Windows 10: Documents contents in Document folder completely missing in 1st local admin account after...

Discus and support Documents contents in Document folder completely missing in 1st local admin account after... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I will be most appreciative for advice on how to recover Documents folder only from 1 particular windows 10 account . I had 2 local admin accounts.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JasonMa6, Feb 9, 2020.

1. JasonMa6 Win User

Documents contents in Document folder completely missing in 1st local admin account after...

I will be most appreciative for advice on how to recover Documents folder only from 1 particular windows 10 account .

I had 2 local admin accounts. The account which i am asking for help is the one created during windows 10 setup . Let's call this account A

I deposited data in Documents folder in account A

I created another local admin account and lets call this account B.

In account B, I deleted the account A at User Accounts - Manage another account - choose the account you would to change.

I immediately regretted deleted account A. I shut down the computer immediately when the deletion was still in progress\

In account B, i did a system restore and account A appeared BUT all the contents in Documents folder was completely missing.

i tried 2 free ware and managed to get some pdf files back but the pst files Outlook could not be retrieve. Same for a number of folders in Documents - missing .

Does this means the missing data in Document folder had been completely erased. I am using a solid state hard disk. Does it make matter?

Really need the data back .

:)

JasonMa6, Feb 9, 2020

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Docs folder is C:\Users\me\OneDrive, not local folder : How do I get the local document folder back in the right place?

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) Are you able to view the contents of the local document folder in your system, not in OneDrive folder?

2) Are you trying to copy the contents from OneDrive folder to local system Document folder?

If the content from your local system Document folder is moved to OneDrive Document folder, then I suggest you to open the Document folder under OneDrive, copy the content and save it in Document folder in the system.

You can also restore the default location of the Document folder, if the location is changed.

To restore the default folder location, follow the below steps.

1) Right click on the Document folder.

2) Select the Properties option.

3) Click on the Location tab.

4) Click on Restore Default button.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Documents contents in Document folder completely missing in 1st local admin account after...

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

Kari, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Documents contents in Document folder completely missing in 1st local admin account after... - Similar Threads - Documents contents Document

2. Contents of Documents folder vanished out of nowhere, now in OneDrive Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Contents of Documents folder vanished out of nowhere, now in OneDrive Documents folder: Hi there,Upon returning to my laptop after a few hours, I noticed that a program stored in my documents folder wasn't launching. I looked in Documents and all of the contents except for 2 folders I used today are now gone and transferred to OneDrive even though I usually...
  3. Contents of Documents folder vanished out of nowhere, now in OneDrive Documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Contents of Documents folder vanished out of nowhere, now in OneDrive Documents folder: Hi there,Upon returning to my laptop after a few hours, I noticed that a program stored in my documents folder wasn't launching. I looked in Documents and all of the contents except for 2 folders I used today are now gone and transferred to OneDrive even though I usually...
  4. My local documents folder is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My local documents folder is missing: I unsynched my onedrive account because i want to house my files locally and not use onedrive. Promptly after doing so my documents folder stopped functioning and then disappeared completely. I need this file for game functionality how do i resolve this?...
  5. My local documents folder is missing

My local documents folder is missing: I unsynched my onedrive account because i want to house my files locally and not use onedrive. Promptly after doing so my documents folder stopped functioning and then disappeared completely. I need this file for game functionality how do i resolve this?...
  6. Documents folder and contents completely missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder and contents completely missing: My documents folder has completely vanished without explanation. It is not in the recycle bin nor are its contents, but the entire folder including all contents is completely gone. The shortcut on the side of the File Explorer is still there, but when I click on it I get a...
  7. Documents folder and contents completely missing

Documents folder and contents completely missing: My documents folder has completely vanished without explanation. It is not in the recycle bin nor are its contents, but the entire folder including all contents is completely gone. The shortcut on the side of the File Explorer is still there, but when I click on it I get a...
  8. Missing 'Documents' folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing 'Documents' folder: I just booted up my new PC with an SSD primary drive and a secondary HDD for storage. I was attempting to relocate my default user folders (Documents, Downloads, Music, etc) to the HDD and somehow screwed it up. I started with the Documents folder and realized I had messed...
  9. Lost documents folder contents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost documents folder contents: Hi, after an automatic Windows 10 update all my documents vanished from the Documents folder - I now believe this was because a temporary profile was set up. Unfortunately I found my documents and returned them to the "new" documents folder. After re-booting, the temporary...
  10. How to stop Local User to view the documents of Admin Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to stop Local User to view the documents of Admin Account: I have two users in Win 10. First is My Self an Administrator and second one is a Local User. In Computer Management I stopped sharing of My Self Folder. It is showing now "not shared". In C drive user folders, I clicked My Self Folder and clicked stop sharing but even than...