Windows 10: Dos prompt?

Discus and support Dos prompt? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I changed my Dos promt to prompt to <prompt $t> so it showed the current time but wanted to change it again from 13:55:29,61 C:\Tools> to C:\Tools>... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by knagsted, Jul 6, 2019.

1. knagsted Win User

Dos prompt?

I changed my Dos promt to prompt to <prompt $t> so it showed the current time but wanted to change it again from 13:55:29,61 C:\Tools> to C:\Tools> with the the command <promt $p$g>. Now I have to change it every time I open a Dos window to get rid of the timestamp.

Have other done such a foolish thing?

Peter

:)

knagsted, Jul 6, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Subsystem ID mismatch

Run atiwinflash from the DOS prompt in Windows. Follow the steps listed in the HD6950 mod article for DOS flashing.

cadaveca, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Bree, Jul 6, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Dos prompt?

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

Dos prompt?

1. Dos prompt? - Similar Threads - Dos prompt

2. Why pre installed Windows Pro laptop is costlier than cost of same configuration DOS laptop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why pre installed Windows Pro laptop is costlier than cost of same configuration DOS laptop...: Hi,Recently I was checking the cost of laptop over internet and observed that the cost of preinstalled Windows 11 Pro comes higher that the quote for a supplier who was selling the same make and model configuration DOS laptop and OEM license separately....
  3. WIndows 10 laptop gives Dos Prompt "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows 10 laptop gives Dos Prompt "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot...: WIndows 10 laptop gives Dos Prompt "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key_"- nothing works!This happens just after the computer logo appears when started.This happened after the latest WIndows 10 update... HELP...
  4. WIndows 10 laptop gives Dos Prompt "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows 10 laptop gives Dos Prompt "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot...: WIndows 10 laptop gives Dos Prompt "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key_"- nothing works!This happens just after the computer logo appears when started.This happened after the latest WIndows 10 update... HELP...
  5. WIndows 10 laptop gives Dos Prompt "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. dos prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    dos prompt: Currently windows 10 home, strange pop up when I open a program: It sees the a dos prompt comes up for a brief moment black background box titled 32/com.exe> . It eventually fades away and allows me to proceed. Any idea whats going on?...
  7. File manger search include subfolders? & Dos prompt question.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File manger search include subfolders? & Dos prompt question.: Wondering two things 1 When searching for a file in file explorer does it search sub folders as well? 2 How do I get copy of dos prompt to print? Tried xcopy/? > prn Another question, will the xcopy command copy to a mapped drive my NAS?...
  8. How can I see what Windows updates have run on my Windows 10 PC - from the DOS prompt if...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I see what Windows updates have run on my Windows 10 PC - from the DOS prompt if...: With one of the more recent major updates to Windows the ability to see what updates have run on your PC has been removed. Is there a way of being able to see this info? Preferably from the DOs\CMD prompt or by running a Powershell script. Any info appreciated. Cheers....
  9. How to remove 'Open MS-DOS prompt' from folder Context Menu in Win10 ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove 'Open MS-DOS prompt' from folder Context Menu in Win10 ?: You'll see "Mark Unsolved" instead when the thread is currently marked as solved. You'll also see a green check mark to the right of thread title to indicate it is marked solved.
  10. Windows 10 Enterprise Repair From DOS Prompt - Is It Possible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Enterprise Repair From DOS Prompt - Is It Possible: I have a Laptop that had W10 Enterprise installed. It is now in a loop that will not allow Windows to start. I have made a bootable USB with Windows 10. Used Rufus to make the USB and copied the July 2016 version of Windows 10 Enterprise. Have not been able to use the USB to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows10 dos prompt if or

2. dos prompt

3. run atiwinflash from the dos prompt