Windows 10: Downloading a reg file.

Discus and support Downloading a reg file. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This is not a problem just a observation. I noticed something strange when I went to download Brink's reg file to bring back the Photo Viewer. Either... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Winuser, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Winuser Win User

Downloading a reg file.

This is not a problem just a observation. I noticed something strange when I went to download Brink's reg file to bring back the Photo Viewer. Either Pale Moon or Windows 10 thinks it's a .TS video file.

Downloading a reg file. [​IMG]

Has anyone else notice this when downloading a reg file?

:)

Winuser, Feb 7, 2016

2. Windows 10 Default programs get reset to MS default/preferred

Hi,

The best possible solution which i can find for your kind help

To Fix "An app default was reset" download the file "Fix_An_app_default_was_reset.reg"

Then

Save the .reg file to your desktop.

Then

Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

At Last

If prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

(You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like)

Please let me know, if that helps.

Kind Regards:

Engr. Malik Yasir

MALIK YASIRNAWAZ, Feb 7, 2016
  3. " This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action." Error in Windows 10.

You're running the .exe file fix, as seen in your 1st screenshot. But what you really need is the
    "Folder" asso fix as my instruction states.

<repost>

Download "folder" association reg fix from here, unzip and double-click to run it.:

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/file-association-fixes-windows-10/

Direct download (zip file)

- Download, unzip and extract the REG file to a folder.

- Double-click the REG file to run it.

</repost>

Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 7, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Downloading a reg file.

I honestly never noticed. I saved it and it just works when run.. where's the link and I'll try it out again.

Just tried it in Edge and Cyberfox with no issues..

BunnyJ, Feb 7, 2016
  5. Winuser Win User
    It's the reg file Brink posted so you can restore Photo Viewer in Windows 10. It's not a problem. The file downloads and runs fine. I just thought it strange that it's being seen as a .TS file.

Winuser, Feb 7, 2016
  6. b1rd Win User
    I'm using FF on Win-10 and my box looked different, as well as the file type, so perhaps it is Pale Moon. I did test it using the 'Restore_Windows_Photo_Viewer_with_Sort_order_fix.reg' download from THIS page.

Downloading a reg file. [​IMG]

b1rd, Feb 8, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    That never happens to me, and I have had downloaded Brink's reg. files untold number of times.
    I use IE since the early days of Vista.

Needless to say, something is amiss in your computer.

But I have no solution for you.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Downloading a reg file.

1. Downloading a reg file. - Similar Threads - Downloading reg file

2. MAIL, CALANDER MISSING FILES REG

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MAIL, CALANDER MISSING FILES REG: Accidentally my MS mails and calendar files are missed. How can I get back and working with them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-calander-missing-files-reg/302f3982-3b24-4c1e-bcb4-d6682a13ac13"
  3. Import reg file in a batch file

in Windows 10 Support
    Import reg file in a batch file: Hi, i've a reg file to mod windows 10 that works properly, but if i import it in a batch file it doesn't work. this is the reg file i've called Windows10.reg Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00...
  4. Reg File for Custom File Type Handler Program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reg File for Custom File Type Handler Program: Suppose instead of the default reg settings for, say, pdf files, one wants a reg file to set up a custom program handler. For instance, Sumatra. One would like Sumatra to handle pdf files. When one double-clicks on a pdf file, Sumatra loads and shows the pdf file. How...
  5. Set File Association with .reg File

Set File Association with .reg File: Hi, i have a problem with File Associations in Windows (Build 1607). I want to set a File Association for .pdf so that i can start .pdf files with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and not with Microsoft Edge (default). It is possible if i change it over System -> Default Apps...
  6. Reg. Cleaner

Reg. Cleaner: Anyone suggest the best reg cleaner software????? 88825
  7. Merging .reg files as standard user

in Windows 10 Support
    Merging .reg files as standard user: I want to add run as admin to the context menu to be able to merge a couple of .reg files into the registry when i right click on them, i downloaded Brinks 2 reg files to do this but they require admin privleges *Mad and run as admin does not show up in the context menu when...
  8. Cannot import .reg. Error opening the file.

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot import .reg. Error opening the file.: ...There may be a disk or file system error. Happens when double-clicking reg-file on the NAS-share, which is mapped as a network drive. User is a user with admin rights (membership of Administrators group), and it is the first and only user that was created while W10 was...
  9. File association problem with .reg and .bat files

in Windows 10 Support
    File association problem with .reg and .bat files: Asus laptop with WINDOWS 10 When double clicking a .reg file the default action is merge by running the regedit.exe. On the right-click content menu I have Merge (in bold), edit and print, select edit opens the notepad for editing. In order to prevent from merging the .reg...
  10. Reg to Bat

in Windows 10 Support
    Reg to Bat: Hi everyone, I'm so sorry if this is not the proper forum to ask, but didn't found one for registry related questions. I have a small .reg file and I have converted it to .bat using a tool and am not sure if it's converted correctly and bug free! Is there anyone expert in...