Windows 10: Download problems after changing location from C to D

Discus and support Download problems after changing location from C to D in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I just bought new computer that has Windows 10. Before I was using Vista. Drive C is smaller and I wanted to use it only for system files. So I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by betty8, Oct 7, 2018.

1. betty8 Win User

Download problems after changing location from C to D

Hi, I just bought new computer that has Windows 10. Before I was using Vista. Drive C is smaller and I wanted to use it only for system files. So I have changed location for downloading files to D in computer settings and in my Firefox. But files either don`t download at all or end up in temporary files and disappear. How can I fix it? Resterting computer doesn`t help. I am not very familiar with computers because of age so I would really appreaciate tips for "blondies"

:)

betty8, Oct 7, 2018
  2. MoxieMomma Win User

How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Nicrite Win User
    Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Navneet Anand Win User

Changed the 'downloads' location to E-Drive. Couldn't reverse!!

Hi Gokul,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps and check if that helps:

• Right Click on Downloads folder.
    • Click on Properties.
    • Select Location tab.
    • Click on Move and choose your location.
    Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Download problems after changing location from C to D - Similar Threads - Download problems changing

2. Change "D" drive to "C" drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change "D" drive to "C" drive.: How do I copy all files on my "C" drive onto my current "D" drive (including bootup files and Windows 10), then change my "D" drive to "C" drive and my my old "C" drive to "D" drive?...
  3. Change Boot Loader location to C drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Boot Loader location to C drive?: Is it possible to fix so my Boot Manager is on the same drive as the OS? I remember having this problem before, and the solution was to basically install Windows with all other Disks disconnected. Which seems weird, i mean why would it even want to install the loader on...
  4. How to change file path from C drive (OS) to D drive (storage)

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change file path from C drive (OS) to D drive (storage): I have just bought a dell inspiron operating with windows 10. The default settings were to save files to the C drive which was home to apps, general settings etc. I want to be able to save all my files, photos, music etc to the D drive which is 1TB of storage. I have tried...
  5. Change download location

in Browsers and Email
    Change download location: Hi, I have a fresh install, dual booting with Windows 7 and I just notice that my default download location folder for Windows 10 is set to my download folder in Windows 7. How can I change it to be set to Windows 10. Hopefully screen shot can explain better . 22148
  6. moving thunderbird data from C to D

in Browsers and Email
    moving thunderbird data from C to D: I want to move all Thunderbird data and settings from C to D (easier back-up). I followed the instructions from Mozilla (moving a profile). I am able to: find the profiles folder, moving the profiles folder, creating a new profile with thunderbird.exe -p, changing the...
  7. Changing OneDrive download location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing OneDrive download location: Before using OneDrive all my data files were held on a seperate partition ion E: drive. I have now stored the main folders (eg Documents, Photographs, Spreadsheets) on OneDrive and now realise that as well as offline they are held in C: Users/Chris. Can I alter it so that...
  8. Windows 10: Unable to change drive D back to C

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10: Unable to change drive D back to C: Hi, A PC tech change by mistake the windows drive C to D. The computer can naturally not boot to Windows any more. Using both the internal Win maintenance (as admin), or the regedit or external Mini XP I can change back the drives, but it does not persist, and always...
  9. Changed Windows store app location but still downloading to my C drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Changed Windows store app location but still downloading to my C drive: I only have limited space on my ssd, I have changed the default location within the setting storage menu to another drive but yet it still downloads to the C drive?? anyhelp Edit: Talking about downloading Windows store apps, specifically a game 76560
  10. Moving Folder Locations from SSD onto D Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Folder Locations from SSD onto D Drive: So i moved my documents, pictures, videos, and music folders from my ssd to my D drive. This is the process i followed: right click folder, click properties, click the location tab, click move, select the D drive, click ok. What I failed to do, was create a NEW folder...