Windows 10: Does anyone know how to *actually* change UWP app icons? Want to update the calculator app...

Discus and support Does anyone know how to *actually* change UWP app icons? Want to update the calculator app... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RLWLB2985 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RLWLB2985, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Does anyone know how to *actually* change UWP app icons? Want to update the calculator app...

/u/RLWLB2985, Nov 22, 2019

2. Microsoft Adds Ability to Block Win32 Apps from Install on Windows 10

Yes, UWP is an interpreter, an app running in UWP can't function without the interpreter. Only the UWP core has access to the actual hardware, the app does not.

By not having direct access to the hardware, they perform slower. UWP has to translate everything and make sure it passes safety and security checks.

If UWP has issues, all of the apps running on top of it also will. I've seen that in early release of Windows 10 where all UWP based, Windows-included apps broke (Edge, Calculator, Mail, etc.). Granted, it was only broke in one user account.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
  4. Does anyone know how to *actually* change UWP app icons? Want to update the calculator app...

UWP app icons in Windows 10 build 14316 are corrupt

Pic: Screenshot - e3291153f0df01ad3d2174770a3e7379 - Gyazo

As you can see, the Win32 app icons are completely fine, but all of the UWP app icons are corrupted. They almost appear as if they're running in some sort of safe mode.

Any suggestions?

sadisticpotato, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Does anyone know how to *actually* change UWP app icons? Want to update the calculator app...

1. Does anyone know how to *actually* change UWP app icons? Want to update the calculator app... - Similar Threads - Does anyone *actually*

2. Calculator app repeatedly opening causing system to slow, does anyone know why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calculator app repeatedly opening causing system to slow, does anyone know why?: This has only happened twice or maybe 3 times, months apart. The calculator app starts opening itself very quickly a lot, to the point where I do not have long to act before things get very slow, both times I have had to hold down the power button to do a hard reset, and all...
  3. Calculator app repeatedly opening causing system to slow, does anyone know why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calculator app repeatedly opening causing system to slow, does anyone know why?: This has only happened twice or maybe 3 times, months apart. The calculator app starts opening itself very quickly a lot, to the point where I do not have long to act before things get very slow, both times I have had to hold down the power button to do a hard reset, and all...
  4. Calculator app repeatedly opening causing system to slow, does anyone know why?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Does anyone know how to hide photos in the photos app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know how to hide photos in the photos app?: All the stuff on google tells me how to hide the file, but hiding the file doesn’t remove it from the photos app. submitted by /u/Kangamooo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i8y4g0/does_anyone_know_how_to_hide_photos_in_the_photos/
  6. Does anyone know how to change the icon of an app downloaded from the Microsoft store?

Does anyone know how to change the icon of an app downloaded from the Microsoft store?: Other icons like for steam and chrome, I just changed by right clicking them and going into their properties, but for Spotify when I right click I don’t see the properties option submitted by /u/uHusky [link] [comments]...
  7. Does anyone know when store apps update?

Does anyone know when store apps update?: I’d like for apps to update automatically, but they never do, and I don’t think I’ve ever been able to make them do that. Is there something like the iPhones, where it’s has to be asleep, charging and all this stuff? On the Mac I’m pretty sure it updates apps once a week. Is...
  8. How to change Calculator and Camera app icons in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change Calculator and Camera app icons in Start Menu?: Are there any third party programs or registry tweaks to change these icons? [img] 128011
  9. How to change Calculator and Camera app icons in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change Calculator and Camera app icons in Start Menu?: Are there any third party programs or registry tweaks to change these icons? [img] 128011
  10. does anyone know how fix sliders in apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    does anyone know how fix sliders in apps: i have gimp and inkscape and both have sliders in to control tools and effects but i cant seem to move them without them resetting to zero. this seems to happen on most of my programs that use sliders. i made a new login user for my computer and the new user has no problems...