Windows 10: does anyone know what a program named killer does it was intalled in the 1903 update?

Discus and support does anyone know what a program named killer does it was intalled in the 1903 update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; after the 1903 update a program named kiler was installed on both my desktop and laptop. it didnt work on my lappy so i deleted it. it came up on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by eggy1a, Jun 9, 2019.

1. eggy1a Win User

does anyone know what a program named killer does it was intalled in the 1903 update?

after the 1903 update a program named kiler was installed on both my desktop and laptop. it didnt work on my lappy so i deleted it. it came up on my desktop as some kind of network speed program that you can set network speeds for your apps would be nice if microsoft would tell us about it if they added it to the update... otherwise ill prob need to delete and look for what it is norton didnt find it as malware..

:)

eggy1a, Jun 9, 2019

2. Guide: Turn your Killer E2200 NIC into Qualcomm Atheros AR8161

Basically I right click on the Killer Network Adapter in Device manager > Uninstall > Check the box to DELETE driver for this device

Then you won't have a relevant network adapter listed. So you have to add a new device, and I just followed the instructions listed in this thread... does that help?

comfytoday, Jun 9, 2019
  3. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 9, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

does anyone know what a program named killer does it was intalled in the 1903 update?

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond does anyone know what a program named killer does it was intalled in the 1903 update? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

1. does anyone know what a program named killer does it was intalled in the 1903 update? - Similar Threads - does anyone program

2. Does anyone know the name of the setting?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Does anyone know the name of the setting?: When I click on a window, the previous one becomes less visible and there is a built in setting in the settings app that I turned on. What is the name of it and how do I turn this setting off?...
  3. Does anyone know the name of the setting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know the name of the setting?: When I click on a window, the previous one becomes less visible and there is a built in setting in the settings app that I turned on. What is the name of it and how do I turn this setting off?...
  4. Does anyone know the name of the setting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Does anyone know the name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know the name?: When I click on a window, the previous one becomes less visible and there is a built in setting in the settings app that I turned on. What is the name of it and how do I turn this setting off?...
  6. Does anyone know the name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone know the name?: When I click on a window, the previous one becomes less visible and there is a built in setting in the settings app that I turned on. What is the name of it and how do I turn this setting off?...
  7. Does anyone know the name?

8. Does anyone know what is this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know what is this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/copZ97 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l62i5z/does_anyone_know_what_is_this/
  9. Does anyone knows what is it?

Does anyone knows what is it?: Does anyone knows what is it showing on the picture. It keeps happening when I'm playing game. I play FPS, it might be the tab, cap locks, shift keys of some kind of combination. When it happens whenever key I press, it will force the game to go to the desktop. Most of the it...
  10. Does anyone know what this is?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know what this is?: [ATTACH] Weird multiplying tabs that I can only see in task manager keep randomly showing up and they all have this logo on it. I've tried resetting my computer and looking for it in the control pannel but I cannot find anything. I close them only for 10 more to appear...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. killer control worked before windows 10 1903 update