Windows 10: Does resetting PC remove the media creation tool?

Discus and support Does resetting PC remove the media creation tool? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Does resetting PC remove the media creation tool?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ToysBoys, Apr 22, 2019.

1. ToysBoys Win User

Does resetting PC remove the media creation tool?

:)

ToysBoys, Apr 22, 2019

2. Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Apr 22, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Resetting PC problem via windows and media creation tool

Maybe its something about how you made the USB. To make a USB that will be certain to be bootable, download the Media Creation Tool and follow the steps in Option One of this tutorial.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

at step 6, leave the 'Use the recommended options for this PC' box checked.
    at step 8, select 'USB flash drive'.

4. jacka27 Win User

Resetting PC problem via windows and media creation tool

Does resetting PC remove the media creation tool? [​IMG]

Does resetting PC remove the media creation tool? [​IMG]

jacka27, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Does resetting PC remove the media creation tool? - Similar Threads - Does resetting remove

2. media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    media creation tool: how do i fix media creation tool it keeps crashing when i open it without any error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool/3740294e-2b85-48de-a678-e7f03ee46369
  3. Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool: I'm having an issue with the media creation tool where it won't install or even give me a list of usb drives at all. Even if I tried running it from inside the usb flash drive it still says the same thing "you need 8 gb of available space on Windows :C". I'm having this issue...
  4. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool: I figured out what the tool was, and I didn't like it. You made it sound sooooooo exiting in the license terms, but when I found out what it really was, I was not impressed. Way to go Microsoft. Way to go. You ripped me off of thinking it was something cool, but instead you...
  5. Media creation tool.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool.: Yes, I have successfully downloaded the tool and Windows 10. All I did was click on a link that someone posted and BAM the media creation tool and Windows 10 were downloaded! Thanks! *^^*...
  6. Reset PC vs Media Creation Tool

Reset PC vs Media Creation Tool: I want to re-install my Windows and I found out (from this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icpf9K36fpA) that you can actually use Reset PC option in the Windows Settings, my question is, what is better (cleaner), is it the same? 159538
  7. Reset PC vs Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Support
    Reset PC vs Media Creation Tool: I want to re-install my Windows and I found out (from this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icpf9K36fpA) that you can actually use Reset PC option in the Windows Settings, my question is, what is better (cleaner), is it the same? 159538
  8. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media creation tool: So i know i can use this tool to update my pc to latest but will i keep all my settings and preferences? Havent updated my pc in 3 years so figured this is a better way to do it. submitted by /u/AwesomePicMan [link] [comments]...
  9. Cannot reset my pc with reset button and media creation tool

Cannot reset my pc with reset button and media creation tool: Hi, recently, my pc often disconnected to internet using wifi, while my other device works perfectly fine. I tried to reset the network setting to fix the problem, however, it doesn't work. So, I decided to reset my pc to see whether it can resolve the problem. Sadly, I...
  10. Resetting PC problem via windows and media creation tool

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Resetting PC problem via windows and media creation tool: Hi all i have been having an issue with my pc for a while so I have started trying to reset it and have a clean installation of windows 10. I have tried going to settings, update and security, and restting it. However half way the through the process it stops and gives...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove media creation tool