Windows 10: Driver Related BSOD - Driver Verifier

Discus and support Driver Related BSOD - Driver Verifier in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After all this troubleshooting, it looks like the blue screen only occurs when the laptop is at 100% and the charger is still plugged in. I didn't even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PaulM, Feb 29, 2016.

1. PaulM Win User

Driver Related BSOD - Driver Verifier

For four days, I had no crashes when the laptop was unplugged. Now, it just happened three times in ten minutes. First, the computer freezes, then the Windows taskbar disappears, and then the blue screen occurs. There are still no dump files being created upon the typical crash. Any ideas? Thank you.

PaulM, Mar 9, 2016
  2. axe0 New Member

What were the error codes displayed? Any driver shown?

3. PaulM Win User
    The only error code I get is CRITICAL PROCESS DIED, unfortunately. It says it's collecting information but gets stuck at 0%.

PaulM, Mar 9, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

That crash typically doesn't hold much data, my suggestion are some basic stuff to find out if there is hardware problems and/or system file corruption.
    Try booting in safe mode and see if the problem still persist.

Driver Related BSOD - Driver Verifier [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    System File Check
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow says "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

5. PaulM Win User
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow says "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds. Thanks again for helping out. I haven't tried safe mode for an extended period of time yet but I'll attach the CBS.log
    Attachment 68727

PaulM, Mar 9, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    The corruption is nothing to worry about, it is a file called opencl.dll that is replaced by Nvidia everytime you update your GPU drivers.
    This 'corruption' doesn't affect anything *Smile

7. PaulM Win User
    Thanks for looking into it. I'm really stumped here. There was a solid three weeks where I didn't have a single blue screen so I thought a hardware malfunction was improbable. My coworker has the same laptop build and is experiencing the same issue, even after having Dell replace the SSD, RAM, and clean out the inside.

PaulM, Mar 9, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Patchday may have caused some instability problems which was last tuesday.

9. PaulM Win User
    The issue is still persisting. I tried running my laptop in safe mode for about 16 hours and there were no crashes. Currently, crashes are occurring about every 2.5 hours on average.

PaulM, Mar 23, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    With safe mode it is confirmed the problem is either driver/software or your GPU (in safe mode GPU's are disabled)
    2 questions,
    • do you switch between your GPU's?
    • what were the bugchecks of the crashes?

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

11. PaulM Win User
    1. I do have two GPUs. I have not configured them at all and I'm not sure how they work together.

2. What sort of bugchecks? There are still no dumps being created after the crashes.

PaulM, Mar 23, 2016
  12. Paul.

You can manage when your nVidia card is enabled and when it isn't by checking the info here:
    right click on desktop
    select nvidia control panel
    select 3D settings.
    and there should be an option for when the nvidia graphics are enabled.

Cheers, Boris *Smile

BorisTheAnimal, Mar 23, 2016
  13. PaulM Win User

Thanks, I see an option to make the integrated graphics the preferred graphics processor. However, there is a note underneath that says, "to ensure compatibility, the driver may override this setting. Programs that launch on an external displays that are driven by the NVIDIA GPU will always use the NVIDIA GPU."

Should I make integrated graphics the preferred graphics processor and see if the issue continues?

PaulM, Mar 23, 2016
  14. Yes please!

BorisTheAnimal, Mar 24, 2016
  15. PaulM Win User
    It just blue screened again. First one all day though!

PaulM, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Driver Related BSOD - Driver Verifier - Similar Threads - Driver Related BSOD

2. Driver verifier Bsod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver verifier Bsod: Dear All,I have run driver verifier and it showed wdfserial.sys error. How to fix this BSOD ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-verifier-bsod/05b8b93d-216c-4825-a307-dc2f8e2d9d44
  3. Driver verifier Bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver verifier Bsod: Dear All,I have run driver verifier and it showed wdfserial.sys error. How to fix this BSOD ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-verifier-bsod/05b8b93d-216c-4825-a307-dc2f8e2d9d44
  4. Driver Verifier BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver Verifier BSOD: So for like a year im having random reboots with no BSOD up to 2 times a month, so i researched the topic for a bit and ruled out some faulty hardware like GPU was already in my old PC and ran fine or RAM Memtest86 passed without problems, changed PSU too. i also changed some...
  5. Driver Verifier BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Verifier BSOD: So for like a year im having random reboots with no BSOD up to 2 times a month, so i researched the topic for a bit and ruled out some faulty hardware like GPU was already in my old PC and ran fine or RAM Memtest86 passed without problems, changed PSU too. i also changed some...
  6. Driver Verifier BSOD

7. BSOD Driver Related

BSOD Driver Related: Good evening, I seem to be getting driver crashes quite frequently now. I just ran Verifier, and it keeps it in a consistent loop of BSOD. Just looking to get these minidumps read so I can try to fix it or get suggestions on how...
  8. BSOD with Driver Verifier

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with Driver Verifier: Hey,so i recently noticed that my pc sometimes crashed out of nowhere and my error was The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffffc68ad8e77010, 0xfffff8033a2d19e4, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004. A dump was saved in:...
  9. bsod with driver verifier

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bsod with driver verifier: hello, so i have been experiencing some bsod, I've recently built a pc and installed windows 10 on a new ssd but here and there i would get a bsod around 3 a day mostly starts up again when i can sleep my pc or restart/shutoff ive gotten several errors such as ntoskrnl.exe...
  10. Driver Verifier for a BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver Verifier for a BSOD: Hello, I used driver verifier to find out why i'm having freeze and BSOD, there is my DMP file, I hope someone can help me out https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ansh37cgsCUtiWNq5QmTy7pI3giE Thanks !...