Windows 10: .DOCM Ransomware

Discus and support .DOCM Ransomware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A message is displayed in Microsoft word, which indicates "UPDATE AVAILABLE update for office are ready to be installed, but first to close some apps... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by fekri_saleh1, Jun 22, 2019.

1. .DOCM Ransomware

A message is displayed in Microsoft word, which indicates "UPDATE AVAILABLE update for office are ready to be installed, but first to close some apps ", after clicking Update now, another window is displayed "the update will be downloaded in the background". After that all my file encrypted .DOCM. in this link you will find the encrypted, decrypted file and the readme file. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eFarX49ONtzXxiWrlitiLhg3-16m_zRL/view?usp=sharing

.DOCM Ransomware 47d7ec86-7bdc-45ec-907a-6361f2499ca0?upload=true.jpg

I have another PC is infected, the yellow massagebar always display despite the last update of Microsoft threat protection is installed. the malware doesn't begin work until we click Update now. is there any update to detect this virus?

:)

fekri_saleh1, Jun 22, 2019

2. I have been infected with Ransomware

Oh.

I see that a Community Moderator converted your thread from a Discussion to a Question.

Do you have a question?

It is not quite clear (to me at least) why you've created this thread....

In case that you do indeed have a problem with ransomware:

It would be helpful if you would describe your problem more precisely, see:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Without knowing more details, suggestion to read/do:

Try to identify with what Ransomware you're dealing here:
    https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/index.php

and read/follow this guide:
    How to remove ransomware the right way: A step-by-step guide

Also: See the pinned threads here:
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/239/ransomware-help-tech-support/

Might be the best to get free expert help in above mentioned bleepingcomputer forum....

=======================

Also suggestion to read:

Jsssssssss, Jun 22, 2019
  3. .DOCM Ransomware

How do I reset Edge when get ransomware?

What do you mean by "when get ransomware"?

It would be helpful if you would describe your problem more precisely, see:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Without knowing more details, suggestion to read/do:

Try to identify with what Ransomware you're dealing here:
    https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/index.php

and read/follow this guide:
    How to remove ransomware the right way: A step-by-step guide

Also: See the pinned threads here:
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/239/ransomware-help-tech-support/

Might be the best to get free expert help in above mentioned bleepingcomputer forum....

======

For resetting of Edge see:

Jsssssssss, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

.DOCM Ransomware

1. .DOCM Ransomware - Similar Threads - DOCM Ransomware

2. What is the difference between ransomware and Microsoft's Bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the difference between ransomware and Microsoft's Bitlocker?: Not a lot. I have never consented to have Bitlocker on my device and yet I have this mystery code that I am unable to access in order for me to access my own data. And yes I have tried all the useless suggestions from Microsoft. I have just had to pay £150 to have my computer...
  3. What is the difference between ransomware and Microsoft's Bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the difference between ransomware and Microsoft's Bitlocker?: Not a lot. I have never consented to have Bitlocker on my device and yet I have this mystery code that I am unable to access in order for me to access my own data. And yes I have tried all the useless suggestions from Microsoft. I have just had to pay £150 to have my computer...
  4. What is the difference between ransomware and Microsoft's Bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I recover files from a ransomware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover files from a ransomware?: A friend of mine experienced a cyberattack. This is the second time in the last year. The person got hacked.They want to recover their files from a Wiaw ransomware attack. How do they do that? Please help. Their OS is Windows 11 intel i3core desktop....
  6. How do I recover files from a ransomware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I recover files from a ransomware?: A friend of mine experienced a cyberattack. This is the second time in the last year. The person got hacked.They want to recover their files from a Wiaw ransomware attack. How do they do that? Please help. Their OS is Windows 11 intel i3core desktop....
  7. " DOCM " appended to the name of a document that I created since 9/19 2020

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    " DOCM " appended to the name of a document that I created since 9/19 2020: 2/2/2021 Hello: That file name, "DOCM", is absolutely NEW TO ME ! If it is not a VIRUS -- as some other sites mention -- HOW DO I OPEN IT? ? Advanced THANKS for some simple instructions. Have a week safe from COVID19 GÉC...
  8. docm files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    docm files: Some how all my files have been converted to docm files, I dont know how this happened, Is there a way to convert them all back to their original file formats? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/docm-files/3b07402e-a123-495d-ad21-f843299144aa"
  9. Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10: Today, I upgraded a Windows 8 system to Windows 10 Home. All seemed to work well. NOW however, Word 2007 cannot open a .DOCM file that has an embedded Excel spreadsheet object (.XLS). I've never seen such a thing before and I'm lost. There's a bunch of chatter about Security...
  10. Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10: Today, I upgraded a Windows 8 system to Windows 10 Home. All seemed to work well. NOW however, Word 2007 cannot open a .DOCM file that has an embedded Excel spreadsheet object (.XLS). I've never seen such a thing before and I'm lost. There's a bunch of chatter about Security...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. docm file extension security