Windows 10: Documents folder location reverts back to defaults after 1809 update

Discus and support Documents folder location reverts back to defaults after 1809 update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have my Documents folder relocated to the D: Data drive to save space on my 128Gb SSD drive which is my system drive. I used the Documents folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sportsfan148, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Documents folder location reverts back to defaults after 1809 update

I have my Documents folder relocated to the D: Data drive to save space on my 128Gb SSD drive which is my system drive. I used the Documents folders properties location tab to do this. After the feature update through Windows Update from 1803 to 1809..now under C:\Users the Documents folder has reappeared and its location shows as C:\Users\Myname\Documents.
    It seems that in my case 1809 update messed up the way I had relocated my Documents folder to the D: Data drive using the folders properties location tab. I didn't lose any files because they are all still in my Documents folder on the D: Data drive but it looks like it has reset the original Documents folders on the SSD back to their defaults including under This PC and Quick Access..both are now empty and pointing again to the now empty C:\Users\MyName\Documents folder.
    Has anyone else experienced this?

:)

sportsfan148, Mar 3, 2019

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

Documents folder location reverts back to defaults after 1809 update

Issue with default documents folder location

Hi Steven,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

I suggest you follow these steps and check the location where documents folder is saved to.

a. Right-click on the document folder.

b. Click on Properties.

c. Under General Tab check the location.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Documents folder location reverts back to defaults after 1809 update

1. Documents folder location reverts back to defaults after 1809 update - Similar Threads - Documents folder location

2. How to revert documents location?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to revert documents location?: I accidentally set my Drive D: as the "Documents" location, it was not my intention it was supposed to be a folder in the Drive. How can i revert the changes?...
  3. How to revert documents location?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to revert documents location?: I accidentally set my Drive D: as the "Documents" location, it was not my intention it was supposed to be a folder in the Drive. How can i revert the changes?...
  4. How to revert documents location?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Customised Folder View Reverts Back to Default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customised Folder View Reverts Back to Default: When I customize a folder view in it's properties to use a specific template, it will revert back to the General Items template after I have exit and re-entered the folder. This is so annoying because being able to use different templates view types is most convenient. It...
  6. Customised Folder View Reverts Back to Default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customised Folder View Reverts Back to Default: When I customize a folder view in it's properties to use a specific template, it will revert back to the General Items template after I have exit and re-entered the folder. This is so annoying because being able to use different templates view types is most convenient. It...
  7. Restoring 'My Document' folder back to default location on C drive

Restoring 'My Document' folder back to default location on C drive: I have just got a brand new Windows 10 PC. It has a 256 GB SSD and a 1T hard drive. They are drives C and D. As delivered the user data libraries/folders Documents, Pictures, Music, etc are on the C drive. So I decided to move the Documents library to the D drive by...
  8. Folder icon reverting back to default!?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder icon reverting back to default!?: Hello, I have been trying to change my folder icons on my desktop to clear up some space. This is happening for the 3 folders so i will keep it to talking just about the Games folder. files are being acquired from Microsoft store app 'icon8' maybe that's the company...
  9. Changing default storage location and reverting back

Changing default storage location and reverting back: Hi, I just got a newly PC installed with Windows 10 Pro. I changed some default locations for storing documents, videos, music etc. to point to another drive instead of C. This is working fine. Then I also changed the default storage location of new applications and...
  10. Can't revert documents and pictures folders rto default location on C: drive

Can't revert documents and pictures folders rto default location on C: drive: Since the latest install of W10 it appears that the documents and pictures folders on my PC are in fact in the ONeDrive folder and not at all where they used to be. I do not want them in the OneDrive folder! I want them on my PC where they always used to be. However when I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. default desktop keeps reverting documents folder

2. change in download folder reverts to C drive

3. quick access reverts back to documents

4. documents folder relocation after 1809