Windows 10: DPC Watchdog violations while watching Youtube, caused by HAL

Discus and support DPC Watchdog violations while watching Youtube, caused by HAL in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This comes in waves, it'll cause problems consistently for weeks, and then be fine for a while. I'm in the middle of another wave. Watching Youtube in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ctclark1, Dec 16, 2017.

1. ctclark1 Win User

DPC Watchdog violations while watching Youtube, caused by HAL

This comes in waves, it'll cause problems consistently for weeks, and then be fine for a while. I'm in the middle of another wave. Watching Youtube in Chrome, not every single time but often enough (sometimes once a day, sometimes multiple times in an hour). Attempting to update or rollback my video drivers (AMD Radeon X7) has no immediate effect, using both the Windows Update provided drivers or removing and reinstalling from AMD directly.

BlueScreenView always indicates HAL as the driver. I am using the Insider builds on this machine, but this has been consistent over a number of builds, and has spanned a complete format and reinstall of Windows 10.

I don't often ask for help as I am fairly good with computers and searching in general (it used to be my job, left due to conflicting management styles) but I can't find anything helpful with HAL being a culprit, everyone always points to Realtek wireless drivers for the Youtube DPC issue, but this desktop has and will always be hardwired, and does not have a wireless NIC. I have also explored the options involving hard drives which occasionally comes up in search results however these don't appear to apply either. For the record I have a OSC Vertex2 SSD as my system drive, a 2TB Western Digital Black as a primary data drive, and a Corsair Force LS SSD that I use for faster data access with certain programs, just in case the drives do make a difference.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

:)

ctclark1, Dec 16, 2017
  2. LukeH0504 Win User

Stop Error Caused by ntoskrnl.exe

I was watching some normal YouTube videos and then my laptop suddenly went to an OSoD (Orange Screen of Death). The stop error was DPC Watchdog Violation and it was caused by ntoskrnl.exe. This is the third time I have seen this error and they all happened
    while watching youtube. This is the first time it has been orange however.

LukeH0504, Dec 16, 2017
  3. DPC Watchdog Violation while watching youtube videos

So I was watching a youtube video on Chrome when I encountered a BSOD that listed the DPC Watchdog violation as the cause. I have no idea how to fix it. I have the dump file attached below. Thank you.

Link: Dropbox - 081217-28656-01.dmp

StellaLee20, Dec 16, 2017
  4. DPC Watchdog violations while watching Youtube, caused by HAL

Hi,
    I was convinced it was a NVidia thing I've noticed it does add watchdog stuff on install but seeing it on AMD/ radeon no telling
    Someone on ocn said 99% of the time it is vcore is too low to the processor
    Chrome will and does use a lot of resources *Smile

ThrashZone, Dec 16, 2017
  5. ctclark1 Win User
    VCore usually sits around 0.9V when idle, and 1.1-1.2 under general use, but under any kind of load it will max out just over 1.3. If that information helps?

ctclark1, Dec 16, 2017
  6. Hi,
    I've had more than my share of these errors bsod
    And they are mostly win-10 stops responding not much of anything else not responding but since 10 stops everything stops.
    Look forward to a real analysis *Biggrin

ThrashZone, Dec 16, 2017
  7. ctclark1 Win User
    Also of note, when these happen, Chrome will freeze first, I can still move the mouse around and generally have enough time to get Task Manager open, but by the time I can End Task on Chrome it just sits there, the System Interrupts locks at 100% CPU, and then it will green screen (remember, insider builds). It takes about a minute from Chrome freezing to the time it finally screens out, and as I said I can usually work enough to get TM open and see that, yes lucky me, it's going to be the stupid DPC green screen again. (Sorry, things I think of after initially posting)

ctclark1, Dec 16, 2017
  8. DPC Watchdog violations while watching Youtube, caused by HAL

Hi,
    Yep you describe watchdog violation perfectly *Biggrin

ThrashZone, Dec 16, 2017
  9. Hi,
    Ran into this the other day
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/config...ttings-windows

I believe it applies the same restrictions to cpu resources too just haven't found anything further on it
    Haven't tested on win-7 to see what happens on the same oc not quite there with extra ssd's to clone and test without having to restore a system image which takes too much time to test.

ThrashZone, Dec 16, 2017
  10. Hi,
    But the suspect driver is windows kernel if I spelled that right that stops responding and crashes everything eventually just not everything at once *Smile

ThrashZone, Dec 16, 2017
  11. zbook New Member
    The website has strict rules about piracy.

The logs display software that diverts the activation of Windows products.

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:

1) slmgr /dlv

2) for /f "delims=|" %a in ('dir /B /S C:\*ospp.vbs') do cscript "%a" /dstatus > "%userprofile%\Desktop\Genuine_Office.txt"

3) post the results for each into the thread using one drive or drop box share links

zbook, Dec 17, 2017
  12. ctclark1 Win User
    Here's the Windows Licensing. I honestly forgot that Office was even on here, that's been how long its been since I used it. It's uninstalled now. Here's another DM dump just to show that. Can you help me or should I just give up and move on?

ctclark1, Dec 17, 2017
  13. zbook New Member

Rule 4
    No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc) - it is forum policy that no help shall be given to people who knowingly steal software or services.

One of the main reasons for this is that the act of pirating the software will inevitably change the working of the software and make investigation and repair impossible. Please install a legitimate copy of the software and if you are still experiencing the issue we will be pleased to assist - No further assistance will be provided until we are satisfied that the software is genuine.

Software that diverts activation.

zbook, Dec 17, 2017
  14. ctclark1 Win User
    What else do you need? I provided the screenshot of the Windows Licensing which was never affected, and provided a new DM Report that should show that the software and the service that you referred to has been uninstalled.

ctclark1, Dec 18, 2017
  15. zbook New Member
    @ctclark1
    Happy holidays.
    There is a green light to provide help.

There was 1 BSOD mini dump file.
    When debugged it did not display a definitive misbehaving driver.

For all tests/steps please post images into the thread.
    If there are any problems posting images please use one drive or drop box share links.

1) open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    2) sfc /scannow
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    4) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread

5) chkdsk /x /f /r
    This may take many hours so plan to run overnight.

C:\Windows\system32>chkdsk /x /f /r
    The type of the file system is NTFS.
    Cannot lock current drive.

Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
    process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be
    checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)

Type: y
    reboot

Run the command on all drives/partition using the syntax chkdsk /x /f /r c: or chkdsk /x /f /r d: changing the drive letter to the applicable drive letter.
    6) Find the chkdsk reports in the event viewer and post the results into the thread using the information in this link:
    Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

7) Run HDTune: (all drives)
    HD Tune website
    to check the health,
    scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    the health,
    the error scan,
    the benchmark incl. following
    transfer rate,
    access time,
    burst rate,
    cpu usage.
    Take Screenshot in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

8) Run memtest86+ version 5.01 for at least 8 passes. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    This may take hours so plan to run it overnight.
    Please make sure you use the Memtest86+ version 5.01 with the link below.
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    The testing is done not by time but by passes.
    The more passes the better.
    There are a significant number of false negatives if fewer than 8 passes are made.
    A false negative is a test pass when there is malfunctioning RAM.
    There is 6 GB of RAM on the computer.
    Memtest86+ version 5.01 testing takes approximately 1 - 2 hours /GB RAM
    Just 1 error is a fail and you can abort testing.
    Then test 1 RAM module at a time in the same DIMM each for 8 or more passes.
    When Memtest86+ has completed 8 or more passes use a camera or smart phone camera to take a picture and post an image into the thread.
    Memory problems. - Microsoft Community
    MemTest86+ - Test RAM BSOD Tutorials

9) Update: rt640x64.sys
    Updating a driver: Updating a driver. - Microsoft Community

These tests can be performed overnight:
    chkdsk /x /f /r
    HD Tune full error scan
    Memtest86+ version 5.01

Code: Event[764]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2017-10-16T16:18:48.549 Event ID: 51 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: ClarkCT1 Description: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk2\DR2 during a paging operation.Event[765]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2017-10-16T16:18:48.549 Event ID: 51 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: ClarkCT1 Description: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk2\DR2 during a paging operation.[/quote] Code: Event[2076]: Log Name: System Source: storahci Date: 2017-11-14T06:22:44.845 Event ID: 129 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: ClarkCT1 Description: Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued.[/quote] Code: Event[2077]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2017-11-14T06:22:45.062 Event ID: 153 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: ClarkCT1 Description: The IO operation at logical block address 0x3d075c37 for Disk 2 (PDO name: \Device\00000026) was retried.[/quote] Code: 12/17/2017 3:50 PM Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket , type 0 Event Name: BlueScreen Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: 133 P2: 1 P3: 1e00 P4: fffff80011c02370 P5: 0 P6: 10_0_16299 P7: 0_0 P8: 256_1 P9: P10: Attached files: \\?\C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\121717-11546-01.dmp \\?\C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\WER-24953-0.sysdata.xml \\?\C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER79D9.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER7B60.tmp.csv \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER7B90.tmp.txt These files may be available here: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\Kernel_133_44ef41cad67a179a2f9dc12bac57f2c3bdd47f_00000000_cab_029a7b9e Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report Id: 89b37e71-a7db-4b0c-944f-3e3597d71885 Report Status: 4 Hashed bucket:12/14/2017 1:00 AM Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket , type 0 Event Name: BlueScreen Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: 133 P2: 1 P3: 1e00 P4: fffff8037de8c370 P5: 0 P6: 10_0_16299 P7: 0_0 P8: 256_1 P9: P10: Attached files: \\?\C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\121317-10156-01.dmp \\?\C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\WER-23125-0.sysdata.xml \\?\C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER75BC.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER760A.tmp.csv \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER761B.tmp.txt These files may be available here: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\Kernel_133_ee704cb2458c6334bcdbff6eb5f4d0bfbfd7d3_00000000_cab_0270762a Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report Id: 22cc5227-82e1-44cc-ba50-2def1bb6c0f7 Report Status: 4 Hashed bucket:[/quote] Code: 12/17/2017 3:50 PM Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket 0x133_ISR_nt!KeClockInterruptNotify, type 0 Event Name: BlueScreen Response: Not available Cab Id: 499a6a07-7858-4489-afc1-1bb8dc79eae2 Problem signature: P1: 133 P2: 1 P3: 1e00 P4: fffff80011c02370 P5: 0 P6: 10_0_16299 P7: 0_0 P8: 256_1 P9: P10: Attached files: \\?\C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\121717-11546-01.dmp \\?\C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\WER-24953-0.sysdata.xml \\?\C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER79D9.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER7B60.tmp.csv \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER7B90.tmp.txt These files may be available here: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Kernel_133_44ef41cad67a179a2f9dc12bac57f2c3bdd47f_00000000_cab_291adc9a Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report Id: 89b37e71-a7db-4b0c-944f-3e3597d71885 Report Status: 268435456 Hashed bucket:12/14/2017 1:10 AM Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket 0x133_ISR_rt640x64!MPIsr, type 0 Event Name: BlueScreen Response: Not available Cab Id: 937a66b7-e88a-4e27-bf85-ecff1c125216 Problem signature: P1: 133 P2: 1 P3: 1e00 P4: fffff8037de8c370 P5: 0 P6: 10_0_16299 P7: 0_0 P8: 256_1 P9: P10: Attached files: \\?\C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\121317-10156-01.dmp \\?\C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\WER-23125-0.sysdata.xml \\?\C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER75BC.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER760A.tmp.csv \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER761B.tmp.txt \\?\C:\Windows\Temp\WERA47E.tmp.WERDataCollectionStatus.txt These files may be available here: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Kernel_133_ee704cb2458c6334bcdbff6eb5f4d0bfbfd7d3_00000000_cab_13a56d35 Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report Id: 22cc5227-82e1-44cc-ba50-2def1bb6c0f7 Report Status: 268435456 Hashed bucket:[/quote] rt640x64.sys Realtek NICDRV 8169 PCIe GBE Family Controller driver http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false

zbook, Dec 19, 2017
Thema:

1. DPC Watchdog violations while watching Youtube, caused by HAL - Similar Threads - DPC Watchdog violations

2. DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD while watching youtube videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD while watching youtube videos: Hello, I've been getting DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD while watching youtube. It has happened twice now last week. Before the BSOD my laptop will freeze with a loud buzzing noise. Last month I also experienced BSODs but with a different error code. Last month's code was Kernel...
  3. DPC Watchdog Violation causes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    DPC Watchdog Violation causes: Can the DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD occurs by my computer overheating? When it started happening my mouse started freezing along with it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/dpc-watchdog-violation-causes/a604687f-271d-4709-a106-0bbd52b719b4
  4. BSOD DPC-Watchdog Violation when watching youtube or playing spotify

BSOD DPC-Watchdog Violation when watching youtube or playing spotify: Many apologies if this is a duplicate somewhere as my laptop is a Gateway so doing a forum search only turns up tons of network gateway results... This started back in June or so, but is becoming more and more frequent each week. Whenever I watch videos from the internet I...
  5. DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD While Watching Youtube

DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD While Watching Youtube: I have been experiencing many BSODs while browsing Youtube videos. They are all of the DPC Watchdog Violation variety. I have searched through this site previously as I know there are many people experiencing the same problem but I felt it would be easier if I provided with...
  6. BSOD while watching Youtube videos: DPC Watchdog Violation

BSOD while watching Youtube videos: DPC Watchdog Violation: I keep getting a BSOD every time I try to watch Youtube videos. It is always a DPC Watchdog Violation. I recently updated to a new windows version after having issues after doing a reset. Windows 10 i7-7500U Intel HD Graphics 620 92670
  7. BSOD while watching youtube videos, DPC Watchdog Violation

BSOD while watching youtube videos, DPC Watchdog Violation: For the past few days I have been getting a BSOD while watching youtube videos. I've been updating some drivers to try and fix the problem but it's not working. As far as I know, there hasn't been a recent windows 10 update that caused this, it just started happening. 87995
  8. BSOD: DPC Watch Dog Violation while watching Youtube videos

BSOD: DPC Watch Dog Violation while watching Youtube videos: Hi, I've been getting this BSOD while watching youtube videos. The same thing hasn't happened while in another video platform. Here you can find the attached dump files. Thank your very much if anyone tries helping me. I'm very lost, I've tried updating all drivers with...
  9. DPC watchdog violation while watching videos on youtube ASUS K550V

DPC watchdog violation while watching videos on youtube ASUS K550V: Hello, it has been a while since my new notebook ASUS K550V keeps rebooting with a BSOD - dpc watchdog violation. At the beginning I wasn't able to notice what caused it, but now I think it is a problem with video playback (maybe while on battery, even if I am not sure...
  10. BSOD watching Youtube Video, DPC Watchdog Violation

BSOD watching Youtube Video, DPC Watchdog Violation: In the couple past of days after Windows 10 updated by itself, my computer has been crashing every hour while I'm attempting to watch some youtube videos. This is getting out of hand and I have no idea what to do to fix this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! 67073

Users found this page by searching for:

1. event viewer code p1:133