Windows 10: Download problems after changing location from C to D

Discus and support Download problems after changing location from C to D in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I just bought new computer that has Windows 10. Before I was using Vista. Drive C is smaller and I wanted to use it only for system files. So I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by betty8, Oct 7, 2018.

1. betty8 Win User

Download problems after changing location from C to D

Hi, I just bought new computer that has Windows 10. Before I was using Vista. Drive C is smaller and I wanted to use it only for system files. So I have changed location for downloading files to D in computer settings and in my Firefox. But files either don`t download at all or end up in temporary files and disappear. How can I fix it? Resterting computer doesn`t help. I am not very familiar with computers because of age so I would really appreaciate tips for "blondies"

:)

betty8, Oct 7, 2018

2. How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Nicrite Win User
    Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Download problems after changing location from C to D

Changed the 'downloads' location to E-Drive. Couldn't reverse!!

Hi Gokul,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps and check if that helps:

• Right Click on Downloads folder.
    • Click on Properties.
    • Select Location tab.
    • Click on Move and choose your location.
    Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Download problems after changing location from C to D

1. Download problems after changing location from C to D - Similar Threads - Download problems changing

2. Downloads file disappeared after moving from C: to D:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads file disappeared after moving from C: to D:: To be honest, not entirely sure what I did. I think I probably just dragged the entire folder from C to D, hoping to clear space yeah..., and now the entire folder is missing, and I'm not sure if it's interfering with anything else. I can't find the download folder with any...
  3. Downloads file disappeared after moving from C: to D:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads file disappeared after moving from C: to D:: To be honest, not entirely sure what I did. I think I probably just dragged the entire folder from C to D, hoping to clear space yeah..., and now the entire folder is missing, and I'm not sure if it's interfering with anything else. I can't find the download folder with any...
  4. Downloads file disappeared after moving from C: to D:

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Change main download drive from C: to D:.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change main download drive from C: to D:.: Hello. I recently bought xbox game pass. I want to download to my bigger D: 1tb drive. When i set the setting to drive D: then it says it contains some apps from different machine and asks me yes or no if i want to delete them. I click yes and it says try again later and...
  6. Change main download drive from C: to D:.

Change main download drive from C: to D:.: Hello. I recently bought xbox game pass. I want to download to my bigger D: 1tb drive. When i set the setting to drive D: then it says it contains some apps from different machine and asks me yes or no if i want to delete them. I click yes and it says try again later and...
  7. Change properties location of C:\users\username\ to D:\

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change properties location of C:\users\username\ to D:\: What happens if I go into the C:\users\username\ folder properties and change the location of the folder to D:\? I have already changed the location of most all? the C:\users\username\ subfolders to D:\, but Win11 keeps adding subfolders back to the C:\users\username folder....
  8. Change properties location of C:\users\username\ to D:\

Change properties location of C:\users\username\ to D:\: What happens if I go into the C:\users\username\ folder properties and change the location of the folder to D:\? I have already changed the location of most all? the C:\users\username\ subfolders to D:\, but Win11 keeps adding subfolders back to the C:\users\username folder....
  9. Cannot change location of Documents from C drive to D drive

Cannot change location of Documents from C drive to D drive: I want to change the location of "Documents" under "This PC" from the standard 'C:\Users\Guy\Documents' to 'D:\Documents'. The main reason being that the disk capacity of my C drive is quite small. I tried changing the location in properties for 'C:\Users\Guy\Documents' to...
  10. I change the location path of my download system folder from drive C to drive D

I change the location path of my download system folder from drive C to drive D: I change the location path of my download system folder from drive C to drive D by right clicking the system folder, then I click theLocation tab, click the Move tab and I select the Drive D and then i clickedapply. And then it messed up. The Download icon now becomes a...