Windows 10: do we still need to update password for task scheduler in windows?

Discus and support do we still need to update password for task scheduler in windows? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, would like to confirm if we still need to update passwords in task scheduler in case we change the password of a user account / service account?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EmmanuelCapucao, Jul 7, 2019.

1. do we still need to update password for task scheduler in windows?

Hello, would like to confirm if we still need to update passwords in task scheduler in case we change the password of a user account / service account? I tried it on a scheduled job running in a domain account and changed the password of the AD account. Still, the job ran successfully without updating the task scheduled job.

:)

EmmanuelCapucao, Jul 7, 2019
  2. Agrippa Win User

Using Task Scheduler without a password

I have Win10 64bit Home Edition.

I was following your tutorial for using Task Scheduler to provide automatic scheduling for System Restore. When I reached the final stage it failed. The error message suggested that this was because I was using a blank password.

A bit of googling showed that to use a blank password I needed to amend the Local Security Policy using secpol or gpedit. I cannot access them on my PC - past experience suggests that they are not allowed in Home Edition.

Is there any way for me to use a blank password in Task Scheduler? I am the only person with access to my PC and having to use a password for Windows is simply a piece of unnecessary hassle.

Agrippa, Jul 7, 2019
  3. Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jul 7, 2019
  4. do we still need to update password for task scheduler in windows?

Task Scheduler service will not start.

Thank you for updating us. If Task Scheduler will not start, we suggest that you restart it. The service might be disabled that's why the task will not run. Follow the steps below to troubleshoot Task Scheduler.

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Services in the Start Search box.
    • Right-Click Services, and select Run as Administrator.
    • If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click
      Continue.
    • Right-click the Task Scheduler Service and select Restart.
    And have you tried running the System File Checker scan as an Administrator. For more information check this
    article. You can also perform DISM after performing SFC.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

do we still need to update password for task scheduler in windows?

1. do we still need to update password for task scheduler in windows? - Similar Threads - still need update

2. Task scheduler asks for password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task scheduler asks for password: Hi there!When I create a task and select the option 'Run whether user is logged on or not' it asks for an admin user and password, which I don't know.I am the only user for my computer....
  3. Task scheduler asks for password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task scheduler asks for password: Hi there!When I create a task and select the option 'Run whether user is logged on or not' it asks for an admin user and password, which I don't know.I am the only user for my computer....
  4. Task Scheduler Asking for a Password

Task Scheduler Asking for a Password: I'm just putting this here as a new question because I couldn't find a way to respond to the previous questions involving this same issue task scheduler asking for a password; for me, they all seemed to be locked from additional responses. To clarify, this isn't a question,...
  5. Task scheduler needs password when creating a task

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task scheduler needs password when creating a task: I am trying to create a scheduled task. I ran the task scheduler as administrator, I am also logged in as administrator. After I set everything up and click the OK button to create a scheduled task, a box pops up asking for my user name and password. I do not have password...
  6. Task scheduler needs password when creating a task

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task scheduler needs password when creating a task: I am trying to create a scheduled task. I ran the task scheduler as administrator, I am also logged in as administrator. After I set everything up and click the OK button to create a scheduled task, a box pops up asking for my user name and password. I do not have password...
  7. Task scheduler needs password when creating a task

8. Task Scheduler Password

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler Password: When I use to use my task scheduler to create a task I never had to enter a password at the end. I just clicked on the blank space and I was good to go. I recently had a problem with my Desktop PC that required me to do a reinstall of windows 10. Now I get an error message...
  9. Task Scheduler wrong password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler wrong password: When I try to make a task run at startup, I selected run whether user is logged in or not. It then asks for a password, but it says its incorrect. I have tried numerous times but it keeps getting this error. [IMG]...
  10. Password to run task scheduler

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Password to run task scheduler: I am at an absolute loss on this. HOW do you find out which password is necessary to do this?? I enter no password to access my desktop computer running Windows 10 Pro, I've tried running the task scheduler as an admin, the username it's asking for a password to appears to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to update password in task scheduler