Windows 10: Downloads not going into the Downloads folder

Discus and support Downloads not going into the Downloads folder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My setting for downloads is for the Downloads folder, but downloads keep going to my desktop. How can I fix this? Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JudyG46, Aug 9, 2019.

1. JudyG46 Win User

Downloads not going into the Downloads folder

My setting for downloads is for the Downloads folder, but downloads keep going to my desktop. How can I fix this? Windows 10

:)

JudyG46, Aug 9, 2019

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Downloads not going into the Downloads folder

How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Downloads not going into the Downloads folder

1. Downloads not going into the Downloads folder - Similar Threads - Downloads going Downloads

2. Downloads folder hangs

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloads folder hangs: Hi All, My W10 system has been working great since purchase Jan2018 (I do updates as available), but as of 8/11/19 my Downloads folder is hanging. That's a problem for me because even tho I have my Firefox set to ask for download location, Win still points to Downloads...
  3. Downloads folder Sorted by Date Downloaded

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloads folder Sorted by Date Downloaded: Last night I updated my PC and shut it down to go to bed, and when I got on today I noticed my downloads folder was sorted by the date downloaded. [ATTACH] Is there any way to fix this?...
  4. loacate downloaded folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    loacate downloaded folders: I downloaded several folders from Google Drive to my Windows 10 computer but they are not in the Download folder and they are not showing up in the Recent files. How do I locate them?...
  5. Download folder

Download folder: Hello, My download folder had about 30 g of media in it and now it is empty. Boom, just like that. Doing a search for the files results in nothing found. Where did they go? How do I get them back?...
  6. download folder

in Windows 10 Support
    download folder: I don't see download folder like I used to on my previous PC on the desktop . The location is = This PC, Local, User, Default, download. I like to have it on the desktop. is this possible and not too hard for a non tech 126855
  7. Download Folder

Download Folder: Good Evening! I noticed on the two new computers that I recently purchased for myself and one purchased at my job, the files that are automatically sent to the download folder have disappeared. Before the folders would stay and I did not have to move them right away....
  8. Download to fixed folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Download to fixed folder: My files are basically in a mess because I haven't got a fixed folder for all downloads. I'm not sure what logic 10 uses for saving files. But I seem to have downloaded files all over my disk. It's going to take a month of sundays to clean it all up. Can we define a fixed...
  9. Download keeps on going

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download keeps on going: So, i bought forza horizon 4, the download size was 64.16GB but when it reached 64.16GB it just kept on going , it reached 70Gb, without installing, i tried everything, and at the end i refunded the game, please tell if this error has been fixed so i can try again, the bad...
  10. All files go to Download

in Windows 10 Support
    All files go to Download: In Windows 10, when I try to open a file within a page or open an attachment it always goes to the Download folder rather than opening. This to say the least is frustrating. This never happened when using Windows 8.1. Is there any way to prevent this happening? 41652

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 downloads are not going to downloads folder