Windows 10: Does the OS need a codec pack?

Discus and support Does the OS need a codec pack? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 Codec Pack - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com Can windows media player play video files with .m2t extensions? It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sdowney717, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Does the OS need a codec pack?

sdowney717, Nov 14, 2017

2. Unable to play AVI files on Windows 10

What codec does the Hallmark software use? Which Hallmark software? If they're using their own random codec, all clients viewing that content would need to have that associated codec.

zachd [MSFT], Nov 14, 2017
  3. video codecs

Hi,

Unlike the desktop Windows Media Player on Windows Mobile does not support plugable codecs. So you cannot install codecs on Windows Mobile. Instead you look for video players that support the codecs you need.

Chris De Herrera, Nov 14, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Does the OS need a codec pack?

WMP plays m2t's on mine, but it may depend on exactly what they are. Do you get an error message?

dalchina, Nov 14, 2017
  5. I did on win7, wmp. I have yet to try on win10.
    My win10 install is corrupted itself.

sdowney717, Nov 14, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    I suggest you try to deal with the corruption.

Have you tried
    1. First check your disk:
    Download and run Hard Disk Sentinel (trial) and make sure all disks are reported as good.
    If not, do not continue, and post back .

2. Now check your file system:

From an admin command or powershell prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    or
    How to read Event Viewer log for Chkdsk in Windows 10 [Tip] | Reviews, news, tips, and tricks | dotTechdotTech
    or
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed- else do not proceed.

3. Then from an admin command prompt run
    SFC /SCANNOW
    and post the result.

dalchina, Nov 14, 2017
  7. did the sfc came back ok
    Got a thread going here on some of my problems with it.
    When I booted win7, it did a chkdisk on it. Did not notice anything odd.
    I have has so much grief with it, not funny, one time it lost activation and MS tech had to fix it.
    Ever since it refused to let me go back to win7, nothing but a pain it has been.
    I installed win7 on seperate drive and it so smooth, perfect.
    This win10 was an upgrade from win7.
    After I installed win7, I noticed immediate huge boot speed up from before when I ran win7. so win 10 has inherited that grief with long boot times, and who knows what else too.
    Another problem, mouse started not wanting to move, pause and start - Windows 10 Forums

I tried that program, HD Sentinel, but it wont report info or do anything.
    I ran seatools generic long test and it passed

sdowney717, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Does the OS need a codec pack?

1. Does the OS need a codec pack? - Similar Threads - Does need codec

2. Media feature Pack for 1909 os

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media feature Pack for 1909 os: Hello, I need help with my media feature pack for os build 1909. I have downloaded from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48231. I've also done a clean boot for windows. That did not help. To show you what I mean in depth, please look here:...
  3. Microsoft camera codec pack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft camera codec pack: Why not install my Microsoft camera codec on Windows 10? It gives me a message This program is not intended for this version of windows Thank you for helping me...
  4. Need to install Windows Media Pack for OS build 19041.84

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to install Windows Media Pack for OS build 19041.84: Need to install Windows Media Pack for OS build 19041.84 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-install-windows-media-pack-for-os-build/4575b8f6-c714-49de-bf0c-6dd6cfbab844
  5. Are codec packs needed for Windows 10 nowadays?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are codec packs needed for Windows 10 nowadays?: The title says it all. If so which codec pack is the best? submitted by /u/Ograws [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e4lou4/are_codec_packs_needed_for_windows_10_nowadays/
  6. What codec pack is needed for the new iPhone 11 MOV files and is safe for Windows Media...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What codec pack is needed for the new iPhone 11 MOV files and is safe for Windows Media...: Hi, I'm using Windows Media Player 12 on Windows 10. I can play some older MOV files, but when I try to play iPhone 11 MOV files I cannot play them. I get the error "Missing codec, This item was encoded in a format that's not supported". I close the error then the screen...
  7. Camera codec pack on windows 10 to view RAW files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Camera codec pack on windows 10 to view RAW files: have tried I think all possible but cant get it to work. is there a way to see your raw files in windows 10 at all ? tried the Nikon app also and couldn't get it either I'm new to windows so apologies if its a silly question. ***Original Title: camera codec pack on windows...
  8. K-Lite Codec Pack 14.8.2 update flagged as trojan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    K-Lite Codec Pack 14.8.2 update flagged as trojan: Hello. When copying K-Lite Codec Pack 14.8.2 update, no matter where it's downloaded from, file gets quarantined by Windows Defender as a trojan. This must be a false positive, but I want to be sure. 128660
  9. K-Lite Codec Pack - Beta

K-Lite Codec Pack - Beta: [img] Warning These beta versions are for testing purposes. Please report on the forum if you encounter any problems! K-Lite Codec Pack 10.7.8 Changelog: Updated MPC-HC to version 1.7.6.279 Updated LAV Filters to version 0.62-58-gd8d8713 Updated ffdshow to...
  10. K-lite Codec Pack and Groove Music

K-lite Codec Pack and Groove Music: Groove Music refuses to play local MP3's and gives error. I have located the problem to be that I installed K-lite Codec Pack and obviously that messes codecs Groove uses (can use). I haven't been able to solve Groove's issue - what to do? Is there some other good...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does windows 10 need codec pack