Windows 10: Documents folder in quick access pointing to wrong place.

Discus and support Documents folder in quick access pointing to wrong place. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, In the quick access area of the file browser the documents folder is pointing to a drive that no longer exists. The folder is pinned to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by QuizToon, Oct 20, 2015.

1. QuizToon Win User

Documents folder in quick access pointing to wrong place.

Hi,

In the quick access area of the file browser the documents folder is pointing to a drive that no longer exists.

The folder is pinned to the top of the file list and it wont unpin. How do I either unpin it or make it point to the correct location.

Many Thanks

:)

QuizToon, Oct 20, 2015

2. resetting documents folder reference in ThisPC

I've had to mess around with my Documents folder in my users folder. There are two references to that folder, one in Quick Access and the other is in ThisPC. I've found a way to reset the one in quick access but cannot get the one in ThisPC to point
    to my current Documents folder. How may I reset the pointer?

hustlinghare, Oct 20, 2015
  3. one72 Win User
    Quick Access Folders Point to the Same Folder

In the process of trying to have Quick Access folders (easily confusable with Libraries) point to different locations, I somehow ended up with them pointing to the same folder (e.g. 'Pictures' points to 'Documents', 'Music' points to 'Documents', etc.).
    I tried the 'Restore Default' on the 'Locations' tab of the 'Properties' dialog, but they all change to the same default, not different ones for each (Pictures, Music, etc.).

Is there a simple way to correct this -- so they point to their respective folders?

Thanks.

one72, Oct 20, 2015
  4. Documents folder in quick access pointing to wrong place.

paulsalter, Oct 21, 2015
  5. QuizToon Win User
    HI There,

Thanks for the reply

The.bat file option worked for me

Many Thanks

QuizToon, Oct 21, 2015
  6. Hi,

Thanks for letting me know
    Glad it helped

paulsalter, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Documents folder in quick access pointing to wrong place.

1. Documents folder in quick access pointing to wrong place. - Similar Threads - Documents folder quick

2. Pictures and Documents Folders will not appear in quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures and Documents Folders will not appear in quick access: A few months back I got a new PC, and in the process of trying to prevent onedrive from messing with my files its full and currently gives me an obnoxious notification that it can't sync if i don't have it disabled, i had to delete my Pictures/Documents folders and recreate...
  3. Pictures and Documents Folders will not appear in quick access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pictures and Documents Folders will not appear in quick access: A few months back I got a new PC, and in the process of trying to prevent onedrive from messing with my files its full and currently gives me an obnoxious notification that it can't sync if i don't have it disabled, i had to delete my Pictures/Documents folders and recreate...
  4. Documents folder not pinning to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder not pinning to Quick Access: It's a full clean install of windows 11 done yesterday. Everything is working absolutely fine but I accidently unpinned the documents folder from the quick access menu and I can't seem to be able to pin my most important Documents folder back in the quick access. I always...
  5. Documents folder not pinning to Quick Access

Documents folder not pinning to Quick Access: It's a full clean install of windows 11 done yesterday. Everything is working absolutely fine but I accidently unpinned the documents folder from the quick access menu and I can't seem to be able to pin my most important Documents folder back in the quick access. I always...
  6. Can't pin documents folder to quick access?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't pin documents folder to quick access?: I am running windows 11 home. I can pin other folders to quick access but NOT documents.Any idea what is causing this? Please help if possible.Thanks in advance...
  7. Can't pin documents folder to quick access?

Can't pin documents folder to quick access?: I am running windows 11 home. I can pin other folders to quick access but NOT documents.Any idea what is causing this? Please help if possible.Thanks in advance...
  8. Cannot pin the Documents folder to quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot pin the Documents folder to quick access: It is as simple as that. I try to pin it and it just does not work. I tried right clicking and selecting pin to quickstart , it did not work. Then I tried to drag it to quick start and it did not work either.This only started happening until I decided that I did not want one...
  9. Cannot pin the Documents folder to quick access

Cannot pin the Documents folder to quick access: It is as simple as that. I try to pin it and it just does not work. I tried right clicking and selecting pin to quickstart , it did not work. Then I tried to drag it to quick start and it did not work either.This only started happening until I decided that I did not want one...
  10. Windows 10 Documents folder points to wrong location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Documents folder points to wrong location: Brand new installation of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. In Explorer, the "Documents" link under "This PC" on the left hand folder tree points to OneDrive, not my Documents folder. Attempting to change its location results by going to Properties > Location > Restore Default...