstall Nortons....
  7. This happened to my Windows Defender after I uninstalled Norton, what do I do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This happened to my Windows Defender after I uninstalled Norton, what do I do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jobinmatt [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fupgue/this_happened_to_my_windows_defender_after_i/
  8. Do I Need Another Antivirus

Do I Need Another Antivirus: Please do i need to install another Antivirus or is the Window Defender good enough to scan and fix all virus in my pc [Original Title: Antivirus] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/do-i-need-another-antivirus/ad191c03-5954-440d-875f-04fa7619a0ea
  9. How do I start windows defender with Norton?

How do I start windows defender with Norton?: I just downloaded and installed the latest version of Norton AV, Now the windows Defender icon has a red X and says action needed. I cant start it from the control panel, how do I start it through Norton? To clarify I mean the windows firewall doesnt seem to be on. 103570
  10. Do I need antivirus?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Do I need antivirus?: From my question you will doubtless realize I'm new to virtual machines. I've just installed VMWare Player and W10 TP. On my host system I have Emsisoft Internet Security running. I have no idea whether this will also protect my VM setup or if I need separate firewall...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do i unistall the microsoft antivirus before installing norton in windows 7

2. need to disable windows defender after instal norton

3. do i need to unistall windows security to install norton

4. do I uninstall windows defender to install norton,
  5. uninstall windows defender before installing new,
  6. do i need to unistall windows defender before installing bitdefender,
  7. do i need too disable windows defender when installing norton,
  8. do I need to uninstall microsoft security before installing norton,
  9. do i need to uninstall microsoft security essentials before installing Norton,
  10. how to install norton on computer with windows defender,
  11. do I need Windows Defender on with Norton,
  12. do we need to keep windows defender with norton?,
  13. will removing norton security remove any of windows defender,
  14. do i need antivirus as well as defender norton,
  15. do you need to remove windows defender to install norton