Windows 10: Download and Install Windows Performance Toolkit in Windows 10

Discus and support Download and Install Windows Performance Toolkit in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Download and Install Windows Performance Toolkit in Windows 10 How to Download and Install Windows Performance Toolkit in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by JustAmuffin, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Download and Install Windows Performance Toolkit in Windows 10

How to: Download and Install Windows Performance Toolkit in Windows 10

How to Download and Install Windows Performance Toolkit in Windows 10

Included in the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit, the Windows Performance Toolkit consists of performance monitoring tools that produce in-depth performance profiles of Windows operating systems and applications.

The Windows Performance Toolkit consists of two independent tools: Windows Performance Recorder (WPR) and Windows Performance Analyzer (WPA).

The Windows Performance Recorder (WPR) is a performance recording tool that is based on Event Tracing for Windows (ETW). It records system events that you can then analyze by using Windows Performance Analyzer (WPA).

The Windows Performance Analyzer (WPA) is a tool that creates graphs and data tables of Event Tracing for Windows (ETW) events that are recorded by Windows Performance Recorder (WPR), Xperf, or an assessment that is run in the Assessment Platform. WPA can open any event trace log (ETL) file for analysis.

GPUView is also included with the Windows Performance Toolkit. GPUView is a tool that reads logged video and kernel events from an event trace log (.etl) file and presents the data graphically to a user. Video core developers can use GPUView to determine the performance of the graphics processing unit (GPU) and the central processing unit (CPU) with regard to direct memory access (DMA) buffer processing (and all other video processing) on the video hardware. Developers and testers can use GPUView to show different kinds of events that might lead to unusual conditions like glitches, preparation delays, and poor synchronization.

See also: What's New in the Windows Performance Toolkit | Microsoft Docs

This tutorial will show you how to download and install the Windows Performance Toolkit for using the Windows Performance Recorder, GPUView, and Windows Performance Analyzer tools in Windows 10.

*note You must be signed in as an administrator to download and install the Windows Performance Toolkit.

Here's How:

1. version of Windows 10.

Download
    2. Run the downloaded adksetup.exe file.

3. If you already have Windows ADK installed, select (dot) Change, click/tap on Continue, and go to step 7. (see screenshot below)

Download and Install Windows Performance Toolkit in Windows 10 [​IMG]

4. Select where you want to install the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (Windows ADK), and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

*tip How to install the Windows ADK offline | Microsoft Docs

6. Select Yes (default) or No to send anonymous data to Microsoft for the Windows 10 Kits, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

6. Click/tap on Accept for the license agreement. (see screenshot below)

7. Select (check) Windows Performance Toolkit to install, and click/tap on Install or Change. (see screenshot below)

8. If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes to approve.

9. The Windows Performance Toolkit will now start to be installed. (see screenshot below)

10. When finished installing, click/tap on Close. (see screenshot below)

11. You will now see Windows Performance Recorder, GPUView, and Windows Performance Analyzer from the Windows Performance Toolkit listed in your Start menu. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

:)

JustAmuffin, Oct 14, 2016

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 27, 2019
  3. m4gicfour Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Download and Install Windows Performance Toolkit in Windows 10

Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Download and Install Windows Performance Toolkit in Windows 10

1. Download and Install Windows Performance Toolkit in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Download Install Performance

2. How download and install Microsoft Toolkit?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How download and install Microsoft Toolkit?: How download and install Microsoft Toolkit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-download-and-install-microsoft-toolkit/113bdb74-1f6e-4ead-a82b-0eb59ae3d2a1
  3. How download and install Microsoft Toolkit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How download and install Microsoft Toolkit?: How download and install Microsoft Toolkit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-download-and-install-microsoft-toolkit/113bdb74-1f6e-4ead-a82b-0eb59ae3d2a1
  4. How download and install Microsoft Toolkit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Performance Toolkit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Performance Toolkit: Hi there,i have a problem trying to create a log file using the Windows Performance Tool kit and gpuview.I've been havins some erratic behaviour with regard to my GPU 1080Ti clock speed and my work programs Autodesk Revit & AutodcadBasically the card has been upclocking to...
  6. Windows 10 (ver. 10.0.18362.239) very slow boot time - windows performance toolkit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 (ver. 10.0.18362.239) very slow boot time - windows performance toolkit: Hello, boot time is during 25 minutes (first show of windows log in screen, this is only approximately last month). Windows performance toolkit is prepared data (lot of services, dll, ...). How can I know easy identify who make this time duration in lot of process, please?...
  7. Windows Performance Toolkit dump before crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Performance Toolkit dump before crash: Hey everyone, So I've never posted before, but wasn't sure where to go next. Corsair isn't really helping on their customer support, but I'm determined to get to the bottom of this none the less. The short story is, I got a new keyboard as a gift (Corsair), but I'm...
  8. Windows Performance Toolkit. How to run xbootmgr with time limitations

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Performance Toolkit. How to run xbootmgr with time limitations: Trying to troubleshoot a reboot that never completes and am running the following command from WPT xbootmgr -trace shutdown -traceFlags BASE+DIAG+LATENCY -noPrepReboot The etl file is generated but since the reboot never completes it comes out corrupted at least xperf is...
  9. Windows 10 Assessment and Deployment Toolkit!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Assessment and Deployment Toolkit!!: When I check to install WICD in the wizard of "Windows Assessment and Deployment toolkit" there are 4 other options checked. And when I just check to install Windows Configuration Designer(WCD) not WICD, there are no option checkedin the wizard. I just wonder what is the...
  10. Analyzing website performance with the Windows Performance Toolkit

in Windows 10 News
    Analyzing website performance with the Windows Performance Toolkit: Slow pages lose users: research from Bing and Google indicates that delays as small as half a second can impact business metrics. To build fast sites, developers need powerful tools to analyze the performance of their sites and debug issues. In-browser tools like the F12...