Windows 10: Downloading a reg file.

Discus and support Downloading a reg file. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This is not a problem just a observation. I noticed something strange when I went to download Brink's reg file to bring back the Photo Viewer. Either... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Winuser, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Winuser Win User

Downloading a reg file.

This is not a problem just a observation. I noticed something strange when I went to download Brink's reg file to bring back the Photo Viewer. Either Pale Moon or Windows 10 thinks it's a .TS video file.

Downloading a reg file. [​IMG]

Has anyone else notice this when downloading a reg file?

:)

Winuser, Feb 7, 2016

2. Windows 10 Default programs get reset to MS default/preferred

Hi,

The best possible solution which i can find for your kind help

To Fix "An app default was reset" download the file "Fix_An_app_default_was_reset.reg"

Then

Save the .reg file to your desktop.

Then

Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

At Last

If prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

(You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like)

Please let me know, if that helps.

Kind Regards:

Engr. Malik Yasir

MALIK YASIRNAWAZ, Feb 7, 2016
  3. " This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action." Error in Windows 10.

You're running the .exe file fix, as seen in your 1st screenshot. But what you really need is the
    "Folder" asso fix as my instruction states.

<repost>

Download "folder" association reg fix from here, unzip and double-click to run it.:

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/file-association-fixes-windows-10/

Direct download (zip file)

- Download, unzip and extract the REG file to a folder.

- Double-click the REG file to run it.

</repost>

Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 7, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Downloading a reg file.

I honestly never noticed. I saved it and it just works when run.. where's the link and I'll try it out again.

Just tried it in Edge and Cyberfox with no issues..

BunnyJ, Feb 7, 2016
  5. Winuser Win User
    It's the reg file Brink posted so you can restore Photo Viewer in Windows 10. It's not a problem. The file downloads and runs fine. I just thought it strange that it's being seen as a .TS file.

Winuser, Feb 7, 2016
  6. b1rd Win User
    I'm using FF on Win-10 and my box looked different, as well as the file type, so perhaps it is Pale Moon. I did test it using the 'Restore_Windows_Photo_Viewer_with_Sort_order_fix.reg' download from THIS page.

Downloading a reg file. [​IMG]

b1rd, Feb 8, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    That never happens to me, and I have had downloaded Brink's reg. files untold number of times.
    I use IE since the early days of Vista.

Needless to say, something is amiss in your computer.

But I have no solution for you.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Downloading a reg file.

1. Downloading a reg file. - Similar Threads - Downloading reg file

2. How to create a .reg file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create a .reg file?: I wanted to know how to create a .reg file in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-a-reg-file/2b6be1e5-3228-47ad-ba44-758e0a97dfc9
  3. New .reg file but not blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    New .reg file but not blank: Hey guys! It is a part of script after clean install to add bat,ps1,reg,vbs to new context menu REG ADD "HKCR\.ps1\ShellNew" /v "NullFile" /t REG_SZ /d "" /f REG ADD "HKCR\.reg\ShellNew" /v "NullFile" /t REG_SZ /d "" /f REG ADD "HKCR\.bat\ShellNew" /v "NullFile" /t REG_SZ /d...
  4. Reg file Please

Reg file Please: Hello Had a look round the net to see if I can find a reg file to remove digital signatures tab in Windows 10 1809 x64 context menu properties for .exe files.Plenty of other edits but none for what I need. Does anyone have such a reg file or can point me to regedit to remove...
  5. Creating a reg file or shortcut.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating a reg file or shortcut.: Is there any way I can create shortcut or reg file to enable/disable a rule of Inbound and Outbound of Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security? submitted by /u/npc73 [link] [comments]...
  6. Adapting .REG Files.

Adapting .REG Files.: I came across these somewhere [sorry I can't remember where or I would credit the owner]. I know that Icon and Position are optional, but MUIVerb and SubCommands are compulsory. Code: [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\AdvancedStartupOptions]" MUIVerb"="Advanced...
  7. Adapting .REG Files.

Adapting .REG Files.: I came across these somewhere [sorry I can't remember where or I would credit the owner]. I know that Icon and Position are optional, but MUIVerb and SubCommands are compulsory. Code: [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\AdvancedStartupOptions]" MUIVerb"="Advanced...
  8. .reg file error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .reg file error: Hi,I tried to change windows 10 font style by running a reg file- Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts] "Segoe UI (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)"="" "Segoe...
  9. Import reg file in a batch file

in Windows 10 Support
    Import reg file in a batch file: Hi, i've a reg file to mod windows 10 that works properly, but if i import it in a batch file it doesn't work. this is the reg file i've called Windows10.reg Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00...
  10. Set File Association with .reg File

Set File Association with .reg File: Hi, i have a problem with File Associations in Windows (Build 1607). I want to set a File Association for .pdf so that i can start .pdf files with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and not with Microsoft Edge (default). It is possible if i change it over System -> Default Apps...