Windows 10: Drag'n'drop file on top of quicklaunch icons doesn't work anymore

Discus and support Drag'n'drop file on top of quicklaunch icons doesn't work anymore in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm used to run files by drag'n'dropping them on top of one of the icons in quicklaunch. When I need to launch file with some app, while file is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by zloidooraque, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Drag'n'drop file on top of quicklaunch icons doesn't work anymore

I'm used to run files by drag'n'dropping them on top of one of the icons in quicklaunch. When I need to launch file with some app, while file is associated with another, or just use the other version of app. E.g. drag and drop png file on Paint icon or Photoshop icon, whether i need to edit it with on or another.

But now, when I drag a file of top of app in quicklaunch, icon turns to striked circle (\). At the same time (what frustrates me even more), I can add a file/shortcut to qucklaunch by dragging it on the empty space (or between apps' shortcuts).

I have Windows 10 and everything was working just some time ago.

:)

zloidooraque, Nov 2, 2015
  2. zldrq Win User

Drag'n'drop file on top of quicklaunch icons doesn't work anymore

I'm used to run files by drag'n'dropping them on top of one of the icons in quicklaunch. When I need to launch file with some specific app, while file is associated with another, or just use the other version of app. E.g. drag and drop png file on Paint
    icon or Photoshop icon, whether i need to edit it with on or another.

But now, when I drag a file of top of app in quicklaunch, icon turns to striked circle (\). At the same time (what frustrates me even more), I can add a file/shortcut to qucklaunch by dragging it on the empty space (or between apps' shortcuts).

I have Windows 10 and everything was working just some time ago.

zldrq, Nov 2, 2015
  3. Geethu B Win User

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with dragging and dropping files in Quick Launch.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect settings.

I suggest you to open an app from the quick launch and then drag and drop the file in to that application. Check if it works.

You may also leave a Feedback in the Windows Feedback App. You may simply search for
    Windows Feedback from the search box.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Nov 2, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

Suggestion :
    Run a system restore. Pick a date when you did not have this issue as your restore point.
    If you need to know how to run system restore, please post back or go to Brink's Tutorial forum for instructions.

System Restore Windows 10

davidhk, Nov 2, 2015
  5. There is already no restore point to when it was working . (The question is ~2 month old, now i just posted it to this forums).

zloidooraque, Nov 2, 2015
  6. davidhk Win User
    Are you sure there are no restore points you can use even if you check the box Show more restore points at bottom left ?

Drag'n'drop file on top of quicklaunch icons doesn't work anymore [​IMG]

davidhk, Nov 2, 2015
  7. thanks for your concern.
    unfortunately no roll backs were enough and problem still persists

zloidooraque, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Drag'n'drop file on top of quicklaunch icons doesn't work anymore - Similar Threads - Drag'n'drop file top

2. Always on Top/Pin to Top doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Always on Top/Pin to Top doesn't work: Wanted to pin a note to top so I can interact with it easier. No such option offered. Googled a how to do it and found this offical Guide from Microsoft: How to Pin a Window Windows Learning Center microsoft.com. It shows the Hotkey being CTRL + F11 for the activation. This...
  3. Always on Top/Pin to Top doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Always on Top/Pin to Top doesn't work: Wanted to pin a note to top so I can interact with it easier. No such option offered. Googled a how to do it and found this offical Guide from Microsoft: How to Pin a Window Windows Learning Center microsoft.com. It shows the Hotkey being CTRL + F11 for the activation. This...
  4. Winget doesn't work anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Winget doesn't work anymore.: Hello everyone, as you can see from the screenshot when i use the command "winget" it does nothing, the only change that i can see is the colour of the letters.Is there a solution?Thank in advance....
  5. Fingertip doesn't work anymore

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingertip doesn't work anymore: I've had this windows hello fingertip thing and it doesn't work anymore i tried to update the driver "Biometric devices" as in the picture but it says that it's already updated, my windows is updated as well[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  6. Notebook doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notebook doesn't work anymore: Hi. I need emergency help So, I have this Lenovo Ideapad 320 for about 8months and it suddenly started having "blue screen" errors. I did what i found in the community, and that was cleaning my HD by CMD, it helped that was March 18th. Then everything was fine until...
  7. A program doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A program doesn't work anymore: Hey there, A few days ago, my PC ran into a problem and restarted while I was playing a game. After that, I have not been able to open the game anymore. Unfortunately, there is no error message to be posted. Can anyone help me out with this problem? Regards....
  8. License doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    License doesn't work anymore: My computer started to tell me my license was going to expire, and I didn't really look into it. Then the messages stopped coming up, and was replaced with a Activate Windows thing in the corner. Today, I wanted to play a game from the microsoft store, and when I tried to...
  9. Bluetooth doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth doesn't work anymore: A few moments ago my bluetooth stopped workig. I already tried to follow your faq on how to fix the problems similar to mine, but nothing worked. Then I found this topic: click. It's identical to my case: after I disinstalled the bluetooth from Device Manager and rebooted...
  10. QuickLaunch file overwrite on file not yet created

in Windows 10 Customization
    QuickLaunch file overwrite on file not yet created: I have directories and related subdirectories in my QuickLaunch folder for Music. I fine-tune metadata for a music folder and then create a playlist for VLC Media Player to use. Then I cut and paste the shortcut to the M3U8 file into the QuickLaunch subdirectory—only to be...